Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

Deleted. It’s not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post
    Dont prove anything to anyone, attacks come and go, just brush it off and move on.

As far as sensitivity of "others" ....its not sensitivity, but community voicing its opinion. If Ensar was anything like JPGuerlain, and said something about perfume of others, i would listen and analyze his opinion. Ensar is halfbaked perfumer when we are talking about perfumes and not oud oils. He is about 15 years in the business based on the video with Bortnikoff, and at this stage, he should be on a certain level with amazing creations. But he is not. Adam has less years under his belt, but hes status is about legendary. Siberian musk is a unicorn....can same be said about any specific ensars creation? No.
    So instead of using time and energy to cry, should have used it to create better formula.
    This is not sensitivity, this is a clear message that he is doing something wrong.
    I have several of Adams creations. I love them. Unfortunately I didn't find him until Siberian Musk was gone. I love how his feel kind of experimental and wild. But something about Ensars perfumes, personally, really do something for me. I guess I cant perfectly articulate it. When I first tried them, the quality just seemed like a different level. Even to Adam. It felt like I was actually fulfilled. Like his perfumes filled in a massive gap that I didn't even know I was looking for. Maybe the fact that we all come from different environments, city vs rural... hot vs cold weather.. etc.. Predisposes us to be attracted to and identify with certain smells. I love them. And I just don't like the fact that people expect every perfumer to act the same.. Mild mannered and perfect. So what if theres one that gets aggressive and defensive? I think thats cool. I respect the passion and willingness to defend his position. Even if it was a misunderstanding. Others obviously hate him for it. But he's not doing anything wrong.

This is where I sensed sensitivity. It seems like a lot of people are not used to the conflict. They saw his description and they were like OHHH MY GODDDD.. its like it was the biggest deal in the world. I was like... oh hell yea.

So its really subjective. You think Adam is legendary. I don't necessarily disagree. But to me Ensars perfumes are worthy of legendary status. They sit high above the rest of my collection

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyriddle View Post
    This is where youre wrong. Ensar has far exceeded the attar game way before Bortnikoff or Russian Adam stepped into the game. Ensars creations are absolutely beautifully crafted and actually uses top notch rare ingredients and blends them in a way that far exceeds anything in the game at the moment. He’s only released a handful of fragrances and several of them are total masterpieces of olfactory art. It’s the price point that excludes him from the ALD or Bortnikoff fan base and only those who hate on him as an individual critique his work in such a way that they say he’s garbage and untalented. The oud oil he creates sets the bar not only for wild oud distillations but also cultivated oud distillations which paved the way for others to follow in his footsteps. It’s a shame to see so much personal bias get in the way of a clear and defined mastery of perfumery with actual RARE ingredients that seem to be jocked so heavily on this forum from diehard fans of other houses who can’t handle the fact that someone else is on par or better but out of their price range.
    Lets settle some things straight. I am talking about perfumes, not attars or oud oils. Oud is still a riddle to me, and so far i was not impressed by it as single entity. Even trying some crazy $10K ASAQ king grade oils. Attars, to me are different from perfumes, since they are oil only blends, and again, i am newish to them as well. I am talking about alcohol based. And here, to me specifically, he is not killing the game, his creations are not amazing despite top notch ingredients. Having good materials doesnt make you great, blending does, and that where he should still be practicing hard. EO1 AND EO2 were just flat perfumes, without top heart base structure....only with Tigerlust, in my opinion, he got to the level of 3 stage perfume. But topic was already exhausted - iris leather. How original.
    Price - price is always a factor, unless your loaded. And perfume is not necessity, it is something we buy out of pleasure, so if one charges that much he should deliver, and not be wasteful of "top notch" materials, they are so rare. Thats why we have synthetic materials, because bafoons blend garbage and sell it for profit. If people took time and care into releasing proper perfume, we would use naturals and not synthetics. I originally thought that $600 for perfume is crazy, but if its really smth special, then every so often its justified to me. Thats why i have 2 bottles of W&P. So dont use price to say that people cant afford and hate. And on topic of hate, not sure why u use it....criticism and hate are 2 completely separate things. I dont know man personally, i dont know his opinion on tons of important subject, so i cant hate in the first place. I dont like, as i mentioned in earlier posts, his arrogance and babies cry. If you are a serious about perfumes ( and perfumery is serious business , prove point by by action. Thats what i am saying.
    Finally, if he is amazing to you, congrats, i only wish him to get better and please you more often with his rare material blends, but dont put tags of hate on others when its not true.

