Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Ensar Oud Tigerlust

Quote Originally Posted by Jcelello View Post
    Can anyone share their thoughts on the Tigerlust EDP? Even better, has anyone tried both the EDP and PP that is willing to give a comparison?
    After ordering the EDP samples I ordered a FB of Tigerlust and C&P. Since my sample of C&P broke, I do not have much of a comparison but I instantly noticed the Tigerlust FB was weaker and almost lacking a complete note that was present in the sample. I asked Adam at EO and he said it was the same exact batch as the sample I ordered a couple weeks prior and maybe they accidentally sent the PP sample. It’s labled as EDP so not sure if that’s what happened. The sample is ... only way to describe both TL and C&P is...magic. With that said, the FB is a little less magical but obviously still incredibly amazing. Just wish it was as full bodied and big as the sample bottle.

Anyone else notice the FB being weaker than the samples???

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

I really enjoyed Tigerlust and I have put a hopeful suggestion to add not only Tigerlust but EO2 and Crime & Punishment to the wardrobe here on Basenotes.

Looks like Ensar's sale ends this weekend which is a shame. Might need to pony up and get a bottle or two before prices go up. Would love these current prices to remain permanently as it makes his creations more affordable.

Now what to get, Tigerlust, EO1/2 or C&P. And EDP or Parfum. Choices choices...

Quote Originally Posted by ausphil View Post
    Looks like Ensar's sale ends this weekend which is a shame. Might need to pony up and get a bottle or two before prices go up. Would love these current prices to remain permanently as it makes his creations more affordable.

Now what to get, Tigerlust, EO1/2 or C&P. And EDP or Parfum. Choices choices...
    I would not buy them full price it’s just not quite enough juice for the price. Especially the EDP I need 4-5 sprays to enjoy it, before reapplying after a few hours. But to me, it’s the Holy Grail anyway. I will go through this stuff quick. How do you know the sale ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Dothraki View Post
    I would not buy them full price it’s just not quite enough juice for the price. Especially the EDP I need 4-5 sprays to enjoy it, before reapplying after a few hours. But to me, it’s the Holy Grail anyway. I will go through this stuff quick. How do you know the sale ends?
    There was an email sent out that the sale ends this weekend. He is keeping the 30ml PP which is nice and the DHL offer of free shipping over $299 and $10 under (for now anyways). Damn pressure buying.

Quote Originally Posted by ausphil View Post
    There was an email sent out that the sale ends this weekend. He is keeping the 30ml PP which is nice and the DHL offer of free shipping over $299 and $10 under (for now anyways). Damn pressure buying.
    Ahh I see... I did not get the email, at least not yet. Thanks for the heads up!

Now I have an “EDP” tester bottle, EDP Full bottle, and a PP 30ml bottle that are all different from each other, the tester bottle being the best of the 3. It smells closer to the PP bottle but the opening is bigger and projection is stronger with the tester bottle.

They are all fantastic but I’m a little put off that neither full bottle smells like the tester. The tester is much better than either FB.

I’m thinking of mixing all three of them together.

I just can’t get over how INSANE this fragrance Blend is. It’s incredibly complex, exotic, and addicting as hell. EO1, EO2, C&P all best of the best I’ve ever experienced but Tiger Lust...It’s the one...it’s the Holy Grail.

Basenotes Plus

Here's a You Tube review from Tom on Tiger Lust

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by JBS1 View Post
    Here's a You Tube review from Tom on Tiger Lust
    From what he’s describing it’s a completely different fragrance from what I’ve smelled. I don’t get a single example of what he’s talking about with my experience. The idea of a bbq, smoked wood, sweat, sports drinks etc makes absolutely zero sense but I guess everyone associates scent with different things.

I’ve seen someone else on Fragrantica say that tigerlust smells like photorealistic bacon and that’s also strange to me. Unless there’s a new Smokey batch I haven’t smelled I’m curious what would make that scent association work?

luckyscent has a sale on the tigerlust 9ml, so I picked that up along with shiragoromo. after sampling sultan leather attar I had to get eo1, or at least one of his perfumes. you guys seem to love TL, I hope it blows me away. because then I can live with this sample and not have to drop 400 on EO1!

Quote Originally Posted by Swoleiosis View Post
    luckyscent has a sale on the tigerlust 9ml, so I picked that up along with shiragoromo. after sampling sultan leather attar I had to get eo1, or at least one of his perfumes. you guys seem to love TL, I hope it blows me away. because then I can live with this sample and not have to drop 400 on EO1!
    If you love SLA or EO1 I can’t see you not loving Tigerlust. It’s like the non-leather version if that makes sense. It’s incredible, complex, dynamic...never smelled anything that’s even in the same ballpark (except other Ensar Oud parfums).

Basenotes Member

Shiragoromo = LOVE
    Currently wearing: Kyara by Di Ser

Quote Originally Posted by SOB111 View Post
    Shiragoromo = LOVE
    I hope they send me a sample of kyara and hasu with it ��

Quote Originally Posted by Dothraki View Post
    If you love SLA or EO1 I can’t see you not loving Tigerlust. It’s like the non-leather version if that makes sense. It’s incredible, complex, dynamic...never smelled anything that’s even in the same ballpark (except other Ensar Oud parfums).
    You're right, it's also hard to describe this with notes, instead words like, complex, dynamic, "kinda like," keep coming up. It reminds me of a designer fragrance with its universal feel and versatility. Usually artisan frags have an image, note, rare material that is being built around, artistic point, older perfume to which they pay homage, etc, as its raison d etre; this instead feels like a perfume with the goal of just smelling good.

I for sure smell the oud and tobacco of SLA in the opening, the musk of EO2 later, and a fruityness and ambergris wave cresting then giving way back to the musk over and over. With a spicy and incensey / wood like drown, that is different from the spices and tobacco of SLA and not the drydown of EO2 either, it could be the drydown of another EO frag but I've only tried these 3.

My only negative for SLA and TL would be their lasting power. A common retort here is that, "I don't want to smell like xyz for 8 hours," well I'd very much like to have even a weakly projecting drydown of SLA for 8 hours, I could smell like that for 8 days and be happy. Likewise with TL, the 2 - 2.5 hours of "visibility" from a spray would be ideal at 3 or 4, I'd grab a full bottle immediately if that were the case, still might after this 9.5 tester is done. As an aside I find TL obsoletes EO2, but that's more of a compliment for TL than a knock on EO2; if I were rich I'd use EO2 like an eccentric molecules for musking up other frags.

Thanks to everyone for putting great scents like this on the map, it's hard to know what to try without all the descriptions and opinions of others who appreciate them.

Basenotes Junkie

That’s interesting that Tigerlust doesn’t last for you. I get over 12 hours as a skin scent with about 4 having soft sillage and maybe two hours of solid projection. I personally enjoy getting wafts of TL throughout the day but with this super complex scents they can cause nose fatigue rather quickly. With SLA I only need one or two small dots behind my ears to get lasting projecting for 8 hours and usually will still smell it in the morning.

Musks can cause serious nose fatigue. I thought I couldn’t smell TL at all but my wife was so pissed at me for wearing it because she said it filled the entire car with musk and Oud. Two notes she HATES hahah.

Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    That’s interesting that Tigerlust doesn’t last for you. I get over 12 hours as a skin scent with about 4 having soft sillage and maybe two hours of solid projection. I personally enjoy getting wafts of TL throughout the day but with this super complex scents they can cause nose fatigue rather quickly. With SLA I only need one or two small dots behind my ears to get lasting projecting for 8 hours and usually will still smell it in the morning.

Musks can cause serious nose fatigue. I thought I couldn’t smell TL at all but my wife was so pissed at me for wearing it because she said it filled the entire car with musk and Oud. Two notes she HATES hahah.
    I find the deep drydown of SLA is often still prominent when I wake up in the morning after a full evening wear.

Also, I’ve made my peace with TL and it’s similarities to the others(it is quite nice) but I still prefer my EO2 if I want ensar musk!

Basenotes Plus

From what he’s describing it’s a completely different fragrance from what I’ve smelled. I don’t get a single example of what he’s talking about with my experience. The idea of a bbq, smoked wood, sweat, sports drinks etc makes absolutely zero sense but I guess everyone associates scent with different things.

I’ve seen someone else on Fragrantica say that tigerlust smells like photorealistic bacon and that’s also strange to me. Unless there’s a new Smokey batch I haven’t smelled I’m curious what would make that scent association work?
    Completely agree, although I do get the smoke. I just gave myself two spritzes (it's excellent at night for me), and it smells like dessert. If anything, I get top notes of spicy and smoky old bananas, which then dries down to a very nice baker's mix of warm spices. Not getting the bacon or barbecue, and I'm going to save this for winter, when I suspect it'll be a very nice evening scent.
    Currently wearing: Oud Minérale by Tom Ford

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    I find the deep drydown of SLA is often still prominent when I wake up in the morning after a full evening wear.

Also, I’ve made my peace with TL and it’s similarities to the others(it is quite nice) but I still prefer my EO2 if I want ensar musk!
    I agree. I enjoy EO2 the most. I’ve grown to love how spicy and furry it is. Tigerlust ended up becoming boring for me because I have Monsieur Oud now and layering it with EO2 is the best ensar experience I’ve had.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by davidcalgary29 View Post
    Completely agree, although I do get the smoke. I just gave myself two spritzes (it's excellent at night for me), and it smells like dessert. If anything, I get top notes of spicy and smoky old bananas, which then dries down to a very nice baker's mix of warm spices. Not getting the bacon or barbecue, and I'm going to save this for winter, when I suspect it'll be a very nice evening scent.
    When I really pay attention to it I pick up a smokiness but you’re right. I really get a nice almost gourmand drydown. Crime and punishment is the same way but lately the spices have amped up and I’m really enjoying it.

I personally enjoy getting wafts of TL throughout the day but with this super complex scents they can cause nose fatigue rather quickly. With SLA I only need one or two small dots behind my ears to get lasting projecting for 8 hours and usually will still smell it in the morning.
    you were right about SLA behind the ears. I smelled it much longer than when it was on my wrists. now the only problem is deciding if I get SLA or EO no1

you were right about SLA behind the ears. I smelled it much longer than when it was on my wrists. now the only problem is deciding if I get SLA or EO no1
    Both. Definitely both.

aren't sla, eo1 edp and pp the same things, with different levels of ambergris, though?

Basenotes Junkie

aren't sla, eo1 edp and pp the same things, with different levels of ambergris, though?
    There’s differences in all of them but if you got an original version verse the new Manipur version it would be totally different. If not they’re like all flankers of each other with enough differences to warrant owning all of them