Code of Conduct
o

Default Grandawood Oud Spirit Glory of the Pain

Dear friend

Some of you as experience users know what oud is but some does not because oud is relatively new in Australia. Quite often, if you go to a department store and ask a fragrance consultant what oud is, chances are they don't know. They have not even tried oud before and only heard of it.

For that, I would like to share something old but maybe new to you.

My name is Trent , I live in Brisbane Australia. Our family have been growing agarwood for 3 generations. 3 years ago, in 2017, we commissioned a perfumer Jonathon Midgley (he passed away around 3 years go not long helping us with our perfume). Michael Edwards, the eminent Australian fragrance expert and author of Fragrances of the World, has described Midgley as having “a conviction that leads to an individual signature”, and says that “his fragrances challenge your nose, like a fine wine”

Long story short, after several trials, we came up with a perfume with our own oud in it. We named it as "Oud Spirit- Glory of the Pain". As you know, agarwood is created around the wound of the Aquilaria tree. It is a scent of stress. Without the pain, there is no agarwood, the tree can be used for firewood at best. However, when there is agarwood, it becomes much more value. Hence the name "Glory of the Pain" was decided.

Why am I telling you this?

When I came to Australia, I witnessed many fragrant sales consultant could not describe what oud smell like. It was also difficult because words are difficult to describe unless the customers could smell it. So I decided to include an extra of 0.5ml of our own oud to go with the perfume with no extra charge. The purpose is to give you what oud smell like.

So with a skilled perfumer and a genuine oud, our perfume was crafted.

I know some of you are still on the fence because you don't know if you like it or not. So I make a small sample which only cost $5.50 AUD (Shipping included) for you to try before committing a bigger bottle.
    If you want to find out more, just visit here
    or here
    https://www.grandawood.com.au/produc...ry-of-the-pain
    Last edited by trent; 10th January 2020 at 10:01 AM.

Default Re: Grandawood Oud Spirit Glory of the Pain

Good to know about this Australian product. Thanks for the post.