Code of Conduct
Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 630 of 1588
o
  1. #601
    Dependent allkindsofwatches1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,845

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Gianfranco Ferre (M.)

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  2. #602
    Basenotes Plus

    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    27,231

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020


  3. #603
    Heaven's made of oakmoss
    Marand75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,093

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Ferrari Cuvée ('88)
    Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!
    Currently wearing: Quorum by Antonio Puig

  4. #604

  5. #605
    Heaven's made of oakmoss
    Marand75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,093

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by the watcher View Post
    Very nice
    And welcome to the Vintage forum!
    Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!
    Currently wearing: Quorum by Antonio Puig

  6. #606

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Femme
    First wearing ever from a sample courtesy of grayspoole, love at first smell I think.
    ”I want all the perfumes”

  7. #607

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by the watcher View Post
    Nice. Welcome watcher! I haven't tried this one but have liked other vintage Lanvin's - My Sin, Crescendo, Arpege. The labels confuse me. I have read that it is supposed to be a woman and a suitor, but it looks like a child to me. Hmm...My Sin, Rumeur, Scandal?
    ”I want all the perfumes”

  8. #608
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    305,164

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    SOTE: Santal Imperial by Creed

    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  9. #609
    Basenotes Plus

    Starblind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,558

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Hello? Have you met me?

    Attachment 117512
    It was a (bad, very bad) joke.
    Currently wearing: 17/17 Irisss by Xerjoff

  10. #610
    All Is Beautiful
    thrilledchilled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Virginia, Florida
    Posts
    4,254

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

  11. #611
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue WA
    Posts
    8,876
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    IMG_20200127_151415_186.jpg

    Avon Lover Boy (1980)

    Everyone's watching, to see what you will do
    Everyone's looking at you, oh
    Everyone's wondering, will you come out tonight
    Everyone's trying to get it right, get it right

    Everybody's working for the weekend
    Everybody wants a little romance
    Everybody's goin' off the deep end
    Everybody needs a second chance, oh
    You want a piece of my heart
    You better start from start
    You wanna be in the show
    Come on baby lets GO!

    -Loverboy 1981
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

  12. #612

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Jicky EdT

  13. #613
    Basenotes Plus
    PStoller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,060

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Earlyn View Post
    Nice. Welcome watcher! I haven't tried this one but have liked other vintage Lanvin's - My Sin, Crescendo, Arpege. The labels confuse me. I have read that it is supposed to be a woman and a suitor, but it looks like a child to me. Hmm...My Sin, Rumeur, Scandal?
    The logo is a stylized depiction of Jeanne Lanvin and her daughter, Marguerite Marie Blanche Lanvin. Unlike the logo, most of the fragrance names were clearly conceived to "sex them up."

    Rumeur is one of my favorites of the vintage Lanvin feminines I've smelled: Arpège, My Sin, Pretexte, Rumeur, Scandal, and Crescendo. I'll see about contributing Rumeur to VSS3, as I bought my wife quite a bit of it, but, alas, she prefers Scandal.

  14. #614
    Basenotes Plus
    Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    5,929

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Hopefully you have more free time soon!
    If only! But thanks for the positivity!


    My SOTD was Polo (Warner distribution)

    My SOTN is Fendi Uomo


    I hope all are well.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

  15. #615
    Basenotes Plus
    Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    5,929

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    IMG_20200127_151415_186.jpg

    Avon Lover Boy (1980)

    Everyone's watching, to see what you will do
    Everyone's looking at you, oh
    Everyone's wondering, will you come out tonight
    Everyone's trying to get it right, get it right

    Everybody's working for the weekend
    Everybody wants a little romance
    Everybody's goin' off the deep end
    Everybody needs a second chance, oh
    You want a piece of my heart
    You better start from start
    You wanna be in the show
    Come on baby lets GO!

    -Loverboy 1981
    Does it smell like...?
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

  16. #616
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    45,158

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Chanel Antaeus Sport
    CHANEL ANATEUS VINTAGE.jpg
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Angélique Encens by Creed

  17. #617

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    The logo is a stylized depiction of Jeanne Lanvin and her daughter, Marguerite Marie Blanche Lanvin. Unlike the logo, most of the fragrance names were clearly conceived to "sex them up."

    Rumeur is one of my favorites of the vintage Lanvin feminines I've smelled: Arpège, My Sin, Pretexte, Rumeur, Scandal, and Crescendo. I'll see about contributing Rumeur to VSS3, as I bought my wife quite a bit of it, but, alas, she prefers Scandal.
    I find Rumeur in Extrait form to be one of the darkest fragrances I have ever smelled. Had JHL existed in Extrait form, there would have been some competition for Rumeur Extrait. On the positive side, Rumeur Extrait does have one of the best Ambergris notes.

