Code of Conduct

Thread: Piss in drydown

o

Default Piss in drydown

Such many of you, i'm expost in perfume appreciation since i was a child. Sometime (more to rare) i hear by one or other people -This perfume smell like piss''. Well, i not thought much about this, until reading the avaliations about red roses by Jo Malone in fragrantica, a large range of people say the dry down smell like piss (anyone say like many others perfumes), and many other peoples say the drydown smells great like myrrh. What can be these piss scent some persons says ? I know some people can indentify in ylang, stargazer lilly, civet, scents like used bathroom, elephants, zoological, cat piss etc. I still not made any bad scent like this, only veramoss in dry down smells a bit fecal, but nothing about piss. Appears in past someone in the forum say myrr oil smell like piss. What you think guys ?
    ''[...] The perfumery is in such a state so badly, that even Johnson's talc lost their essence [...]''
    Currently wearing: Tai Winds by Avon

Default Re: Piss in drydown

you should try phenyl acetic acid

Quote Originally Posted by pavomi View Post
    you should try phenyl acetic acid
    mmm, thanks to answer, is a thing i want to avoid, or cover if any day i encounter this scent
    ''[...] The perfumery is in such a state so badly, that even Johnson's talc lost their essence [...]''

p-Cresyl Phenyl Acetate But in my opinion this is not the right approach to perfume materials. These notes of "urine" in the right place and when used correctly can add richness and beauty to perfumes. And vice versa In inept hands, any material that smells great on its own can turn into dirt.))

Quote Originally Posted by Finelikeanoyster View Post
    mmm, thanks to answer, is a thing i want to avoid, or cover if any day i encounter this scent
    its a lovley material, very useful for e.g. white florals. and as Dmitriy wrote, most of those urine-ish materials are very strong, and need experience how to be dosed correctly.

Basenotes Junkie

To my nose,myrrh are wonderful and not "pissy", ...civet,is possible...

Myrhh noooo, absolutely no!
    You try cresylic molecules: para-cresyl acetate, para-cresyl phenylacetate, p-cresol.

Quote Originally Posted by Finelikeanoyster View Post
    Such many of you, i'm expost in perfume appreciation since i was a child. Sometime (more to rare) i hear by one or other people -This perfume smell like piss''. Well, i not thought much about this, until reading the avaliations about red roses by Jo Malone in fragrantica, a large range of people say the dry down smell like piss (anyone say like many others perfumes), and many other peoples say the drydown smells great like myrrh. What can be these piss scent some persons says ? I know some people can indentify in ylang, stargazer lilly, civet, scents like used bathroom, elephants, zoological, cat piss etc. I still not made any bad scent like this, only veramoss in dry down smells a bit fecal, but nothing about piss. Appears in past someone in the forum say myrr oil smell like piss. What you think guys ?
    Many honey and sulfur chemicals have this reputation. For me, ethyl phenyl acetate is specifically urine like (on top of phenyl acetic acid). Sulfur ones less so, for me.

Red Roses very well may contain methyl phenyl acetate. I suppose at the right dose it could do this.

Thanks for all that expend time to answer.

Is good to take note of theses, i don't want make a thing to the people say 'hey look an walking urinol !'. How Dmitriy say, can be useful in correct place (such indole), so i going to take care. up before to buy theses

I'm a little late to this but . . . Viridine. I have found it to be urine-esque.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisieux View Post
    I'm a little late to this but . . . Viridine. I have found it to be urine-esque.
    Yes, and for sure this is used in Red Roses from JML

Cassis, of course, is evocative of cat piss (or sauvignon blanc). I'd try to couple it with a little civet and maybe some para-cresol phenylacetate which smells a little like horse piss. Duplicating human piss would, of course, depend on whether you're talking about fresh piss or old piss.

A couple of the Amouage male fragrances have scents of urine in them too that I’ve noticed. I couldn’t tell you which ones now as I had samples of pretty much all of them and can’t remember what ones.