o

Exclamation NEW - Givenchy Gentleman Eau de Parfum Boisee

A new one from Givenchy - Gentleman Eau de Parfum Boisee
    Spot it on Fragrantica.

Top notes: black pepper, coriander, geranium
    Middle notes: iris, cedarwood, cacao
    Base notes: sandalwood, patchouli, burning wood

Wow! Just WOW! Looks great.
    If anyone has the opportunity to test it, please share your thoughts.

Givenchy Gentleman Eau de Parfum Boisee.jpg
    Currently wearing: JaÔpur Homme by Boucheron

Default Re: NEW - Givenchy Gentleman Eau de Parfum Boisee

I hope this one is good. Givenchy has some great fragrances but hasn't been too exciting in recent years. I'll be interested to read more about this one. I noticed that the bottle says Gentleman Givenchy not Givenchy Gentleman, though. Since those are two different fragrances, I suppose this is somehow connected to the more recent one (Gentleman Givenchy). I don't know why they have to make their names so absurdly similar and confusing to absolutely everybody.

I like the Gentleman Cologne and I like the Gentlemen Only Absolute.
    And dislike the Gentleman Eau de Parfum.

Will give this a try for sure.
    Givenchy is a good brand these days when it comes to designer fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    I like the Gentleman Cologne and I like the Gentlemen Only Absolute.
    And dislike the Gentleman Eau de Parfum.

Will give this a try for sure.
    Givenchy is a good brand these days when it comes to designer fragrances.
    Interesting to see someone else dislike the Gentleman EDP.
    Personally, I like the intention, but I feel like the execution is lacking for whatever reason and I can't put my finger on it why.

This certainly looks interesting: the lack of vanilla is certainly for the better, I think it was really poorly done in the Gentleman EDP

Quote Originally Posted by FragrA(nce)ddict View Post
    Interesting to see someone else dislike the Gentleman EDP.
    Personally, I like the intention, but I feel like the execution is lacking for whatever reason and I can't put my finger on it why.
    Yes I know.
    I'm myself curious about it.
    Everyone seems to like it or even love it.
    I enjoy DHI and VUI - but I really can't stand the Gentleman EdP.

I've tried it several times (even different original samples to make sure that I haven't got a "bad" one) and it smells disgusting to me. It has such a weird smell.
    I haven't tried to find out what exactly causes this. I will think about it if I try it once more - though after 4 or 5 full wearings I'm sure I won't change my mind about it.

Yes I know.

I've tried it several times (even different original samples to make sure that I haven't got a "bad" one) and it smells disgusting to me. It has such a weird smell.
    I haven't tried to find out what exactly causes this. I will think about it if I try it once more - though after 4 or 5 full wearings I'm sure I won't change my mind about it.
    I just think DHI and VUI are much better blended and the sweet notes are better balanced.

The notes look intriguing. Looking forward to trying. I love Gentlemen Only Absolute as well.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Looking forward to picking this up in the near future.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Iris and cocoa with no tonka or vanilla.
    I hope it doesn't contain one of the harsh and annoying molecules.
    Currently wearing: JaÔpur Homme by Boucheron

Some of the same notes as Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord... let's hope it's not a mess like that scent ended.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Some of the same notes as Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord... let's hope it's not a mess like that scent ended.
    Dude the scent is fn amazing! Especially Private Accord and Absolute, I honestly feel they are so underrated its criminal.

This new givenchy sounds great ,easy blind buy

Quote Originally Posted by The People's Champ View Post
    Dude the scent is fn amazing! Especially Private Accord and Absolute, I honestly feel they are so underrated its criminal.

I've been hearing some good things about The Scent Absolute...maybe it's time to check it out.

As for this one, well, the Gentleman EDP is a very good fragrance albeit a familiar one, and the notes in this sound really interesting. I think there's potential here and agree, it might be worth a blind buy.
    *My current wardrobe is up to date as of: 12/26/19*

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I've been hearing some good things about The Scent Absolute...maybe it's time to check it out.
    I like The Scent Absolute much better than Private Accord. For me it's the best of the line.

This is available now at Sephora in France: https://www.sephora.fr/p/gentleman--...-P3960093.html
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    This is available now at Sephora in France: https://www.sephora.fr/p/gentleman--...-P3960093.html
    Thanks, hednic. I just spent the last 15 minutes looking for it and couldn't find it anywhere.