  18. #618
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue WA
    Posts
    8,876
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Does it smell like...?
    Hot Girls in Love? Nope.
    Neither does it Take Me to the Top
    and it's definitely not Heaven in Your Eyes

    But I like it When it's Over.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

  19. #619
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    45,158

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    SOTE: Santal Imperial by Creed

    I wish I could've enjoyed this one more. Very little sandalwood compared to Bois de Santal.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Angélique Encens by Creed

  20. #620
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    45,158

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Chanel Pour Monsieur
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Angélique Encens by Creed

  21. #621

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Tradition View Post
    I find Rumeur in Extrait form to be one of the darkest fragrances I have ever smelled. Had JHL existed in Extrait form, there would have been some competition for Rumeur Extrait. On the positive side, Rumeur Extrait does have one of the best Ambergris notes.
    Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

    My vintage Lanvin favorites are Rumeur and Scandal, with My Sin at #3. I agree that vintage Rumeur is dark. It can be pretty harsh, and I really love it.

  22. #622
    Nerf Herder
    Reventon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    401

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    First foray into vintage today...

    Rive Gauche.jpg

  23. #623

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Tabarome

  24. #624
    Basenotes Plus

    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    East of Eden
    Posts
    6,193

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Doing a rare SOTE, just because I know how good it will smell in the morning, when I may just re-apply and postpone the morning shower to enjoy again.

    Parfum Sacre
    EDP by Caron (1990)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cook.bot; 28th January 2020 at 11:33 AM.

  25. #625
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    45,158

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by cologne connoisseur View Post
    Tabarome
    One of the best that Creed has to offer. Glad to have this in my collection of Creeds.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Angélique Encens by Creed

  26. #626
    Basenotes Plus
    Sisyphus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Arnhem
    Posts
    357

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Tradition View Post
    Eau de Cologne du Coq
    Does this age well in vintage form? I love Eau du Coq but deemed buying a vintage bottle to "risky" because it is so citrus centered.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nokia 6.1 met Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: New-York by Nicolaï

  27. #627
    Heaven's made of oakmoss
    Marand75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,093

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Moschino Pour Homme ('90).
    Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!
    Currently wearing: Quorum by Antonio Puig

  28. #628
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue WA
    Posts
    8,876
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    IMG_20190821_201457_032.jpg

    Claiborne Sport (1997)

    If you like a little Curve in your Eternity, this is for you. So easy-going it's hard to dislike from afar, but also gets a lot of hate from hobbyists for being too safe.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

  29. #629

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    IMG_20190821_201457_032.jpg

    Claiborne Sport (1997)

    If you like a little Curve in your Eternity, this is for you. So easy-going it's hard to dislike from afar, but also gets a lot of hate from hobbyists for being too safe.
    I wore this and CK’s Escape quite a bit during the spring/summer months while in grad school. Solid little fragrance that isn’t mind blowing which is exactly why I often gravitated to it... I’d put this on the same table top as a lager or Pilsner in the beer world... There are times when you want a bourbon barrel aged stout to chew on while there are other times when a crisp session beer is what fits the bill.
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

    Mother Teresa

  30. #630
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue WA
    Posts
    8,876
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    I wore this and CK’s Escape quite a bit during the spring/summer months while in grad school. Solid little fragrance that isn’t mind blowing which is exactly why I often gravitated to it... I’d put this on the same table top as a lager or Pilsner in the beer world... There are times when you want a bourbon barrel aged stout to chew on while there are other times when a crisp session beer is what fits the bill.
    That's actually a really good analogy. I often wear the "session beer" scents after shower, before bed, or on lazy weekends, while the "ales and stouts" get paraded to work, and the rare niche/discontinued unicorn "Belgian bottle-conditioned/tripel" fragrances see biannual/semiannual use. This is just what to wear when you don't want to be engaged by your fragrance beyond maybe a friendly hug.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil




Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vintage Fragrances I bought today - 2020
    By epapsiou in forum Vintage Perfume
    Replies: 725
    Last Post: Today, 10:31 PM
  2. Your Perfume Rotations in 2020
    By CuddleCat in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 1st February 2020, 10:47 AM
  3. Slumberhouse 2020
    By PlayDough in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12th January 2020, 08:51 AM
  4. S o t D, Tuesday, 17 August 2020
    By JaimeB in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 18th August 2010, 02:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000