Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
o
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: D&G The One EdP Intense cologne (new fragrance)

Glad to hear this is a nice release, I will be adding a bottle to my collection once I find it.

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Glad to hear this is a nice release, I will be adding a bottle to my collection once I find it.
    i don't find it to be bottle or even decant worthy, but it is nice. fits into a fresh floral-woody category so depends what else you have in that area.

Collistar Acqua Wood would be my choice over this.

if you guys wanted more i also recorded some video impressions on my YT page. curious to see how many hits you get being the first one on there:

I tested it yesterday, thinking that it was the parfum that I kept seeing listed in a certain signature on here, which I did find on an opposite sales table kind of thing, however it did not really convince me as in a way it seemed less round than the toilette, and what I then noticed was the Sarabande à multiple which said toilette, the parfum, the parfum intenso, this one and the only one were dancing. I watched for a while, thinking that something is not right. It would later eventually dawn on me that the intenso one is from another line. Aside from this, I actually was intrigued by the first and second spray that I placed on a paper strip tester. As much as a perfume store or department concept where standing in front of shelves and shelves of packages, where one is supposed to purchase something already, makes sense instead of there being a welcoming atmosphere with places to sit and experience fragrances perhaps making use of smaller samples refillable by the store, reconditionable if made necessary by the lack of care of visitors, and offering cabins to apply it as needed. I then decided that I needed more and so I added a good couple of sprays to the paper strip. In a short matter of hours, that is before it seems to have gone fleeting, it seems to have turned into something which reminded me of the unround and pungent cherry element in "L'Homme Idéal" that I do not like, so I would advise for caution. I write element consciously as said reference has a certain roughness, a black leather feeling and an overall blend, oh Guerrelaine, that I may always return to in some way. Though whenever I wear it, I am reminded of why I am conflicted about it and its progressive soupiness.
    Last edited by xaml; 1st February 2020 at 09:06 PM.

Wow! WOW! This one is absolute winner.
    It has nothing really common with the previous The one versions and at the same time it is different from the other mainstream fragrances.
    On my skin it smells of a sweet fruity black tea with bubble-gum in the dry down. Reminds me of some niche tea scents.
    Women will love this on men.
    Who's the perfumer?

20200203_184125.jpg
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    (...) it's a fresher take with more persistent woody aromachemicals. Relatively nose fatigueing (...) this has more personality.
    I happen to cherish intensity, in a meaningful and mindful context but that is not the topic here, however I still would assess intensity and personality separately, at least as much as reasonably possible.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    Reminds me of some niche tea scents.
    Forgive me but to me that veers towards hyperbole. As to be expected these days, unfortunately.

Wow! WOW! This one is absolute winner.
    It has nothing really common with the previous The one versions and at the same time it is different from the other mainstream fragrances.
    On my skin it smells of a sweet fruity black tea with bubble-gum in the dry down. Reminds me of some niche tea scents.
    Women will love this on men.
    Who's the perfumer?
    great take, definitely get some of this. likewise interested to know the nose is as this is a pretty unique one.

Got the information. This wonderful fragrance is created by Jacques Herault

Got the information. This wonderful fragrance is created by Jacques Herault
    Jean-Christophe Herault? he did one of the other The One flankers, I speculated it could be him in the video.

or is there another Herault?

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    Jean-Christophe Herault? he did one of the other The One flankers, I speculated it could be him in the video.

or is there another Herault?
    Him.

Him.

he's a master of blending, not surprised as this is so well put together.

They have it in Macys in their flagship store now. I got to sample 2 sprays on my arm, too early to make a judgement other then it is completely different then EDT or EDP, not sure why they did not come up with a brand new name instead of a flanker. So far I like it after 40 minutes of applying, smells very classy

Quote Originally Posted by kelvon View Post
    not sure why they did not come up with a brand new name instead of a flanker.
    because they gotta pump in extra money for the Marketing, the new bottle etc. It's cheaper to just utilize the same bottles that they've already made and name it the same. That's why it's easy for Mugler to pump out Pure craps and Ultra spams. They just change the colour of the bottle and tweak the formula more or less.