Quote Originally Posted by mszmurko View Post
    I have several of Adams creations. I love them. Unfortunately I didn't find him until Siberian Musk was gone. I love how his feel kind of experimental and wild. But something about Ensars perfumes, personally, really do something for me. I guess I cant perfectly articulate it. When I first tried them, the quality just seemed like a different level. Even to Adam. It felt like I was actually fulfilled. Like his perfumes filled in a massive gap that I didn't even know I was looking for. Maybe the fact that we all come from different environments, city vs rural... hot vs cold weather.. etc.. Predisposes us to be attracted to and identify with certain smells. I love them. And I just don't like the fact that people expect every perfumer to act the same.. Mild mannered and perfect. So what if theres one that gets aggressive and defensive? I think thats cool. I respect the passion and willingness to defend his position. Even if it was a misunderstanding. Others obviously hate him for it. But he's not doing anything wrong.

This is where I sensed sensitivity. It seems like a lot of people are not used to the conflict. They saw his description and they were like OHHH MY GODDDD.. its like it was the biggest deal in the world. I was like... oh hell yea.

So its really subjective. You think Adam is legendary. I don't necessarily disagree. But to me Ensars perfumes are worthy of legendary status. They sit high above the rest of my collection
    If you found your perfume home, good for you ��
    I went through your post, and to me, i see a flaw in wording in modern marketing. Soft mannered is not bad, it shows a man from his better side, as we should all strive to be better, and that is what great people are - kind. Passionate though, is not same as aggresive. Passionate can be expressed in different ways. What Ensar did is just rant, and as i have mentioned before - dont rant, dont waste time crying, but show the world your next creation that will just make people roll their eyes and find a chair to sit on. Hate - people dont necessary hate, they are annoyed by it. And it is big deal his behaviour, as various factors show if person is noble and worth time and attention, or if its the opposite. Thats how i see it.

If you found your perfume home, good for you ��
    I went through your post, and to me, i see a flaw in wording in modern marketing. Soft mannered is not bad, it shows a man from his better side, as we should all strive to be better, and that is what great people are - kind. Passionate though, is not same as aggresive. Passionate can be expressed in different ways. What Ensar did is just rant, and as i have mentioned before - dont rant, dont waste time crying, but show the world your next creation that will just make people roll their eyes and find a chair to sit on. Hate - people dont necessary hate, they are annoyed by it. And it is big deal his behaviour, as various factors show if person is noble and worth time and attention, or if its the opposite. Thats how i see it.
    I guess we have a fundamental disagreement of some sorts. I don't think being soft mannered and kind is always virtuous. Sometimes speaking what you feel is more important than being nice. Sometimes being kind doesn't make you great.. it gets you pushed around and walked over.

And also reading your reply to stinkyriddle... It seems like you have a specific idea of what perfumes should be ... 3 stages. In classic Chypre style. I don't necessarily agree. I love EO2 for its simplicity. I don't need all my perfumes going through alot of changes. Just another example of how all of this is subjective.

Lets settle some things straight. I am talking about perfumes, not attars or oud oils. Oud is still a riddle to me, and so far i was not impressed by it as single entity. Even trying some crazy $10K ASAQ king grade oils. Attars, to me are different from perfumes, since they are oil only blends, and again, i am newish to them as well. I am talking about alcohol based. And here, to me specifically, he is not killing the game, his creations are not amazing despite top notch ingredients. Having good materials doesnt make you great, blending does, and that where he should still be practicing hard. EO1 AND EO2 were just flat perfumes, without top heart base structure....only with Tigerlust, in my opinion, he got to the level of 3 stage perfume. But topic was already exhausted - iris leather. How original.
    Price - price is always a factor, unless your loaded. And perfume is not necessity, it is something we buy out of pleasure, so if one charges that much he should deliver, and not be wasteful of "top notch" materials, they are so rare. Thats why we have synthetic materials, because bafoons blend garbage and sell it for profit. If people took time and care into releasing proper perfume, we would use naturals and not synthetics. I originally thought that $600 for perfume is crazy, but if its really smth special, then every so often its justified to me. Thats why i have 2 bottles of W&P. So dont use price to say that people cant afford and hate. And on topic of hate, not sure why u use it....criticism and hate are 2 completely separate things. I dont know man personally, i dont know his opinion on tons of important subject, so i cant hate in the first place. I dont like, as i mentioned in earlier posts, his arrogance and babies cry. If you are a serious about perfumes ( and perfumery is serious business , prove point by by action. Thats what i am saying.
    Finally, if he is amazing to you, congrats, i only wish him to get better and please you more often with his rare material blends, but dont put tags of hate on others when its not true.
    You’re mistaking your opinion for fact. Sorry bud.

