Code of Conduct
o

Default Anyone tried Fir Balsam by Franck Boclet?

Since I'm a major conifer collector I wanted to smell Fir Balsam by Franck Boclet. I haven't seen many reviews about this one and zero on Basenotes, but was hoping for some further input. Most people who have commented on it said it's very sweet. I'm more interested in the fir note and wondered if anyone felt like this was a conifer centric fragrance or more floral as it has quite a few different notes listed. Any thoughts by those who've worn this would be appreciated...thank you!
    Last edited by Scent Detective; 19th January 2020 at 09:59 PM.
    Currently wearing: Bosc by Bravanariz

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Anyone tried Fir Balsam by Franck Boclet?

I own this one as I do every Franck Boclet release. Happen to love this one. Don't find it floral at all or particularly sweet. It's spicy and coniferous to me but may not be as coniferous as you like.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I own this one as I do every Franck Boclet release. Happen to love this one. Don't find it floral at all or particularly sweet. It's spicy and coniferous to me but may not be as coniferous as you like.
    I am definitely a conifer head...but I like the fact that you don't find it too sweet. Thanks so much for the feedback Hedinic! I really appreciate it. I'm looking at this one, the Boclet Tobacco and possibly the Absinthe as well.

Anyone else have any experience with Franck Boclet Fir Balsam they'd like to share?

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Scent Detective View Post
    I am definitely a conifer head...but I like the fact that you don't find it too sweet. Thanks so much for the feedback Hedinic! I really appreciate it. I'm looking at this one, the Boclet Tobacco and possibly the Absinthe as well.

Anyone else have any experience with Franck Boclet Fir Balsam they'd like to share?
    I own three FB products including Fir Balsam along with Tobacco and Ashes. I am also something of a conifer fan and suggest you go for it. Add Tobacco and you will have two excellent scents that are well composed solid performers. Well worth the cost of entry.
    Currently wearing: Crop 2018 by House of Oud

Quote Originally Posted by U2u View Post
    I own three FB products including Fir Balsam along with Tobacco and Ashes. I am also something of a conifer fan and suggest you go for it. Add Tobacco and you will have two excellent scents that are well composed solid performers. Well worth the cost of entry.
    Thanks so much for the input! I'm seriously considering both Fir Balsam and Tobacco...

Thanks so much for the input! I'm seriously considering both Fir Balsam and Tobacco...
    Did you ever get your nose on Fir Balsam? Would love to know if it met your liking enough to join the "big list" of recommended coniferous scents...
    Currently wearing: Sir Winston by Bortnikoff

Basenotes Plus

I didn't like it. I found it too sweet and not 'conifer' enough for me.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by Oud Dude View Post
    Did you ever get your nose on Fir Balsam? Would love to know if it met your liking enough to join the "big list" of recommended coniferous scents...
    I wore Fir Balsam yesterday. It does have a sweet aspect to it I would say. There are aspects of this fragrance that remind me slightly of Vert d' Encens by Tom Ford but whereas the VdE has a sweetness from heliotrope, FB has sweetness from red berries, rose, and vanilla. I actually do like this one, but it's not a fragrance I would add to the "big list" of recommended coniferous scents. Vert d' Encens has a more coniferous presence than Fir Balsam does in my opinion so I don't consider FB a full on conifer fragrance. It is nice though.

I wore Fir Balsam yesterday. It does have a sweet aspect to it I would say. There are aspects of this fragrance that remind me slightly of Vert d' Encens by Tom Ford but whereas the VdE has a sweetness from heliotrope, FB has sweetness from red berries, rose, and vanilla. I actually do like this one, but it's not a fragrance I would add to the "big list" of recommended coniferous scents. Vert d' Encens has a more coniferous presence than Fir Balsam does in my opinion so I don't consider FB a full on conifer fragrance. It is nice though.
    This is exactly what I was wondering. I'm a huge fan of Vert d'Encens so I was hoping that Fir Balsam was somewhat of a variation on that same theme. Interesting that so many say it's not as coniferous as the name would/should imply... Still sounds intriguing enough to track down a sample. Thanks guys.
    Currently wearing: Sir Winston by Bortnikoff