Sounds interesting.. not sure if good per say but guess will see.. I agree with the idea that if its so different why not just make it not a flanker. But I guess you gotta try to get a jump start on those sales so may as well ride off the originals high horse.. I still feel like like royal night the original should have been what they used as the EDP version, and again in the minority of people but EDT tends to smell better than EDP in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by kelvon View Post
    They have it in Macys in their flagship store now. I got to sample 2 sprays on my arm, too early to make a judgement other then it is completely different then EDT or EDP, not sure why they did not come up with a brand new name instead of a flanker. So far I like it after 40 minutes of applying, smells very classy
    I need to test it more, while I enjoyed it, was not a wow I need to have this. Longevity was like the original one EDT for me. It lasted 8 hours with 2 hours projection with soft sillage, and then became a skin scent for the remainder. I think side by side the one EDT still smells better to me but it is definitely different enough to own both.

I tried it and it's alright. The opening is very fruity and veers towards the sweeter end. There aren't many similarities with the original The One, but there is that round, cosy feel in the heart that links them together. I do kinda agree with the black tea comment above - it does have a dry aspect similar to tannin as it dries down.

It's very pleasant, but I still prefer the original.

Got around to trying it today.. Quite the let down. First impression was not impressed. Its quite dry and creamy and it certainly did not seem to be cutting through the air very well, although as late as it is tonight I can still smell it on my arm so longevity is fine. Considering how dry it is maybe winter isnt the best time to be trying to bring out its character.

Whatever the case nothing special to me off hand. Although I suppose more interesting than grey was last year.

This one Is really nice, so glad i just blind bought my bottle. It opens up with that initial blast of the one dna but it quickly morphes into this dark, sorta smokey ,sexy version of that dna...it just smells damn good while still being very unique and different for a designer mainstream frag. For the guys that dont feel that designers go outside the box ,this proves them wrong.

Now what I've noticed is you should go the extra steps to put a few extra sprays on, and it really beefs up the performance, I had it on pretty much all evening last night and this morning it's now a skin scent. But remember for many something that gets you thru the day or evening is plenty, people I feel raise the performance bar way to high , to ridiculous heights at times.

Overall I love this and it's a great sexy but daring in ways scent , it has some depth to it and that's what I really am loving. Its what I consider what a great flanker does, it has those subtle dna hints but does its own thing and I personally love it

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by The People's Champ View Post
    This one Is really nice, so glad i just blind bought my bottle. It opens up with that initial blast of the one dna but it quickly morphes into this dark, sorta smokey ,sexy version of that dna...it just smells damn good while still being very unique and different for a designer mainstream frag. For the guys that dont feel that designers go outside the box ,this proves them wrong.

Now what I've noticed is you should go the extra steps to put a few extra sprays on, and it really beefs up the performance, I had it on pretty much all evening last night and this morning it's now a skin scent. But remember for many something that gets you thru the day or evening is plenty, people I feel raise the performance bar way to high , to ridiculous heights at times.

Overall I love this and it's a great sexy but daring in ways scent , it has some depth to it and that's what I really am loving. Its what I consider what a great flanker does, it has those subtle dna hints but does its own thing and I personally love it
    Sounds like a nice experience, planning to get my nose on this soon.

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Sounds like a nice experience, planning to get my nose on this soon.
    Yea it might not be for everyone but for those who feel designers play it safe I believe this shows otherwise, it's a nice divergence from the original dna. I'm really happy with it, hopefully you'll like it

Hope this picks up some steam, it's a great release. Im happy to see Ashton liking it

I didn't see it yet in Croatia. I hope it'll be available, at least to test it.
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

Basenotes Junkie

Finally tested it yesterday. Saw it in airports a few times already over the past month, but no testers.
    It reminded me one of those Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - smelled like a sweet cherry. It was nice, but performance\projection are terrible. Couldn't smell it from a wrist distance and it was gone in something like 4 hours.