Code of Conduct
o

Default Does new By Kilian refill require original bottle?

Hi guys,

I own Incense Oud in the old By Kilian refill format. With "old" I mean the one including the 50ml liquid, a travel size glass atomizer (of very high quality indeed) and a small funnel. Searching the web I have seen that the new refill format is different and seems designed to transfer the liquid into an original By Kilian bottle exclusively.

Does anyone know if the content of the refill can be transfer to a generic bottle or to old travel size atomizers like the one I own? This happens to be one of my favourite rose-oud combos (if not my favourite) and I am considering to get a backup since mine is almost finished. I would buy refill format because paying twice as much money for an original bottle of same capacity is just too much.

Thanks!!

Default Re: Does new By Kilian refill require original bottle?

Please could anybody answer this? It could be helpful to anybody planning to buy from this brand in refill format to save some money

Basenotes Plus

Have you tried calling the purveyor you bought your original Killian from and just asking them?

Consumer Care Tel No. ---- 0808 164 5842

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Have you tried calling the purveyor you bought your original Killian from and just asking them?
    No, I haven't tried yet. By posting here I am looking for a "less commercial" response based on your own experience. Imagine, the new refill might not be intended to be poured into a generic bottle/atomizer, BUT there might be a method to get it work and that is simple and safe enough (...I don't know) Furthermore, using the forum can help many others with the same doubts

I bought mine from By Kilian official website so, given the lack of responses, I will try to contact them and will post the conclusion here

Quote Originally Posted by aquarel View Post
    No, I haven't tried yet. By posting here I am looking for a "less commercial" response based on your own experience. Imagine, the new refill might not be intended to be poured into a generic bottle/atomizer, BUT there might be a method to get it work and that is simple and safe enough (...I don't know) Furthermore, using the forum can help many others with the same doubts

I bought mine from By Kilian official website so, given the lack of responses, I will try to contact them and will post the conclusion here
    Please post the results. I have the same question as well...... Musk Oud is one of my fav. I was going to get the refill as their prices for a bottle are quite expensive.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by aquarel View Post
    Hi guys,

I own Incense Oud in the old By Kilian refill format. With "old" I mean the one including the 50ml liquid, a travel size glass atomizer (of very high quality indeed) and a small funnel. Searching the web I have seen that the new refill format is different and seems designed to transfer the liquid into an original By Kilian bottle exclusively.

Does anyone know if the content of the refill can be transfer to a generic bottle or to old travel size atomizers like the one I own? This happens to be one of my favourite rose-oud combos (if not my favourite) and I am considering to get a backup since mine is almost finished. I would buy refill format because paying twice as much money for an original bottle of same capacity is just too much.

Thanks!!
    A quick e-bay return gave the instruction set and lots of photos for the new refill bottle. Rather slick device that makes a transfer into another bottle risk free for spillage purposes. Eliminates the need for a funnel or pipette. The threads on the original full presentation bottles are identical to those on the BK travel atomizers and the atomizer heads are interchangeable (just compared some of mine purchased several years ago). I think you are good to go with no risk. Just use your old travel size atomizer and then you can transfer the contents elsewhere if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by U2u View Post
    A quick e-bay return gave the instruction set and lots of photos for the new refill bottle. Rather slick device that makes a transfer into another bottle risk free for spillage purposes. Eliminates the need for a funnel or pipette. The threads on the original full presentation bottles are identical to those on the BK travel atomizers and the atomizer heads are interchangeable (just compared some of mine purchased several years ago). I think you are good to go with no risk. Just use your old travel size atomizer and then you can transfer the contents elsewhere if you wish.
    U2u, that's good news, thanks for your comment and for clarifying this point to me

In addition, today I received an e-mail from a Kilian commercial assistant confirming that new refills are compatible with all bottles and atomizers from the brand only, including the travel size atomizer of previous refill packaging (which is what I own).

As pointed out by U2u, the key is that Kilian bottles and atomizers have the same thread. I found a video which shows the new refill in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoDyX3_ByeI

second 00:29 shows how refill and bottle are coupled which means you won't be able to use third-party bottles

You can attach an atomizer to the refil bottle.
    "True change is within; leave the outside as it is."
    Dalai Lama
    Currently wearing: Chinatown by Bond No. 9

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    You can attach an atomizer to the refil bottle.
    I see... I don't know if other brands are selling refills in this way, but the idea behind the new packaging seems very well implemented. It is not only practical from user viewpoint but (probably) also very good for commercial purposes. The drawback is that refills and official atomizers are not certainly cheap... but we all know BK is not a cheap brand