Code of Conduct
o

Default Legitimate Cool Water?

I asked for a pic of the bottle bottom, and it had no label. Is that normal for a miniature? Miniatures are most of what I could find available for this fragrance.
    Last edited by Roy C.; 26th January 2020 at 02:13 AM.

All Is Beautiful

Default Re: Legitimate Cool Water?

lots of my miniatures lack a label on the bottom of the bottle.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

I also noticed a discrepancy in the pictures. I asked her how come in the first pic the writing on the backside is clearly visible, but not all all in any of the other pictures? The writing on the front also looks bolder in the first pic. Looks like two different bottles. Said she didn't understand what I meant...

She then sent me these other two pics, which didn't really clarify much:

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Didn't even know that it came in that size.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Honestly, I can’t imagine why anyone would go to the trouble to fake miniatures. Refill legit bottles to sell online, perhaps, but it’s not worth the effort and expense to make the bottles and boxes for such a small return.
    Currently wearing: Rose Ishtar by Rania J

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    Honestly, I can’t imagine why anyone would go to the trouble to fake miniatures. Refill legit bottles to sell online, perhaps, but it’s not worth the effort and expense to make the bottles and boxes for such a small return.
    Can you tell if it's been refilled? That's what I fear the most when looking for vintage fragrances. Is there like a seal or something? I've never smelt the vintage before, so I wouldn't know what it should smell like.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Roy C. View Post
    Can you tell if it's been refilled? That's what I fear the most when looking for vintage fragrances. Is there like a seal or something? I've never smelt the vintage before, so I wouldn't know what it should smell like.
    You can't, really, if you have no frame of reference. That said, nearly all dealers I've encountered have been honest, and the vintage scents I've purchased online have been too deep and long-lasting—and too close to published descriptions—to have been fakes. I look for dealers with all or nearly all positive feedback, and little if any accusation of fakery. (If you sell thousands of fragrances online, there's always some miscreant who's going to cry fraud, but multiple accusations from different buyers is a huge red flag even if the rating percentage is 90%+.)

The seller's storefront looks legit, and she seems to have good reputation. I can't vouch for her, because I've never dealt with her, but I'm not seeing anything that would make me hesitate to buy from her in the future.
    Currently wearing: Rose Ishtar by Rania J

I wonder if I got a fake, or it hasn't aged well. It smells like every other shower-gellish aquatic I've tried, and the projection is rather mild.

Minis don't have as tight of a seal compared to sealed sprayers or even screw tight splashes. I had several CW minis and the caps are a good snap at best so the lack of a decent seal likey had a role in the degrading of quality.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Sartorial by Penhaligon's

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Roy C. View Post
    I wonder if I got a fake, or it hasn't aged well. It smells like every other shower-gellish aquatic I've tried, and the projection is rather mild.
    Well, Cool Water was maybe a trend setter and stuff followed suit.. so.. that might be why it smells generic to you, lol.

Also, doubt really anyone is faking mini's - I don't really see why they would.

Tip: Buy spray bottles, and aim for the 2.5oz size, not the 4.2 unless you're pretty sure it's a legitimate seller.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: 1 Million by Paco Rabanne