If Ensar uses top heart base structure, then that has to show. Otherwise, he should just list ingredients all together. Yes, i do love magic of transformation and interplay in perfume, that is what makes them great.

On topic of nice - we voiced " how we feel" here, and you said people are sensitive or we hate. When ensar lashed out, you say its cool. In essence we did same thing, so i guess there is a little bias in the play.

I agree with you that voicing opinion is important, and being overly nice is not good, but one has to know time, place and manner how to voice their opinion or feeling.

@stinkyriddle - mind to explain that sentence? Maybe i am mistaken, but cant learn if not explained to me.

If Ensar uses top heart base structure, then that has to show. Otherwise, he should just list ingredients all together. Yes, i do love magic of transformation and interplay in perfume, that is what makes them great.

On topic of nice - we voiced " how we feel" here, and you said people are sensitive or we hate. When ensar lashed out, you say its cool. In essence we did same thing, so i guess there is a little bias in the play.

I agree with you that voicing opinion is important, and being overly nice is not good, but one has to know time, place and manner how to voice their opinion or feeling.

@stinkyriddle - mind to explain that sentence? Maybe i am mistaken, but cant learn if not explained to me.

You say EO1 is flat and boring I say it’s full of depth and has clearly defined top middle and base notes. There’s a certain level of harassment at this point where anyone praising ensar has several of the same people trying to counter that on a thread dedicated to Ensars perfume. Maybe “hate” is a strong word but where I’m from it’s used as a slang term to mean someone is voicing their strong opposition to a certain subject hence “why y’all gotta be hating on ensar”.

To see someone who clearly enjoys a fragrance be called out and harassed every time they post in this thread is ridiculous. I thought I found a community where I could share my love of perfumery and instead it’s turned into an echo chamber where the majority rules and people flip flop their opinions based on the status quo.

It’s one thing to say hey the dude voiced his opinion but it’s another thing entirely when that same opinion is forced on anyone that says otherwise. Ensar made one post he’s since clarified on and in no way did he call anyone the names and words that have been used over and over in this thread.

I thought I could come to this site and actually find like minded individuals but it’s honestly at the point where I could do without it. I’ve never seen a community that shits on people the way others do on here. It’s toxic and really saddening because I don’t have anyone I can talk to about my newfound love of perfumery and Ensar is the first perfumer I fell in love with. So yeah I am alittle biased because all this nit picking is stupid. Opinions are opinions.

I haven't tried any of Ensar's parfums or EdPs, but I know his oud oil is of the highest quality, if not the best in the world. Distillation is also a skill and Ensar is at the top of his game. As for all the blogs, rants, belittling synthetics, and creating of FOMO, I take it all with a pinch of salt.

As far a s harassment, i dont agree with it either, and it should stop. No problem here.
    As far as community goes, it is what you make it. Start a thread " Ensar is king of perfumes" and dedicate thread only to people who love ensar. Bam! Done deal. Moderators are here to moderate, use them.

As far as this thread, original post was created to do both, discuss perfume, and discuss the write up. And people are free to share what they think of write up and author. And with every written thing, there is a message that you can read between the line. And this is example where it was done, without names, but message was very clear. How many people read russian literature that is 1200 pages long? So when that is used in write up, and it indirectly hints at Adam since he is russian, and message is that ensars perfumes are better, how amazing of materials he use - people responded. You can like it or not, but this is exactly what you want to do here as well, voice opinion. And instead of stirring poop around, Ensar should just read and learn, that tactic he used is not something most people want to see. Thats about that.

Basenotes Plus

As far a s harassment, i dont agree with it either, and it should stop. No problem here.
    As far as community goes, it is what you make it. Start a thread " Ensar is king of perfumes" and dedicate thread only to people who love ensar. Bam! Done deal. Moderators are here to moderate, use them.

