Code of Conduct
o

Default Fahrenheit Perfum???

Is farenheigt Perfum a reborn beautiful fragrance like it once was? I've been meaning to buy this is bit is like todys standards ? It's just alright , don't get me wrong I love but it fell off the wagon with the reformulated version which batch is the best and worst ? I have 2018 bottle and it's not bad ) longtivity average nothin special , performace is soft , not strong , and it's just toned down alot
    Currently wearing: The Dreamer by Versace

Default Re: Fahrenheit Perfum???

I don’t think that Fahrenheit Parfum has been reformulated? Its very rich and strong. Do you mean Fahrenheit EdT?

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The name is Farhenheit Le Parfum, and it's important to understand that it's not a parfum strength Fahrenheit. It's a completely different scent, kind of like how Dior Homme Cologne isn't Dior Homme in EdC strength. It's a different scent.

Think of the name Fahrenheit Le Parfum kind of like Terre De Hermes. If somebody says Terre Hermes... that's not the name. It's Terre D'Hermes. And Fahrenheit Parfum isn't the name. It's Fahrenheit Le Parfum. And, again to be clear: Fahrenheit Le Parfum isn't Fahrenheit in parfum strength. It's a totally different scent (Vanilla, rm, suede, liccorice... it's a very different from Fahrenheit).
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 22nd December 2019 at 07:32 PM.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Nio
    Endymion
    Royal Oud
    Petit Matin
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Tabac Rouge
    Grey Vetiver EDP
    Reflection Man
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Interlude Man
    Les Exclusifs Eau de Cologne
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT
    Pomelo Paradis
    Green Irish Tweed
    Prada L'Homme
    Aqua Universalis

Quote Originally Posted by midsbloke View Post
    I don’t think that Fahrenheit Parfum has been reformulated? Its very rich and strong. Do you mean Fahrenheit EdT?
    No farenheigt Perfum no EDT or EDP just farenheigt perfum

61CMfmAhsEL._SL1000_ (1).jpg
    This is what I want

Quote Originally Posted by midsbloke View Post
    I don’t think that Fahrenheit Parfum has been reformulated? Its very rich and strong.
    No it's still the same formulation.
    I've got a lot of backup bottles from 2018 and that juice is really potent!
    Lasts >12 hours easily and projects very well!

There's a nice review done by Super Dacob I highly recommend to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RDDhQKEwmo

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Only know the one that first came out and IMO it's wonderful.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned

Fahrenheit parfum is excellent

Basenotes Plus

Fahrenheit Parfum is excellent, rich, slightly sweet and boozy, woodsy, and lasts all day. It doesn’t smell like just a stronger Fahrenheit, but it DOES have a link to the original Fahrenheit (through the sweet violet leaf), so they’re not entirely dissimilar. I think of it as a richer, sweeter, cozier version. I love it.

From a personal viewpoint alone, honestly and openly speaking, never had this impression so far with all (albeit still quite limited) testing/sampling experiences regarding Fahrenheit Parfum so far.

Apart from the performance being outstanding, to proficient best mode standards with comparatively little sprays, the scent was also another treat, more outstandingly highlighted by this very good aforementioned performance, as well as notes that somehow managed to establish the levels of excellence did not find in regular Fahrenheit EDT - simply because in this latter one the favorite and personally, subjectively enjoyed hints of leather, florals, moss, incense, chypre, wood etc. were still there, albeit underexposed, underachieving and needing, even craving the performance and (re) interpretation of a powerhouse, beast mode rendition.

All in all, would consider Fahrenheit Parfum along with Absolute, but also to a lesser extent its limited edition as well as regular summer/light flankers as quite successfully heightening, repealing, rectifying, correcting, further improving what might have gone, if not downright wrong, at least underwhelming, unimpressive and/or uninspired, with regular Fahrenheit EDT.
    Currently wearing: Zino Davidoff by Davidoff

I'm a huge fan of Fahrenheit (original release) and owned Fahrenheit Parfum. The original Fahrenheit DNA is within the parfum; however it is totally richer with notes of vanilla, a bit of booze (rum perhaps) and parfum hits differently while reminding you of the original.

Superb longevity, but I've found that it wore better in cooler temps and/or at night time wearings.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

I've sampled it. Smells like strong, woody violet with a vanilla dry down.

Liked it, but didn't love it.

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

DrJones, as others mentioned this is not a more concentrated version of the original. It's a flanker with a totally different formula, although hints of original Fahrenheit are present. I like it for what it is, but if you go in expecting plain old Fahrenheit, you'll be disappointed. It's a sweeter, modernized take on the pillar.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Fahrenheit Parfum isn't the name. It's Fahrenheit Le Parfum.
    I'm not sure this is true. I've had two bottles and no where on the packaging or bottle was Le. On the Dior websites (FR, GB) it is called Fahrenheit Parfum in multiple places, but never Le. The Eau Sauvage, Homme, Sauvage, and many feminine flankers are simply _______ Parfum, no Le. I don't know why it would be different for just one of them.

The only reliable place I've seen Le Parfum is on some of the original marketing material. But I always took that as "Introducing the Parfum version" to differentiate it from the original. I know Fragrantica lists it as Le Parfum, but I think that's incorrect. It's not the first time they'd have got a directory name wrong, it happens here too.

