Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Wow Dior Homme 2020!

I think people are overreacting here, just like they did with Sauvage (which, imho, gave quite a statement considering you could instantly tell what fragrance it was if you smelled it on the street).

Is it overpriced? Yes
    Is it bland? Quite so
    Is it badly blended? Certainly not
    Is it cheap-smelling? Certainly not
    Is it even close to the original? Absolutely not

In my opinion it's a decent, safe but overpriced scent, nothing more, nothing less. What I'm amazed, however, is the number of people saying stuff like "this smells like 10$ drugstore fragrances, IT IS TERRIBLE". No, it does not and I can name you at least a dozen niche 200$+ fragrances that use aromachemicals such as IES and Cashmeran in a much clumsier manner.

Quote Originally Posted by FragrA(nce)ddict View Post
    I can name you at least a dozen niche 200$+ fragrances that use aromachemicals such as IES and Cashmeran in a much clumsier manner.
    Go ahead.
    My opinions in weblog form: FragranceReviewer.com
    Fragrance Sales: eBay Store

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    Go ahead.
    Most Bond No 5 & Frederic Malle follow this pattern, at least from what I sampled or tested. I am not saying they are bad creations per se, just that the *starlight* aromachemicals are clumsily used. In this regard, I have always found Diors and Chanels very good in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by FragrA(nce)ddict View Post
    I think people are overreacting here, just like they did with Sauvage (which, imho, gave quite a statement considering you could instantly tell what fragrance it was if you smelled it on the street).

Is it overpriced? Yes
    Is it bland? Quite so
    Is it badly blended? Certainly not
    Is it cheap-smelling? Certainly not
    Is it even close to the original? Absolutely not

In my opinion it's a decent, safe but overpriced scent, nothing more, nothing less. What I'm amazed, however, is the number of people saying stuff like "this smells like 10$ drugstore fragrances, IT IS TERRIBLE". No, it does not and I can name you at least a dozen niche 200$+ fragrances that use aromachemicals such as IES and Cashmeran in a much clumsier manner.
    Well just to add to this, I also find some of the comments regarding the type of individual they say would wear this to look a bit desperate in tryin to make a point imo its fine for people to hate a fragrance but to take it to levels of subtle underlying insults as to who might enjoy something is totally unwarranted.

I gotta be honest, I've enjoyed fragrances for a long time but only recently got around the community and wow I'm blown away by what I see, never expected it over something like a simple fragrance. But I agree with the post, I think some of the posts are so over the top in their opinion it's hard to take them serious

Quote Originally Posted by The People's Champ View Post
    I think some of the posts are so over the top in their opinion it's hard to take them serious
    Some opinions are stronger than others.
    My opinions in weblog form: FragranceReviewer.com
    Fragrance Sales: eBay Store

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The People's Champ View Post
    Well just to add to this, I also find some of the comments regarding the type of individual they say would wear this to look a bit desperate in tryin to make a point imo its fine for people to hate a fragrance but to take it to levels of subtle underlying insults as to who might enjoy something is totally unwarranted.
    I'm generally not a fan of being painted into a corner either but as a counterpoint, some of the regulars around here have a satirical sense of humor and don't actually mean "if you like X fragrance you're an invalid/terrible person not to be liked or trusted". They're just painting little pictures of "typical user of X" in the same way you might joke about the typical Walmart shopper etc. Gotta laugh and roll with it. Anyone who does mean what they say maliciously is just way too emotionally invested and probably just needs cooldown time, or can be temporarily added to an ignore list failing that.

Tl;dr escape the fires you can't put out.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    Some opinions are stronger than others.
    Fragrance One: Opinion for Men (Sorry couldn't resist. Mega-beam me later if you wish).
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

Blog Entries

I did manage to test this a couple of days ago and thought it was a very competent release, I have no problem smelling this off someone else and enjoying it. For myself, I prefer Chanel Bleu EDP if I am going to do this neo-classic fresh woody style.
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator

I was testing this for the first time today, and to me it was not good. I felt slightly nauseated after testing. There is something strange in there to my nose. I was expecting it to be an easy going office type scent, but far from it. To me this will probably be the worst release of 2020.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    One thing is for sure: this junk may be soft but it is definitely LONG LASTING. The fresh opening fades fast, but the generic baloney calogney smell of the base lasts for ages.
    I
    Haha yep the baloney cologney smell definitely sticks around
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator

I'm wearing this again for the first time in over a month. I'll stay with my original assessment:

It smells like Guerlain Homme without the lime. Very pleasant office safe daily driver. Nothing really wrong with it. Just not that special.

everyday i'm samplin'

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I'm wearing this again for the first time in over a month. I'll stay with my original assessment:

It smells like Guerlain Homme without the lime. Very pleasant office safe daily driver. Nothing really wrong with it. Just not that special.
    I decided to give it another go. Its fine.
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

You like it.
    *My current wardrobe is up to date as of: 12/26/19*

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    You like it.
    Like? Yeah. Love? No.

I think that dry down is really nice. Honestly most fragrances that I love and like are just great smelling, there's nothing that makes me just be a walking orgasm of smell as I wear it ,just things I like and dont like. If someone has some major need for frags to get insanely different then yea it wont suit,but if you want to smell good for any occasion its great, but the dry down is really nice imo

Nothing really wrong with it. Just not that special.
    Right. As has been said before: it's boring.

I just don't have room for nor do I want to spend money on boring.