Sephora France doesn't ship to the U.S., do they?
    *My current wardrobe is up to date as of: 12/26/19*

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Thanks, hednic. I just spent the last 15 minutes looking for it and couldn't find it anywhere.

Sephora France doesn't ship to the U.S., do they?
    No they don't. I have asked a business associate in Paris to go to the store tomorrow, pick it up and send it to me.

The notes sound great, the bottle looks amazing...I really hope it smells as good as it looks and sounds...! (Fingers and toes crossed!)

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    No they don't. I have asked a business associate in Paris to go to the store tomorrow, pick it up and send it to me.
    You worldly people have all the good connections.

I own The Scent Parfum Edition, almost purchased Absolute. But Private Accord was just... not my cup of tea. I saw some reviews that compared it to Tootsie Rolls... that's where I draw the line.

But you know what? You're right. This scent sounds good... will test when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    I own The Scent Parfum Edition, almost purchased Absolute. But Private Accord was just... not my cup of tea. I saw some reviews that compared it to Tootsie Rolls... that's where I draw the line.

But you know what? You're right. This scent sounds good... will test when I get a chance.
    The parfum is also on my favorites list , that leather opening is just to damn nice ,I love it.

And I mean I personally dont get tootsie roll from private accord, it's not a chocolate gourmand or anything. I get more of that gorgeous coffee note mixed with a little chocolate that does down into the scent DNA with excellent longevity and performance. Did you try Private Accord or were you reading about it?

I think the whole line is just different, masculine, interesting, and totally unlike anything out there ...I have a few hundred bottles and nothing smells like them so its why I just love the whole line. Intense has its place as well if coffee and chocolate notes dont hit it, intense is really nice and one I use plenty

Basenotes Plus

Wow. That really looks good. Im really looking forward to that. Ive been wanting another Givenchy, as i like the new bottle style, but the fragrances so far havent won me. I hope we dont get an Absolu Instinct fiasco with honking ACs dominating the composition.
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

Basenotes Plus

Should be good, I will definitely smell it when available!

The parfum is also on my favorites list , that leather opening is just to damn nice ,I love it.

And I mean I personally dont get tootsie roll from private accord, it's not a chocolate gourmand or anything. I get more of that gorgeous coffee note mixed with a little chocolate that does down into the scent DNA with excellent longevity and performance. Did you try Private Accord or were you reading about it?

I think the whole line is just different, masculine, interesting, and totally unlike anything out there ...I have a few hundred bottles and nothing smells like them so its why I just love the whole line. Intense has its place as well if coffee and chocolate notes dont hit it, intense is really nice and one I use plenty
    I tried it on skin. Was not a fan.

Yes I know.

Agree, there is something nauseating about it and there is this stale playdoh aspect to it which I also find repulsive

Yes I know.

Me too! I ADORE VUI, DHI and Hate Givenchy Gentleman EDP
    Top 10 Seasonal Favorites - Fall 2019:
    Roja Creation E Parfum (Enigma)
    Roja Sweetie Aoud
    Roja F&M the Exclusive Perfume
    Roja Fetish
    Xerjoff Alexandria Orientale
    Xerjoff Naxos
    Xerjoff Uden Overdose
    Initio - Rehab
    Parfums de Marly Herod
    Dior Homme Parfum

Olivier Cresp, Nathalie Lorson are the perfumers.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    Olivier Cresp, Nathalie Lorson are the perfumers.
    Same Firmench duo from the EDP and others. Looks like Lorson did some Bentleys, and Cresp did Black Opium. Ive heard of both, but I don't really have an overarching opinion on either. I'm only starting to get a feel for any perfumers, as it was not something I was used to looking at.
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

Tried this today. To my nose this is a typical tonka heavy mainstream frag with a pear fruitiness of the regular Genteman. Nothing spectacular.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    Tried this today. To my nose this is a typical tonka heavy mainstream frag with a pear fruitiness of the regular Genteman. Nothing spectacular.
    Ah man. I was specifically happy this had no tonka or fruits. That makes it gourmandy, and a pass. Dang. I was pulling for you, Givenchy!

I could never just pass based on what folks say when I'm interested in something, but that's just me . So many times I see some so quickly dismiss a frag just for it to be totally awesome when I try it