Code of Conduct
o

Default Re: Acqua Di Parma packaging? plastic wrap?

Though I don't own this I do know that the box style and is correct for ADP Oud. Colonia Oud comes in the brown box with the silk inside and this black bottle comes in cylindrical packaging. The plastic wrapper however is usually more uniform around the edges and just about overhangs on edges and can sometimes even slide off. Yours might of course look irregular like that due to handling. The presentation itself and labelling seems legit to me. Have you smelled the original and compared it with this one?

No nothing to compare it to unfortunately...
    My issues are the plastic?
    Atomizer cap was a twist off literally a few weeks back when I was in store, this one is not
    And the atomizer spraying on first spritz... (vs a blank, half blank, and then spraying)

Hmm, the atomizer spraying first time is strange, unless ADP's are supposed to do that but I've never had an ADP to use straight out of the box. If it helps though, I managed to find a picture of someone elses Oud via google search:

See how its very uniform around the edges, keeping roughly the same width on the edges of the bottom of the plastic packaging. I'm sure I have seen some that do slide off though without peeling at the tab.

Did you buy it from ebay or an online discounter? In fairness I have seen quite a few ADP's here in England at department stores heavily discounted around Christmas and alot of them were in the brown/black bottle range, so it could very well be legit.

Hopefully someone else with more experience with this house can help

Lol I may screwed, I stay away from ebay, but ya discounter theperfumespot.com

Ya that plastic on mine is just so out of place for a quality fragrance....

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

My feeling is that it was rough handling. My bet is that you are OK.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Rough handling could be, but to me that looks like the saran wrap you get your croissant in, not some classy fragrance from Italy

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaStubs.com View Post
    Lol I may screwed, I stay away from ebay, but ya discounter theperfumespot.com

Ya that plastic on mine is just so out of place for a quality fragrance....
    In fairness it could be due to poor handling, maybe that's why it was discounted? I had a look at their reviews on other sites and it seems some other people have had issues with either packaging or some even claiming the fragrance is fake

https://www.resellerratings.com/store/The_Perfume_Spot

Their facebook page has a great rating and good comments about them though. To me everything on yours seems legit aside from the plastic wrapping which can get warped with handling. How does it perform because it's supposed to be quite long lasting.

I think it's genuine personally because I believe this came out less than a year ago and doubt there will be a perfect fake of this floating around already.

Ya I saw the strong one star ratings on multiple sites after I got it...
    And I don't know though how hard nice professional plastic wrapper with tab or without, goes to some subpar seran wrap, I'd say at minimum someone sprayed a bit, and resealed with the seran wrap...
    I don't have another to compare against, and haven't smelled it in about 6 weeks, but this does smell damn good in my opinion!

I'd say if it smells good to you then that's what matters. I can believe that it may have been an open return, maybe someone sprayed it once, seller then repackaged it with their seran wrap and resold it - hence why as you said it sprayed first time right out of the box. I know there are tons of ADP fakes, but this newer 2019 black bottle is a newer release that I don't think there are any fakes of at this moment.

Like HSK, I think a likely explanation is that this was a return or something people tried and didn't like, and then the reseller put around another shrinkwrap, which was not as polished as the one the manufacturer would have used. But as usual what matters is that the perfume inside is good.

Fakes seem very unlikely for this particular perfume-this is not a high sale mainstream perfume.

cacio