As far as this thread, original post was created to do both, discuss perfume, and discuss the write up. And people are free to share what they think of write up and author. And with every written thing, there is a message that you can read between the line. And this is example where it was done, without names, but message was very clear. How many people read russian literature that is 1200 pages long? So when that is used in write up, and it indirectly hints at Adam since he is russian, and message is that ensars perfumes are better, how amazing of materials he use - people responded. You can like it or not, but this is exactly what you want to do here as well, voice opinion. And instead of stirring poop around, Ensar should just read and learn, that tactic he used is not something most people want to see. Thats about that.
    Well said.
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood
    Currently wearing: Carré Blanc by The Zoo

Quote Originally Posted by Finnster View Post
    he, as all of us, know you are Ensar posting under another alias... hyping your own fragrance on an internet message board like the desperate toolbag you are.
    Is that actually true? I think you can usually spot a shill decently enough but in this case, where it's the actual perfumer...wow.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    Is that actually true? I think you can usually spot a shill decently enough but in this case, where it's the actual perfumer...wow.
    Ah, having read further, it appears not. I'm glad of that tbh.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

So for the folks who love EO #2 would you say that this is a must try? So far I'm hearing great things regarding the musk in this one.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Anyone else smelled this one yet?

The 9.5ml tester is now available. Somebody please share more reviews.

Does it smell different than Tigerlust?

Quote Originally Posted by mahmadna View Post
    The 9.5ml tester is now available. Somebody please share more reviews.

Does it smell different than Tigerlust?
    I almost asked this exact question. I don’t want to drop $150 for something that smells like a random mix of ensar goodies again, after Tigerlust. I’d rather just buy a big bottle of EO2 if it’s all going to be that close.

Basenotes Plus

After a quick test I can say that this is again a nice perfume by Ensar but not novel or completely new and I think this was well conveyed (EO2 being the crime fragrance after all) . It is like EO2 with a better sweet/fruity opening and if I had to pick one it would be C and P based on the opening alone.

Didn't try out Private blend? It's in the opening here. Actually I thought it was pretty much private blend in the opening to the point where I want to do a side by side comparison.
    After a full wear I'll provide a more thorough analysis.
    Do you even niche and/or artisanal?

Quote Originally Posted by 911LambMelb View Post
    After a quick test I can say that this is again a nice perfume by Ensar but not novel or completely new and I think this was well conveyed (EO2 being the crime fragrance after all) . It is like EO2 with a better sweet/fruity opening and if I had to pick one it would be C and P based on the opening alone.

Didn't try out Private blend? It's in the opening here. Actually I thought it was pretty much private blend in the opening to the point where I want to do a side by side comparison.
    Thanks 911 —- private blend was something I was interested in, so maybe this will be the version I try. I actually really liked the Amber/musk opening of EO2 but I’d be interested in trying EO2 with a fruitier opening.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    I almost asked this exact question. I don’t want to drop $150 for something that smells like a random mix of ensar goodies again, after Tigerlust. I’d rather just buy a big bottle of EO2 if it’s all going to be that close.

My thoughts exactly. I am a huge EO fan (owning many of his oud oils, perfume attars and pure parfums), but I must say i was totally disappointed with Tigerlust. A random mix of previous goodies just isnt what I'm looking for. EO2 was brilliant on its own, and i dont particularly want a sweet/fruity version of it.
    Currently wearing: Kyara by Di Ser

EO2 + EO Private Blend?

Basenotes Plus

Give me a day or so.
    Today I am testing EO2, C and P and Private Blend all side by side.

Off the top for the openings :
    C and P (sweeter, stewed fruity and floral with a bit of pepper). Bloody love it.

Private Blend. The same sweet fruitiness as in C and P.. With a different spiciness to it. Smells more like cumin. House DNA apparent. Despite costing much more I prefer C and P.

EO2. Spicy musky. No perceived sweetness. You all know it well already, the drydown is where things will get interesting.

Basenotes Plus

The drydown of C and P is similar to E02.
    Private Blend maintains more sweetness in the drydown. It's also the most potent and feels the most dense/concentrated of the 3.

I would say EO2 is not a linear or simple scent. However its shifts and changes are subtle and either reveal/obscure certain elements. Everything is underpinned by the animalic base, namely, the Musk.

