Code of Conduct
o
    Dependent

Default Beautytheshop.com, anyone have experience with them?

While searching for some fragrances I came across Beautytheshop.com. Their prices seem to be competitive with Fragrancenet and other USA discount sellers and have the best price on what I was looking for. The reviews for the company are split pretty evenly between excellent/great ratings and poor/bad ratings. Usually when I see a lot of poor ratings I move on, but with slightly more positive ratings than poor ratings I was hoping people here have experience with them.
    Currently wearing: Zino Davidoff by Davidoff

Default Re: Beautytheshop.com, anyone have experience with them?

I was in your boat recently. They seem to have sprung up out nowhere recently (at least in regards to Google searches) which is a bit worrying. I looked into them a bit more though and they're actually the online front for a chain of physical shops in Spain which is reassuring..... however I take their claim to be official retailers for all their brands with a pinch of salt! In the end I bought a bottle of PdM Kalan from them. What swung it in the end was that while theirs was the lowest price I could find for it, it wasn't ridiculously low either, plus a lot of their prices aren't especially competitive. Shipping was pretty quick (less than a week to Ireland IIRC). I hadn't sampled Kalan previously but I'd be 99% sure what I was sent was genuine. Smelled like the descriptions and, more importantly, the bottle and packaging was exactly the same (aside from colour, name, etc) as the several other PdM bottles I've had - if it's fake, it's a hell of a good one!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Drzava View Post
    They seem to have sprung up out nowhere recently (at least in regards to Google searches) which is a bit worrying. I looked into them a bit more though and they're actually the online front for a chain of physical shops in Spain which is reassuring
    If I'm not mistaken they show a contact phone number and address out of Miami.

BeautyTheShop, 7950 NW 53rd Street Suite 337 Miami, Florida 33166 Phone Number : (786) 228-5882 - Phone line from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Eastern Time)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Ah OK, must just be for the US site. EU is Spain (although that's not obvious on their various country sites).

Dependent

Thanks for the replies. If I decide to order from them I'll report by my experience.
    Currently wearing: Zino Davidoff by Davidoff