Code of Conduct
o

Default Something comparable to Gucci by Gucci for men?

I have been reading on Basenotes for a very long time but never bothered to make an account. Today I did in the hope one of you can really help me out with this one.

One of my favorite scents ever has got to be the Gucci by Gucci line with the advertisements with James Franco. The smell really is divine, although the performance is horrible. Today this line is already discontinued. Does anyone know a fragrance thas resembles Gucci by Gucci? I love it so so soooo much.

I read almost nothing about this fragrance; I suppose it was never really popular which is a shame but understandable in regard to the lacking performance. I once read something from a guy saying Burberry London would be somewhat comparable, but I have never tried that one. I have never smelt anything remotely like Gucci by Gucci for men.

This is what the bottle looked like.

Default Re: Something comparable to Gucci by Gucci for men?

Not a 100%, but Gucci by Gucci PH shares the style, albeit not the character, with Givenchy Xeryus Rouge !

Basenotes Plus

I like Gucci by Gucci as well. I dont find London similar. London is more ambery, if that makes sense. Off the cuff id say to try Bottega Venetta Pour Homme.
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Not a 100%, but Gucci by Gucci PH shares the style, albeit not the character, with Givenchy Xeryus Rouge !
    I'd recommend Gucci Pour Homme as well.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    I dont find London similar.
    Nor do I
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    I'd recommend Gucci Pour Homme as well.
    ?

Gucci by Gucci pour homme is the scent Iím trying to find an alternative for?

Blog Entries

John Varvatos Vintage smells similar but it suffers from the same longevity issues. other than that, there is not much else. Itís a unique mix for a cypress frangrance.

The vintage versions of Gucci by Gucci were very long lasting, so if you see a used one come up for sale you may want to ask the seller for the batch code. I have a 2012 bottle that has great longevity and is one of my most complimented fragrances. I have tested the stuff that was available a couple of years later and I was quite shocked at how watered down it had become.
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator
    Currently wearing: The Aoud by Mancera

1. Ungaro Man is the closest one. About 70-80% of similarity.

2. Aventus. To my nose, they have something common in smokiness.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VincentGT View Post
    ?

Gucci by Gucci pour homme is the scent I’m trying to find an alternative for?
    Never mind this reply. It's just a grind post to boost post count of the user and isn't intended to deliver any substance. You learn to spot and ignore these in time.

To answer your question proper, you might like Kenneth Cole Signature for something woodier, or Mr. Burberry by Burberry for something a bit more in the juniper realm.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Blend 7 by Avon

Blog Entries

With the mention of Aventus, I remembered Micallef has a variation on Aventus that has the same smoky cypress note from Gucci by Gucci, it’s called Royal Vintage. Highly recommend.
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator
    Currently wearing: The Aoud by Mancera

I’ll check some of these suggestions out! Particularly interested in JV Vintage and Mr Burberry as these are very easy to get.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Never mind this reply. It's just a grind post to boost post count of the user and isn't intended to deliver any substance. You learn to spot and ignore these in time.

To answer your question proper, you might like Kenneth Cole Signature for something woodier, or Mr. Burberry by Burberry for something a bit more in the juniper realm.
    Never heard the term "grind post" before. It is apt.
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

This!! ^^^^

It is designed by Aurťlien Guichard: you might find something here: https://www.fragrantica.com/noses/Au..._Guichard.html

Thank you so much. I tried Mr. Burberry EDT yesterday and I LOVE it. It's not exactly the same, but to my nose it belongs to the same 'scent family'. What is it that I like so much about these? The wood? I don't find that many similarities in their note breakdown.

I have yet to try the Mr. Burberry EDP before deciding on buying the EDT or the EDP. I hope they will never discontinue this scent as Gucci did with Gucci by Gucci.

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    I like Gucci by Gucci as well. I dont find London similar. London is more ambery, if that makes sense. Off the cuff id say to try Bottega Venetta Pour Homme.
    I agree with Bottega Venetta Pour Homme, probably the closest in style that I can think of.

OP you can still stock up on Gucci by Gucci as it's sold at online discounters.

Dependent

Even if Gucci pour Homme is no longer produced, you can find it quite easily on line (eBay, Vinted, ...)