Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
o

Default Re: Thoughts on Egoiste

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Sounds like it's time for you to try Versailles Pour Homme! Only similar in terms of being a vintage Oriental, but if you want complexity in your vintage Orientals, it's a must try.
    Thanks for that suggestion! I will definitely seek that out

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    A bit lost here - what's rare / mysterious about NCal's bottles?
    It was a joke. The box in the back right of the pic looks like its floating (I'm assuming it being held up by the cellophane wrap it is partially pulled out of that you can't really see)

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    I'm assuming it being held up by the cellophane wrap it is partially pulled out of that you can't really see
    Ah, I can see it now.

Freed from BN Institution

It was a joke. The box in the back right of the pic looks like its floating (I'm assuming it being held up by the cellophane wrap it is partially pulled out of that you can't really see)
    Bingo! I was going to say something but decided to wait until someone finally noticed.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Nobile by Gucci

Glad my first experience was with a vintage decant. Love at first sniff. Comforting and warm. An all-time favorite.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    How does it compare to your other bottle? There's a bit of a difference between the New York/Pairs and Paris only EDT bottles so it's possible that the London bottle might be slightly different as well.
    Good question. I've never thought to compare. I bought them both on a cruise ship during a family Christmas vacation. There's hardly anything left of the L'Egoiste bottle, but I'll try to compare sometime.
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

This thread should never be allowed to fall to page 2

My significant other isn't loving me in Egoiste at the moment, in particular Egoiste Concentree. I think the "mandarin" in concentree isn't working for her.

I find the opening of concentree to be grand. Fantastic. Here are the two notes lists from the Basenotes directory:

Egoiste edt
    Sicilian tangerine, Brazilian rosewood
    Coriander, Damask rose
    Sandalwood, Vanilla, Ambrette seed

Egoiste cologne concentree
    Mandarin
    Carnation, Damask rose, Cinnamon, Rosewood
    Sandalwood, Leather, Vanilla

Interesting how wood is listed as a top note in Egoiste, but not in Egoiste Concentree - that's how we're smelling it - Egoiste is woodier.

One note I find interesting is carnation, and I love seeing that listed for concentree - it's that kind of thing that spices up the opening, and whatever's being called leather.

I'd like to know of everyone's preference of Egoiste EDT to Egoiste Cologne Concentree and Bois Noir. How about the New York/Paris vs Paris only bottles? I really enjoy the New York/Paris bottles as it has stronger spicer opening vs the Paris only Egioste. At some point I'll showcase my collection of Egoiste.

Among the three my favorite is the Egoiste EDT. While they all have slight differences they all come to the same glorious sandalwood dry down at the end. The vintage (EDT above Chanel) is still quite affordable, definitely backup bottle worthy for the long term for daily wearing purposes.

I wouldn't mind having more Egoiste specifically the New York/Paris bottles, that juice is great stuff:

Attachment 116290

Attachment 116291
    Ah so this is good to know. My vintage 100ml spray bottle is quite different than my vintage 75ml splash bottle. The spray bottle is sweeter, more lush, with a very prominent rose. The splash is a tad more woody with less of a rose accord. I'd say it's even a bit brisk though nothing like the current formulation. My preference changes day to day.
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    Ah so this is good to know. My vintage 100ml spray bottle is quite different than my vintage 75ml splash bottle. The spray bottle is sweeter, more lush, with a very prominent rose. The splash is a tad more woody with less of a rose accord. I'd say it's even a bit brisk though nothing like the current formulation. My preference changes day to day.
    My 75ml Paris only bottle that I'm currently working has a much sweeter oriental feel, while my 50ml spray New York/Paris bottle has a spicer woody feel.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Nobile by Gucci

I think I'm in the minority, as I (slightly) prefer the Concentree, due to the cinnamon note being a bit toned down (compared to the EdT), and the delicious sandalwood being slightly amped up. Thats really the only noticeable concrete differences to my nose, but for whatever reason, ECC feels ever so slightly more opulent to me.
    Concentree has its fans. Veteran Basenoters Remik and Cytherian prefer the concentree. After reading their reviews, my expectations were maybe too high, but I love it.

I'm trying to focus on rose. My 75-ml splash is just about spent, but there's a partial 50-ml spray waiting in the wings.

E60D4F62-C471-440D-A9E0-5E5FD51B0C7B.jpg

My 75ml Paris only bottle that I'm currently working has a much sweeter oriental feel, while my 50ml spray New York/Paris bottle has a spicer woody feel.
    Ha! Exact opposite for me. My 100ml spray is dominated by a beautiful, dry rose accord in the opening and mids.
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed