Code of Conduct
o

Default Buying from Amazon ?

So, I know that there are a lot of fakes on amazon, but I have a question when sellers have their profile (see the pictures/link at the end) are those actual brands amazon stores or is this not a way of assuring myself that those will not be a knock-off?

Click on the "joop!" https://www.amazon.de/Joop-Homme-Wil...BK4REKX58CNAHT

Same with the "HB" https://www.amazon.de/Hugo-Boss-Bott...ywords=hugo+boAttachment 116777ss+bottle&qid=1579116875&s=beauty&sr=1-1Attachment 116777DavidoffBasenote.jpg

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Buying from Amazon ?

I would use fragrancenet, maxaroma, fragrancex personally your not saving much if at all any by going through Amazon and gambling non authentic product. I buy from Amazon for shoes clothing etc, but they wouldnít be my choice for fragrances a lot of horror stories with other people lol.

I agree with speckman. Ebay is more dependable than Amazon, IMO.
    But stick with reputable discount sites. Amazon wouldn't really save you much anyway.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Basenotes Plus

Id buy something like Jovan Musk or Axe body spray from Amazon without much worry. I have never seen a price that would really make Amazon a first choice. I think the theory would be that if you can find something "Sold and shipped by Amazon" it should be from Amazon and not a third party. I literally never look there, because I see no need. Fragranceex, Fragrancenet, Maxaroma, and Ebay sellers with 99% over 10,000 sales are the way to go. Skip it, man. Just say no.
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    I would use fragrancenet, maxaroma, fragrancex
    Much better.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    I would use fragrancenet, maxaroma, fragrancex
    I would love to buy from maxaroma especially for their decants/testers/samples whatever, yet they take 45$ + 99c /item for shipping to my country, imo WAY to much

Basenotes Junkie

Bought a few fragrances on amazon.de from third party sellers - they were legit

Freed from BN Institution

I've never used Amazon to purchase fragrances.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

[QUOTE=notspendingamillion;4804703 eBay sellers with 99% over 10,000 sales are the way to g.[/QUOTE]

Why did you point out the 10.000 sales? What should I do if I find an offer by a seller that has maybe 100 reviews but 99.X% on those?
    Kinda feels like "I'm on the search for my first job, you need at least three years of experience" kind of situation (It's a meme if you don't know/understand this)

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatann View Post
    Why did you point out the 10.000 sales? What should I do if I find an offer by a seller that has maybe 100 reviews but 99.X% on those?
    Kinda feels like "I'm on the search for my first job, you need at least three years of experience" kind of situation (It's a meme if you don't know/understand this)
    That is just my personal number. You can purchase from someone with 0 sales and receive a legit fragrance. But with the enormous amount of counterfeit fragrances it is always a gamble to buy from ebay. If you do not feel like you will be able to properly identify if it is a fake vs real once you receive it, or are just not willing to take the gamble, I'd just skip ebay all together. If you told me I'd have to never buy from anything besides fragrancenet anymore I could be content with that.
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

I would never buy a cologne/perfume from Amazon. Off topic, something else about amazon I recently found out.A lot of the reviews are phony. There are people that actually get paid to write reviews for all types of things.

Missing Oakmoss

Amazon has morphed into a sketchy entity over the years. Buying from Amazon used to be safe, as long as the phrase "ships from and sold by Amazon" appeared under the price listing; but now that blurb has expanded to include third-party sellers operating under Amazon's banner. Books sold as new frequently arrive with scuffed covers separating at the corners, stained pages, and even highlights and margin notes. I don't think I'd ever buy a perfume from Amazon now, no matter who the seller claims to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    Amazon has morphed into a sketchy entity over the years. Buying from Amazon used to be safe, as long as the phrase "ships from and sold by Amazon" appeared under the price listing; but now that blurb has expanded to include third-party sellers operating under Amazon's banner..
    I did not know that. I have always for some reason tried to avoid Amazon in general,and this just gives me more reason to. I miss the old paper catalogs( before the internet became popular). Much better than Amazon and online shopping in general.

Dependent

Although Amazon would not be my first port of call by any means and there are numerous other online retailers that I would (and do) go to instead, I have bought fragrance twice through from Amazon. One was a TF I got for half price. I did undertake one or two checks first, though. I think as long as you are sensible and judicious, it can be fine buying through Amazon. Both fragrances are legitimate, were NIB and smell great, by the way.

Missing Oakmoss

Amazon has gotten so big and they've swallowed up so many stores and sellers, I don't think they keep track of things (or care as much about quality) as was the case 4-5 years ago. Customer service is still good, but there's more of a need for it. I mainly use Amazon for household supplies these days, though in the past it was a reliable alternative to sites like FragranceX.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    Amazon has gotten so big and they've swallowed up so many stores and sellers, I don't think they keep track of things (or care as much about quality) as was the case 4-5 years ago. Customer service is still good, but there's more of a need for it. I mainly use Amazon for household supplies these days, though in the past it was a reliable alternative to sites like FragranceX.
    +1 they are huge and keep growing their convenience and way of doing business has changed the world in a lot of ways. You can basically find everything you could need on Amazon and get it in 2 days that’s impressive. Retail actual stores even big companies are slowly closing up as the online world continues to grow who knows what things will be like 10+ years from now!

For me, it's too risky. There's a lot of junk on Amazon for sale and none of it is monitored. It's almost as bad as shopping on Wish nowadays.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."