Code of Conduct
o

Default osmanthus ,any recommend?

i own hermes osmanthe yunnan .
    what is you opinion about ADP osmanthus, clive christian osmanthus absolute oil?
    an other osmanthus?

Default Re: osmanthus ,any recommend?

I tried the ADP and enjoyed it, it's a clean osmanthus. But a bit simple, it doesn't have the (hidden) complexity of Osmanthe Yunnan (which highlights some notes, like the tea-like, slightly leathery one). I have not tried the clive christian.

Among other osmanthuses, I'm singling out the intense, tropical Auphorie Miyako (which, as far as osmanthuses go, it's at the opposite end of the spectrum relative to the hermes).

cacio

My favorite osmanthus fragrance is Perris Montecarlo Absolute d'Osmanthe Extrait.

Auphorie Miyako is another interesting one, with a big, rugged leather note and an osmanthus that shows its various facets as it develops--from the more floral side to the very fruit, apricot-like sweet dimension. I don't love it, and I wouldn't wear it myself, but it's interesting. And Luca Turin gave it 5 stars, so...there's that.

Of the three you mentioned, I've only tried Osmanthe Yunnan (which I found frustratingly weak).
    *My current wardrobe is up to date as of: 12/26/19*

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Josefm View Post
    what is you opinion about clive christian osmanthus absolute oil?
    I own and love the Hermes but it can't compare with the Clive Christian which I also own and is simply leagues better IMO. Also almost ten thousand dollars more expensive. If it's in your budget, well worth it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

ok, now i saw the price.
    it's not even close to my budget.

Haven't smelled many, but loved a sample of Osmanthus Noble from Exaltatum.

"My favorite osmanthus fragrance is Perris Montecarlo Absolute d'Osmanthe Extrait"

This is a beautiful scent but a major player--Guilin on a high pollen count day. Amarige in a Cheongsam. I feel that most Osmanthus leans too feminine for me to wear although a SA at the Hermes on Rodeo Dr. once told me that their Osmanthe Yunnan is best when layered with Poivre Samarcande or Vetiver Tonka--or more masculine, anyway.....
    Very clearly a case for corn flakes and classics

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Josefm View Post
    an other osmanthus?
    Patou 1000

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I own and love the Hermes but it can't compare with the Clive Christian which I also own and is simply leagues better IMO. Also almost ten thousand dollars more expensive. If it's in your budget, well worth it.
    Hednic, among those in a lower economic echelon, have you worn Atelier Cologne Love Osmanthus yet? How does it rate?

The only osmanthus I’m really familiar with is Serge Lutens Nuit de Cellophane. I love it and I believe it could be worn by a man as to my nose it has an animalic drydown. But it is probably on the sweet side for some. Worth a try anyway.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon

Basenotes Plus

+1 on Auphorie Miyako

Also Osmanthus and Qi from Ormonde Jayne.
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    Hednic, among those in a lower economic echelon, have you worn Atelier Cologne Love Osmanthus yet? How does it rate?
    I just received about 5 days ago a 200ml bottle from the NYC boutique and I do like it quite a lot. have worn it once so far for a full day's wearing. It's fresh not overly floral and has a soft woody dry down.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I just received about 5 days ago a 200ml bottle from the NYC boutique and I do like it quite a lot. have worn it once so far for a full day's wearing. It's fresh not overly floral and has a soft woody dry down.
    Thank you. Sounds nice. I do intend to check it out.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon

Freed from BN Institution

What does the Clive Christian smell like?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Bois Noir by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    What does the Clive Christian smell like?
    Hard to describe. Like a very refined "peachy" apricot

Miyako is great stuff - been thru 2 bottles.

Strongly reccomend Kimonanthe from Diptyque . . . I need to pick up another bottle come to think of it!

The Different Company Osmanthus is lovely - Ellena did it when he and his daughter started the company before he was employed by Hermes - basically a 'study' for Osmanthe Yunnan, imagine OY without the milky tea accord.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov

Basenotes Junkie

The best osmanthus I've tried so far is Urban Scents Lost Paradise - floral, but very unisex and very long lasting, around 12 hours. It's so great and uplifting, I can't find words to describe it.
    It's currently on my buy list for March, but I need to re-test AdP Osmathus and test a few Ormonde Jayne that are heavy on osmanthus.

The adp osmanthus is rather weak, even for a adp. But smells great if you dont mind carrying a diffuser

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    1. Sandalo by Lorenzo Villoresi
    2. Eau D'Hederin by Annick Goutal
    3. Neroli Portofino by Tom ford
    4. Gris Clair by Serge Lutens
    5. L'Ombre Dans L'Eau by Diptyque
    6. Colonia by Acqua di Parma
    7. Scandal by Roja
    8. Sublime Vanille by Creed
    9. Moon Safari by Memo
    10. Pour Homme by Paco Robanne

Also liking very much and thus quite gladly recommending Osmanthus Interdite by Parfum d'Empire (not by Les Senteurs, having erroneously confused one of their authorized retailers with the manufacturing house of this fragrance) and Osmanthus EDP by l'Erbolario

I get good longevity with AdP Osmanthus - and I think it's super nice!
    One of the best from AdP!

Basenotes Junkie

I also get a terrific longevity from AdP Osmanthus - lasts more than 12 hours

Serge Lutens Nuit de Cellophane is perfect chinese osmanthus

RNE-L01 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi