Code of Conduct

Default L'Oreal Men Expert BarberClub Protective Shaving Cream with Cedarwood Essential Oil

This L'Oreal shave cream is similar in function to Everyman Jack and the Australian made Gideon Jones shave creams, which also contain oil.

The result of using these oil containing shave creams is slightly more drag when shaving, but less nicks and less stings after applying alum afterwards. Also if one rinses off with water alone, a very, very thin oily film is left behind on the face - which one can either get off with soap, or leave it there as it's not noticeable a few minutes later.

Note well, when I get the same sort of drag as i get with this cream, when using regular creams, it's usually the case of either the cream being a bit of a dud, or something wrong with the blade. But that's not the case with the L'Oreal cream.

The shave experience with the L'Oreal shave cream is also very similar to what one gets when applying Art Of Shaving pre-shave oil and then using a regular shave cream on top of it.

So, if one has regular nicks or regular rawness issues with using regular shave creams or soaps, I think it is certainly worth checking out this new L'Oreal offering.
    Regards,
    Renato

P.S. The slight extra drag which I mention above was noticeable when I was using a five blade Bic Flex cartridge razor. But today I used a Double Edge razor with Feather blade, and I couldn't detect anything much by way of extra drag.
    Last edited by Renato; 31st December 2019 at 11:55 AM.

Default Re: L'Oreal Men Expert BarberClub Protective Shaving Cream with Cedarwood Essential Oil

Good info, thanks Renato.
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa
    Currently wearing: Tsar by Van Cleef & Arpels

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Default Re: L'Oreal Men Expert BarberClub Protective Shaving Cream with Cedarwood Essential Oil

Thanks for the review, Renato!

And wishing you a happy 2020!
    Currently wearing: Sel Marin by Heeley

If you have a longer beard, the rest of the BarberClub series is definitely worth looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    Thanks for the review, Renato!

And wishing you a happy 2020!
    Thanks very much.
    And a very Happy New Year to you too.
    Regards,
    Renato

With apologies in advance for the belated reply and also for the more or less off-topic aspects of this very reply, but more importantly thanking you for the recommendation, have to add the fact of adding at least so far personally quite good skin care, protective, refreshing results from the Men Expert line compared to its price.

Also wanting to ask you-having also started a previous thread about this-if you ever noticed any similarity between the scent of another Men Expert line and the powdery iris note specific for Dior Homme, but also to a lesser extent fragrances like Zara 9.0, YSL l'Homme, Pierre Cardin Iris Sauvage and other built around a similar concept, just with a much lower but around this price point still acceptable projection.

At any rate, if and as soon as available in most online and offline stores, will try this new addition to the Men Expert line, including putting this to work into the daily routine.