Code of Conduct
o
    All Is Beautiful

Default bad Antaeus, requested return

I have had great experiences buying vintage, but lately, a mostly filled spray of Antaeus EDT with zero longevity. Just seems fake. Maybe they filled with current stuff, or something else. I get a lot of vetiver, then it fades after 10 minutes. Doesn't seem right.

This is my first bad experience but it's eBay and I know that they'll take care of me. It was suspiciously cheap.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Freed from BN Institution

Default Re: bad Antaeus, requested return

That's rather unfortunate. Did the bottle appeared to be tampered with? By any chance did the fragrance spoiled?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

All Is Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    That's rather unfortunate. Did the bottle appeared to be tampered with? By any chance did the fragrance spoiled?
    Doesn’t seem spoiled. Just 10 minute projection and really nothing but vetiver.

I also had a similar experience with vintage Antaeus. The sprayer was spraying a cheap patchouli oil and water mist at over 10ft. The bottle and cap were also of poor quality. I was disappointed to find that vintage Antaeus is also being targeted by counterfeiters. As soon as I updated the seller about the issue, they gave me a 100% refund and asked me to throw away the bottle. So, I wondered if they knew they had sold me a fake Antaeus.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    but it's eBay and I know that they'll take care of me.
    That's peace of mind.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

All Is Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Tradition View Post
    I also had a similar experience with vintage Antaeus. The sprayer was spraying a cheap patchouli oil and water mist at over 10ft. The bottle and cap were also of poor quality. I was disappointed to find that vintage Antaeus is also being targeted by counterfeiters. As soon as I updated the seller about the issue, they gave me a 100% refund and asked me to throw away the bottle. So, I wondered if they knew they had sold me a fake Antaeus.
    I hope I have a similar seller.

Can you spray some out? I'm curious if the color is off etc. I've had variations between bottles and I always took it at possible storage variations which to me, comes with the game. There is no way of knowing how it was stored.

What about pictures of the bottle? I would think counterfeit bottles would be sooooo far and few between.

All Is Beautiful

My theory is that the bottle is real, but it’s been refilled. I don’t think it matches the box either.

The seller is acting like somebody who has committed a fraud. It’s asking me to get the perfume appraised, and send it back at my expense. All of that kind of behavior including attacks on me. I have actually bought from this seller before. But I think that in this case, somebody refilled the bottle with something fake.

I have a small mini that I think is legitimate and I will compare it today.

All Is Beautiful

the seller backed off, apologized and gave me a full refund. I think the seller was taken advantage of also, but in any event, all is well now.

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    I have had great experiences buying vintage, but lately, a mostly filled spray of Antaeus EDT with zero longevity. Just seems fake. Maybe they filled with current stuff, or something else. I get a lot of vetiver, then it fades after 10 minutes. Doesn't seem right.

This is my first bad experience but it's eBay and I know that they'll take care of me. It was suspiciously cheap.
    I have current Antaeus batch from 2019 with great longevity so whatever you got is not Anteus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

All Is Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by tiberije View Post
    I have current Antaeus batch from 2019 with great longevity so whatever you got is not Anteus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thanks! I have a mini somewhere that I can try. This was not Antaeus. I ordered from somene else and hopefully will get a new good bottle.

Pull the silver sprayer off and take a picture of the crimp. I checked two bottles and they all had the same markings. From the top you should see two dots on one side of the gold colored crimp and across a single dot. At least thats what I have one two bottles from two sellers and two different eras.