Code of Conduct

Default Odd Prada Online store return policy

I purchased a Prada L’homme directly from Prada online. When we received the product it was clear the juice wasn’t the same one we tried in the Prada store, it just smell a lot of alcohol and not much of the fragrance. Upon checking the batch code it was manufactured in Jan 2019, about a year ago.

So naturally, we assumed Prada, an international luxury brand would allow us to exchange for a newer bottle. Oddly, the rep says because we already opened it they cannot honor an exchange or refund and that they rotate stock on their fragrances every 3 years so even if we exchange we may end up with the same or even older bottle.

Is this common with other fragrance houses or did I just happen to get a old bottle from this company?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Odd Prada Online store return policy

I hadn't heard that before but wouldn't be surprised if that were the case regarding rotation. As for returning it, I'd say it's pretty standard that most luxury companies won't accept a fragrance return or exchange if it has been opened.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by masongap View Post
    Is this common with other fragrance houses or did I just happen to get a old bottle from this company?
    Honestly, a bottle that was manufactured one year ago is not very old at all. I'd consider that rather fresh stock.

My intent was the get the newest juice direct from the brand, didn’t exactly work out.

Did you state that you are returning the product because you suspect it's faulty and not under their "changed my mind" guarantee? Obviously the rules/laws are different in each country but I would have thought something like this (faulty product) is enough to accept it back.