Code of Conduct
o

Default My leather gloves don't fit right

Does anyone know where I can get custom made leather gloves? And by custom made I mean gloves that will fit each of my fingers perfectly. I don't know if it's a common issue, but no matter what gloves I wear some of my fingers fit perfectly while the others are way to small for the finger sleeves. I've found websites that claim to make custom gloves but they really seem to only offer many colored gloves (I haven't emailed these companies yet to ask specifically). I know this isn't a big problem, but it really bothers me. If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it!
    "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."--F. Scott Fitzgerald

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: My leather gloves don't fit right

Here's one.

https://www.chesterjefferies.co.uk/sizes-bespoke/

There is a measuring chart where you provide each individual finger length.
    Currently wearing: Musk Cologne by Bortnikoff

Quote Originally Posted by bklow View Post
    Here's one.

https://www.chesterjefferies.co.uk/sizes-bespoke/

There is a measuring chart where you provide each individual finger length.
    Awesome! Thanks, that's just what I was looking for. Bklow, do you yourself have any experience with this company's quality?
    "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."--F. Scott Fitzgerald

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidsetparfum1 View Post
    Awesome! Thanks, that's just what I was looking for. Bklow, do you yourself have any experience with this company's quality?
    No, I don't. Sometimes I see questions asked and it sparks my interest, so I search for the answer. When it comes to actual custom made leather gloves, this was the recommended brand on reddit and styleforum for quality/cost.

I prefer mittens

No, I don't. Sometimes I see questions asked and it sparks my interest, so I search for the answer. When it comes to actual custom made leather gloves, this was the recommended brand on reddit and styleforum for quality/cost.

I prefer mittens
    I like to go with the fingerless gloves with the mitten flap that you can fold back.
    But interesting to want custom measured gloves. It totally makes sense, especially if you have odd shaped hands. I'd never thought of that before.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

I prefer mittens
    I ended up doing some more research and found some more places that will do custom gloves, in addition to Chesterjeffries. Do you prefer knitted type mittens or leather? I've never really worn mittens because they leave my fingers to confined for my taste.

- - - Updated - - -

But interesting to want custom measured gloves. It totally makes sense, especially if you have odd shaped hands. I'd never thought of that before.[/QUOTE]

It's rather frustrating--I always have an almost half inch gap between where my finger ends and where the glove ends (at least on my thumb and pointer fingers. The other fingers fit fine)

I ended up doing some more research and found some more places that will do custom gloves, in addition to Chesterjeffries. Do you prefer knitted type mittens or leather? I've never really worn mittens because they leave my fingers to confined for my taste.

- - - Updated - - -

But interesting to want custom measured gloves. It totally makes sense, especially if you have odd shaped hands. I'd never thought of that before.
    It's rather frustrating--I always have an almost half inch gap between where my finger ends and where the glove ends (at least on my thumb and pointer fingers. The other fingers fit fine)[/QUOTE]

I almost always go a size down so the gloves fit a little tighter, but it makes the fingers more snug and a better fit.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

I almost always go a size down so the gloves fit a little tighter, but it makes the fingers more snug and a better fit.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, when I go a size smaller the glove is much to tight in the fingers that fit in the size up. I must have oddly shaped fingers.

Basenotes Plus

Glad you found some additional options.

Nylon. The only time I wear gloves/mittens is when I am snowblowing/shoveling the driveway. As I've gotten older, the blood circulation to my hands has decreased. My fingers started getting painfully cold just holding onto the snowblower handles while wearing gloves (high quality gore-tex ski gloves). One day I put on my father-in-law's old ski mittens and problem solved. The heat from my hands and fingers being all together in the same space keeps them all warm.

When I need dexterity, I just take the mitten off and do whatever barehanded real quick.