If anyone has seen Le on a bottle, box, or other official Dior source (besides the ad/poster) I'd be curious to see it. 3rd party sellers and decanters call it Le Parfum in the listing occasionally. They also list Creed Adventus, Parfums de Marley, and Fahrenheit EdP.

On the subject of this being called the wrong thing, it is often referred to as Fahrenheit EdP, which it is definitely not. As far as I know, Fahrenheit Eau de Parfum does not and has never existed.

If I really wanted to split hairs, Terre De Hermès doesn't exist either. It's Terre d'Hermès. But who's counting

Again, I'm not 100% positive but if the official title is Fahrenheit Le Parfum, why omit Le from your website, point of sale, bottle, and packaging?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    The original Fahrenheit DNA is within the parfum; however it is totally richer with notes of vanilla, a bit of booze (rum perhaps) and parfum hits differently while reminding you of the original.
    Well put.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I got a bottle a couple of weeks ago and have worn it twice. My favorite part is the first two hours or so where the top notes create the warm suede accord.

I need to wear it more often. So far I am only comfortable confirming the warm, bold suede up front and the sweet/boozy drydown. There is definitely some more notes happening in the middle, but I haven't worn it enough to comment on them.

But one thing that is certain is that it feels high quality throughout. Longevity is very good and no off notes for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

All Is Beautiful

I love the parfum, as well as the EDT and Absolute.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

My faves are the EDT, Parfum and yes, the Cologne (not the Aqua!).

Quote Originally Posted by IsoESuperman View Post
    I'm not sure this is true. I've had two bottles and no where on the packaging or bottle was Le. On the Dior websites (FR, GB) it is called Fahrenheit Parfum in multiple places, but never Le. The Eau Sauvage, Homme, Sauvage, and many feminine flankers are simply _______ Parfum, no Le. I don't know why it would be different for just one of them.

The only reliable place I've seen Le Parfum is on some of the original marketing material. But I always took that as "Introducing the Parfum version" to differentiate it from the original. I know Fragrantica lists it as Le Parfum, but I think that's incorrect. It's not the first time they'd have got a directory name wrong, it happens here too.

If anyone has seen Le on a bottle, box, or other official Dior source (besides the ad/poster) I'd be curious to see it. 3rd party sellers and decanters call it Le Parfum in the listing occasionally. They also list Creed Adventus, Parfums de Marley, and Fahrenheit EdP.
    Again, I'm not 100% positive but if the official title is Fahrenheit Le Parfum, why omit Le from your website, point of sale, bottle, and packaging?
    I've been saying the exact same thing. People have corrected me multiple times on here, "dude, its not "FP" (Fahrenheit Parfum) its Fahrenheit LE Parfum"

Well, it says "Fahrenheit Parfum" on the box, so Fahrenheit Parfum it is. FP for short.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post

Well, it says "Fahrenheit Parfum" on the box, so Fahrenheit Parfum it is. FP for short.
    I think it doesn't matter.
    If you say "Fahrenheit Le Parfum" or "Fahrenheit Parfum" everyone knows what's meant.

The biggest German best price search engine also lists it as "Fahrenheit Le Parfum": https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich...75ml-dior.html

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    I've been saying the exact same thing. People have corrected me multiple times on here, "dude, its not "FP" (Fahrenheit Parfum) its Fahrenheit LE Parfum"

My guess is that Dior changed the name at some point.

Interestingly, it isn't listed at all on Dior.com, even if you do a search. They don't show any Fahrenheit flankers (except for the after shave), which seems odd. I wonder if they're discontinuing some of them.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Nio
    Endymion
    Royal Oud
    Petit Matin
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Tabac Rouge
    Grey Vetiver EDP
    Reflection Man
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Interlude Man
    Les Exclusifs Eau de Cologne
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT
    Pomelo Paradis
    Green Irish Tweed
    Prada L'Homme
    Aqua Universalis

Well its been rumored to be discontinued, since probably about two months after it came out. But I don't think it is.

For the OP this is one of my favorite fragrances of all time, and by far my most complimented one. Its just a beautiful, masterpiece fragrance. Hard not to enjoy.

Interestingly, it isn't listed at all on Dior.com, even if you do a search. They don't show any Fahrenheit flankers (except for the after shave), which seems odd. I wonder if they're discontinuing some of them.
    I have noticed that, too.

Over a year ago the Dior customer support told me that both, Fahrenheit (Le) Parfum and Dior Homme Parfum, are going to be discontinued in 2019. And they were almost gone over several months, especially DHP, which was only left available at 2 greymarket dealers who wanted 150 Euros for a bottle.

Recently the product manager of Dior at LVMH told me, when I asked about the new Dior Homme EDT, that DHP was indeed discontinued but is now in production again. Latest batches I've seen of DHP were 9K01.

I'm not sure what they are going to do with Fahrenheit Parfum but it seems that those decisions could change fast.
    Maybe they will give the whole Fahrenheit range a new packaging, too (like with the Dior Homme line)?

I've already bought enough backup bottles of Fahrenheit Parfum and Fahrenheit Cologne - and of course of the EDT.
    So they can do what they want.

My guess is that Dior changed the name at some point.

It is for us Brits. I wonder why there's different listings for different countries.

https://www.dior.com/en_gb/fragrance...nce/fahrenheit

https://www.dior.com/en_gb/products/...renheit-parfum