Code of Conduct
o

Default Perfume Research Questions. Please let me know your thoughts!

Hello friends,

I am working on some research regarding niche perfumes. I want to hear some of your thoughts!

1. Why do you wear perfumes? What do you like most about it?

2. What do you like least about perfumes?

3. Describe the perfect perfume for you.

4. Who important is a perfume brand? What you would buy a brand you are unfamiliar with?

Thank you so much for your response!

-Bopes

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Perfume Research Questions. Please let me know your thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by boperfume View Post
    Why do you wear perfumes? What do you like most about it?
    Because it completes me.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

1. I have been at this as a hobby for only about two years. I wear perfumes for myself. I have a very busy life, but I’m a hobbyist at heart. I don’t have time for live music, literature and film, so I found fragrance as a way to geek out while I go about my work and family obligations.
    2. $$$$
    3. There are a handful I’ve encountered that I consider perfect. There is no clear common thread between them all. I think it is just whatever speaks to you and brings you joy throughout the day to smell.
    4. Not very, yet I tend to be loyal to a handful of trusted brands. I seek quality, in composition and ingredients. Some brands you can just count on for both. That said, I’m new to this and always open to explore new brands.
    Last edited by Jcelello; 13th January 2020 at 12:14 AM.

Basenotes Plus

1. Why do you wear perfumes? What do you like most about it?
    I wear it just for me. Invokes memories and certain feelings. It can elevate my mood or sour it.

2. What do you like least about perfumes?
    That many are not offered in a smaller size for less money. I really like when I can get smaller sizes so I can afford it.

3. Describe the perfect perfume for you.
    Smells like my late grandmother's bathroom. Very cold, white hexagonal tiles, radiator heat with an air leak through the window bringing in the florals scent through. Cold cream, light rose and violets. Noxema.

4. Who important is a perfume brand? What you would buy a brand you are unfamiliar with?
    I have brands that I can general rely on to put out a good juice. I have purchased samples of houses I'm unfamiliar with and have been pleasantly surprised.
    Something something....something....

Avatar picture taken at Kew Gardens.

Quote Originally Posted by boperfume View Post
    Hello friends,

I am working on some research regarding niche perfumes. I want to hear some of your thoughts!

1. Why do you wear perfumes? What do you like most about it? I like wearing fragrances because it they add an interesting flourish to my physical space. I get to smell something good during the day and so do some of the people with whom I come in contact.

2. What do you like least about perfumes? When people put too much on and you're stuck in a small room or confined space with them.

3. Describe the perfect perfume for you. : Something fresh and light that still catches the air well and has something unique about it that isn't smelled very often.

4. Who important is a perfume brand? What you would buy a brand you are unfamiliar with? Brand is important to me, but I'm open to trying new brands.

Thank you so much for your response!

-Bopes

Answers in the quoted reply above.
    *My current wardrobe is up to date as of: 12/26/19*