Code of Conduct
o

Default Mont Blanc Legend Batch Code

Hi guys.First of all ,I would really like to thank all of you guys for such a nice forum
    I bought a bottle of Mont Blanc Legend 200ML 5 days ago online and it smell amazing.Buuuuttt...I went to the web site I always go to to check the batch code and make sure it was 100% original ( checkfresh.com ) and the website tells me that this bottle is supposed to have a 9 character batch code ending with 1 letter/digit and 3 digits (eg 04B25B104, 05D03C284) and the bottle I just bought has 10 digits instead of 9 .Both batch codes, the one from the bottle and the one from the box are exactly the same and every time I type the batch code on the website all I get is an error because of the last digit whish is a letter B
    if I remove the last letter B from the batch code I immidiately get a nice result teelling me that the bottled is from january 2019 but this happens only when I remove the letter B from the batch code on the website.I will upload some pics so you guys can have a better idea about my doubt Thank you so much all of you guys and I hope You guys can help me out to find out if this bottle is original or not.Once again...Thank you guysBox with BATCH CODE.jpgBottle with BATCH CODE.jpgCheckfresh.jpg
    ps: The website I bought it from was fragrancenet

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Mont Blanc Legend Batch Code

Welcome to you rol_35! Enjoy your time here at Basenotes! Those sites often aren't accurate dating bottles and often they come up with a blank. If you bought it from a reputable vendor, I'd bet you're fine. Enjoy your new acquisition!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Thank you so much Hednic for your help.I think I'm gonna have to trust the website I bought it from.Although it's still kind of weird all this.Once again thank you.

Interesting... I got one of these 200ml Legend with a extra A back in September from maxaroma ( 08j24j140a ), didn't think anything of it,

Thought maybe it could be a 200ml thing but I'm looking at my Legend spirit 200ml, and nothing extra there, so it's not that...

Now I'm curious!

*Like everyone says above batch codes sites are iffy, if you type check cosmetics vs checkfresh different dates, so take it with a grain of salt...

- - - Updated - - -

I'll start a conspiracy theory, that maybe a ingredient got banned, so they are experimenting with different replacements, batch a and batch b.

*Only bec I do remember feeling that longevity was kind of crap with this new bottle when I first got it, though my old bottle was finished so could not compare... so i could be totally off...and I did tend to overspray this back then too vs now I'm more conservative...

Maybe go to a proper retailer (sephora ulta bloomingdales... )and see if theirs have 10 digits/extra a or b now... if it bothers you enough
    Last edited by DeltaStubs.com; 23rd January 2020 at 07:10 PM.