Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
o

Default 2020 - What is the ONE fragrance you most hope to add to your collection?

Just one...no runner ups. Which one fragrance would you like most to add to your collection before before the end of 2020?

I think a NIB Fahrenheit Parfum for me.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: 2020 - What is the ONE fragrance you most hope to add to your collection?

Too early to tell. But I'd like a BNIB 100ml spray of OG ritz Kouros. That'd be awesome.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: Oud Wood by Tom Ford

Nerf Herder

Default Re: 2020 - What is the ONE fragrance you most hope to add to your collection?

Rive Gauche Pour Homme (2003) in original black tin

Basenotes Plus

Probably a FB of vintage Patou pour Homme.
    Currently wearing: Jasmin Kâma by Rania J

Because I just began a new career position in mid-December and then followed through with my Christmas/NY’s holiday plans I suddenly find myself needing to re-prioritize things. As such, this means delaying some fragrance acquisitions in the first part of 2020 as much as attending to some other items that require updating/replacement.

So that which I had originally planned to reward myself with as a holiday gift - a new fragrance - has been placed on hold.

And what is it? - Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie

This one is special to me. So there will be no searching for a decant, it will be FB. In the meantime, I’ll keep nursing my sample. Oh, and of course make nice and charm the Creed counter for another. I suspect all BNers and fragrance enthusiasts alike have that in common: we’ve all evolved to be rather charming individuals at many things in life. Especially at fragrance counters (just be sure to be an occasional buyer!).
    Currently wearing: Au Hasard by Louis Vuitton

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Herbe Marine by Creed
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Definitely Tom Ford Beau De Jour. I also love the new presentation.
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Ombre Leather. My Tuscan Leather decant is getting low, and I'd rather just get a FB of OL than another decant of TL, since they're close enough.
    "To 'give style' to one's character-- a great and rare art!" - Nietzsche

"I got my own style; you put my shoes on, you wouldn't last a mile" - Mac Dre

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Too early to tell, but I'd like some serious ouds this year.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Clint by Avon

Basenotes Plus

La Parfumerie Moderne Annes Folles before the outfit goes defunct...though I sincerely hope not.
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

Tom Ford Beau de Jour, for me too

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Herbe Marine by Creed
    Creed Bois de Rhodes or Cuir Imperial come to mind.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    Probably a FB of vintage Patou pour Homme.

Be sure to try Patou Pour Homme Prive you might like it too.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Dior Eau Noire. Failing that, Caron Tabac Blond.
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Micallef Avant-Garde. It grows on me.

At least one French classic, not necessarily among the most expensive nor limited availability ones, as much as traditional in style and quite readily available.

Along the lines of (but still not necessarily limited to) at least one male Vermeil, Lalique, Bogart, Azzaro, Boucheron or something from similar notes, price, wearing versatility categories

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne Man View Post
    Dior Eau Noire. Failing that, Caron Tabac Blond.
    We got a fairly recent Tabac Blond (long ingredients list), and it has been good. It doesn't smell perfect or mindblowing like some old vintages can, but we've bonded with the bottle fairly easily. I'm impressed whenever I smell it.

I'm drawing a blank about what I might want to buy this year. I have nine items in my wish list, but I'm relaxed about not getting any of them. My leading contender is probably a backup of Chanel Cuir de Russie.

GIT

Just finished my third decant. Need to bit the bullet and buy it.

Blog Entries

Tuscan Leather Intense will be a must in 2020.
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator

I’d like to get a Roja Dove fresh type scent. No clue what that is. I love my new Enigma Cologne.
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

chad_721

Hermes Bel Ami for me.

All Is Beautiful

Old extraits or Parfums of the classic Guerlains
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Dependent

The one I didn't know I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I’d like to get a Roja Dove fresh type scent. No clue what that is. I love my new Enigma Cologne.
    I think you’d really enjoy Elysium Parfum (not the Parfum Cologne).

As for me, I’d like to add Dia Man or Journey.
    *My current wardrobe is up to date as of: 12/26/19*

Nothing on the radar right now.

Basenotes Plus

It hasn't been named or created yet, but just like last year, I'm sure I'll be excited for it's release when he does.
    Currently wearing: Musk Cologne by Bortnikoff

Xerjoff Mefisto
    "I'm sure there are things that you like that someone else here dislikes."
    papillo

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Creed Bois de Rhodes or Cuir Imperial come to mind.
    Don't think that's going to happen, nor is Herbe Marine for me.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Creed Royal Oud. More than I'd normally spend but I'm in love with my sample.