So, back to Crime and Punishment. Crime and Punishment is sweet where EO2 is not. Particularly so in the opening. What I'm assuming are the raspberries and florals provide a degree of further complexity. The combination of spices also seems different to EO2, but there is some similarity as well. All this leads to a base that is glorious and along the lines of EO2.

Projection is heavy initially and then moderate after about an hour or so. Logevity is very good.

Overall, I would say this is a different perfume to EO2, but it has many shared elements. If you like EO2, you should like C and P. If not, chances are you might like the opening but not the rest. If you missed out on Private Blend, the sweetness here in the opening is similar, so this is your chance to experience that. It isn't an annoying sugar sweetness, it's a soft sweetness that isn't piercing, cloying or overwhelming.

This is another excellent release from Ensar Oud. I will say that my Musk animalic oud cravings are well satisfied now. Let's see what the next release brings but I'm hoping for something drastically different to mix things up a bit.

Basenotes Plus

Basenotes Member

Wonderful set. What is the other 9.5l atomizer (1 is obviously PB) - is it American Oud, and if so, how did you find it?
    Currently wearing: Kyara by Di Ser

YES!!! Tell us is that American Oud? And Eo 1 and 2... did you get pure parfum or edp?

Basenotes Plus

Yes it is American Oud.
    I really enjoy it. You need to be an oud fan to like it as this is essentially an oud soliflore composed of various oud oils. Not barnyard Hindi. More metallic, earthy, rubbery and smokey...and ever so slightly sweet. If I were to guess I'd say we have a combination of Thai/Cambodi and Sri Lankan ouds in this one.

The spray format makes it less dense, it feels light with a breezy quality which I really like. It doesn't last as long as the oil format but still has good longevity and much stronger projection.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    YES!!! Tell us is that American Oud? And Eo 1 and 2... did you get pure parfum or edp?
    Pure parfum.

The drydown of C and P is similar to E02.
    Private Blend maintains more sweetness in the drydown. It's also the most potent and feels the most dense/concentrated of the 3.

I would say EO2 is not a linear or simple scent. However its shifts and changes are subtle and either reveal/obscure certain elements. Everything is underpinned by the animalic base, namely, the Musk.

So, back to Crime and Punishment. Crime and Punishment is sweet where EO2 is not. Particularly so in the opening. What I'm assuming are the raspberries and florals provide a degree of further complexity. The combination of spices also seems different to EO2, but there is some similarity as well. All this leads to a base that is glorious and along the lines of EO2.

Projection is heavy initially and then moderate after about an hour or so. Logevity is very good.

Overall, I would say this is a different perfume to EO2, but it has many shared elements. If you like EO2, you should like C and P. If not, chances are you might like the opening but not the rest. If you missed out on Private Blend, the sweetness here in the opening is similar, so this is your chance to experience that. It isn't an annoying sugar sweetness, it's a soft sweetness that isn't piercing, cloying or overwhelming.

This is another excellent release from Ensar Oud. I will say that my Musk animalic oud cravings are well satisfied now. Let's see what the next release brings but I'm hoping for something drastically different to mix things up a bit.
    Sounds like I need to get my hands on some of the private blend and the C&P as I love and can't get enough of the EO #2.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Dear Ensar,

Your updated page to Crime&Punishment is much more intriguing and does your fragrance far more justice than what you posted originally. You did a great job of highlighting the nuances and complexities of the creation while expressing your deep passion for your work (as you always do).

I hope you realize this is all you need going forward. Your work was never intended to be "crowd pleasers" or put in the "Pop-frag" category as you say, we know that. However, I hope you just ignore the movements and actions of other perfumers entirely in the future. I tried War&Peace, and strongly disliked it. Your write up did nothing to sway me from continuing to try ALD frags in the future, but it strongly swayed me against trying your offerings. Your work has the capability of speaking more words than anything you could write up, subliminally insulting or attempting to reduce another perfumers work for any reason only makes you look bad and i'm glad you decided to change the print.

Let the haute de gamme frag enthusiasts discover you through the beauty of your work. Not the insults of other perfumers. The new writeup is lovely, and us simple folk who like a note breakdown are thankful for you offering that as well I wish you nothing but future success and continued growth. Cheers.
    Don't stank.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast