Code of Conduct
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    How was Thai Tabac? Is it a tobacco dominant offering? I was thinking about grabbing a tester of Thai Tabac and C+P I haven’t heard much about the Parfum format of Thai Tabac yet.
    I didn't get Thai Tabac but I did get a small sample to try out this weekend. I got the discounted set of EO1, EO2, Tigerlust, Crime & Punishment in EDP form and Monsieur Oud in Parfum. This florals are striking in MO. I think on another site TT was well received with praise.

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Wow! I noticed with my set the 9.5ml bottles were thin. So sorry for this event. I will take greater pains myself after seeing this sad result. I will add so far out the five I have tried Monsieur Oud was my favorite with Crime & Punishment in the number two spot. Of course my thoughts may change after more wearing and gaining better perspective on each fragrance nuances. There isn't one out of the five that I haven't liked. So Ensar has a strong cast.
    How does MO performs? I have been interested in it for a while but the previous oil format was not performing well for me. I got a decant of C&P and so far I’m loving it!
    Currently wearing: Sayat Nova by Bortnikoff

Basenotes Plus

I've got a FB of the EDP on the way this week. VERY excited for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by juny0806 View Post
    How does MO performs? I have been interested in it for a while but the previous oil format was not performing well for me. I got a decant of C&P and so far I’m loving it!
    Actually, I wore it again on Saturday. It seems I gain greater appreciation the more I wear it. The florals were dancing all around the oud. A very comforting and uplifting scent. I feel it's his best work for me at the moment edging out C & P. But still early days. Being the weekend I spritzed an extra spray and it felt very robust as the notes were very well defined and so enjoyable.

i see Ensar is now selling 30ml bottles of pure parfum for EO1, EO2, Tiger Lust and C & P which definitely makes them more affordable

Quote Originally Posted by j.zheyii View Post
    What is the general consensus on EdP vs Pure Parfum for Ensar's creations? Do the Parfums justify the doubled price of their EdP counterparts?
    Just noticed this never got a response. I have owned the EdP and Parfum versions of EO1 and EO2. I did not feel the Parfum justified the double price in either instance. With respect to EO1, I definitely appreciated a bit of added depth and a nice tea note in the Parfum, but there was also something that came off a little rough and scratchy on my skin. As a result, I much preferred the EdP, which I am wearing today actually. The EdP projects better, lasts a very long time on my skin, and is still comparable to many extraits in terms of depth and complexity. (I won't get into Sultan Leather Attar, but I think a comparison of all three is worth considering). As for EO2, the Pure Parfum was the standout for me. It develops beautifully over a very long period of time. The musk is exquisite. I pick up some very vintage leathery tones that really blow me away. The EdP did not impress me when I first smelled it, but having experienced the Pafum I am now able to discern similar qualities in the EdP. The Parfum definitely has a more complex and deep character in this case, but I still wouldn't pay double for a 50ml. Before I parted with them recently, I opted for 50ml of the EdP for more regular wear and a tester of the Parfum, which is quite reasonably priced and honestly more juice than I would have gone through anyways.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Oud Dude View Post
    I've got a FB of the EDP on the way this week. VERY excited for this one.
    Congratulations on the purchase.

I placed an order for a FB of C&P Edp on the 10th, received my tracking the next morning and a followup e-mail from Adam today. They are very dialled in on the service end. One week to delivery if DHL has no issues. Also very excited as it will be my first foray into Ensar. Contemplating if and what would be good to follow this up with... Tempted to order quickly while the sale prices are valid.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by U2u View Post

I placed an order for a FB of C&P Edp on the 10th, received my tracking the next morning and a followup e-mail from Adam today. They are very dialled in on the service end. One week to delivery if DHL has no issues. Also very excited as it will be my first foray into Ensar. Contemplating if and what would be good to follow this up with... Tempted to order quickly while the sale prices are valid.
    I agree. I've placed four orders with EO over the last year and Adam has been a pleasure to work with every time. The gifts they include in the order are also a really nice bonus. I know the sale is really tempting to get in on as that's what pushed me over the edge on my new bottle. Currently the Oud Legends sampler keeps whispering my name...

EO service and shipping are very on point. Bought from them them many times...latest being c&p edp. Purchased on the May 1st, got confirmation email..ship next day, got an email telling me my item has shipped, and got it delivered to me in CA from Jordan on the 5th. In short, purchased on the 1st and by the 5th the bottle was in my hand ready to spray.

I agree. I've placed four orders with EO over the last year and Adam has been a pleasure to work with every time. The gifts they include in the order are also a really nice bonus. I know the sale is really tempting to get in on as that's what pushed me over the edge on my new bottle. Currently the Oud Legends sampler keeps whispering my name...
    The oud sampler is one of the best purchases I have made. I've gotten a ton of enjoyment wearing them and learned a lot about the various regions and distillation methods for pure oud in the process.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Jcelello View Post
    The oud sampler is one of the best purchases I have made. I've gotten a ton of enjoyment wearing them and learned a lot about the various regions and distillation methods for pure oud in the process.
    And that's exactly what I would hope for and was looking to hear concerning that purchase. Thanks for the rec, my friend!

Wow, Crime & Punishment. Incredible is an understatement.

Just noticed this never got a response. I have owned the EdP and Parfum versions of EO1 and EO2. I did not feel the Parfum justified the double price in either instance. With respect to EO1, I definitely appreciated a bit of added depth and a nice tea note in the Parfum, but there was also something that came off a little rough and scratchy on my skin. As a result, I much preferred the EdP, which I am wearing today actually. The EdP projects better, lasts a very long time on my skin, and is still comparable to many extraits in terms of depth and complexity. (I won't get into Sultan Leather Attar, but I think a comparison of all three is worth considering). As for EO2, the Pure Parfum was the standout for me. It develops beautifully over a very long period of time. The musk is exquisite. I pick up some very vintage leathery tones that really blow me away. The EdP did not impress me when I first smelled it, but having experienced the Pafum I am now able to discern similar qualities in the EdP. The Parfum definitely has a more complex and deep character in this case, but I still wouldn't pay double for a 50ml. Before I parted with them recently, I opted for 50ml of the EdP for more regular wear and a tester of the Parfum, which is quite reasonably priced and honestly more juice than I would have gone through anyways.
    Thank you for your insightful reply. It would seem that the EdP's are comparable to their Parfum counterparts, both in terms of scent and performance, at half the price. But with the recent release of the Parfum version in 30ml bottles, coupled with discounts on their site at present ($349 a bottle), I reckon it might be worth to get the Parfum version at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dothraki View Post
    Wow, Crime & Punishment. Incredible is an understatement.
    I wore it yesterday evening and the dry down was amazing. Even this morning I caught wafts of it that was so good.

Quote Originally Posted by j.zheyii View Post
    Thank you for your insightful reply. It would seem that the EdP's are comparable to their Parfum counterparts, both in terms of scent and performance, at half the price. But with the recent release of the Parfum version in 30ml bottles, coupled with discounts on their site at present ($349 a bottle), I reckon it might be worth to get the Parfum version at this time.

I’d say the Parfums are the way to go however the edp sampler is great value as well. It’s all down to preference.

Basenotes Plus

C&P arrived this afternoon and I'm wearing it now. Absolutely blown away. I have the EdP and it's going to be very difficult not to order the PP as well. This is what I want to smell like.

You guys are making it hard not to buy this.

Quote Originally Posted by bl00drunzcold View Post
    You guys are making it hard not to buy this.
    This is a matter of taste by imho, get EO1 PP before buying C&P PP. or even better, get a 9ml of them all!
    Currently wearing: Musk Khabib by Bortnikoff

Quote Originally Posted by FragSyndrome View Post
    This is a matter of taste by imho, get EO1 PP before buying C&P PP. or even better, get a 9ml of them all!
    I was thinking of buying the 9.5ml edp set. I've had EO2 and it was good, but it didn't blow me away. I haven't smelled any other Ensar's though.

C&P arrived this afternoon and I'm wearing it now. Absolutely blown away. I have the EdP and it's going to be very difficult not to order the PP as well. This is what I want to smell like.
    Excellent. I have the EDP on order, should arrive tomorrow or Saturday. Despite being six pages deep, there is very little actual feedback on either the EDP or PP. I am now a bit more excited. Anyone try both the EDP and PP of C&P and want to weigh in?

Basenotes Junkie

Been wearing C&P EdP for the past 18 hours having received it yesterday. It has a presence that other perfumes lack. C&P is more than an olfactory experience, facets of it seem to bypass conscious awareness yet you still know it is there. It doesn't come across as strong, to my nose, by any means, yet my spouse smells it two rooms away. This one is captivating and will take some time to even begin to understand. Best blind buy ever. Rolled the dice and ordered a 30 ml PP before the EdP arrived. Also have a 30 ml Tigerlust on the way. My wallet is in fear of where this will lead.

Been wearing C&P EdP for the past 18 hours having received it yesterday. It has a presence that other perfumes lack. C&P is more than an olfactory experience, facets of it seem to bypass conscious awareness yet you still know it is there. It doesn't come across as strong, to my nose, by any means, yet my spouse smells it two rooms away. This one is captivating and will take some time to even begin to understand. Best blind buy ever. Rolled the dice and ordered a 30 ml PP before the EdP arrived. Also have a 30 ml Tigerlust on the way. My wallet is in fear of where this will lead.
    Another user reported this same issue. Tigerlust is this way for me as well. It’s a soft skin scent that lasts over 12 hours but I get no projection after the first 5 or 10 minutes but if I walk out of the room and come back in the whole room smells like musk.

I have wore this EDP now on numerous occasions and really think it is stunning. I probably will venture to get the pure parfum at some point. I am so glad I purchase the EDP set it has been very rewarding to finally check out this house.

Basenotes Plus

I'm having a similar experience. C&P does this thing where what you get up close is not what you get even a foot away or out in the room. It's a prism that keeps shifting what it's showing you moment-to-moment. I don't get the big raspberry that others report- for me, the other melange of notes are there in support of the big three- oud, musk and ambergris. I do get coriander, ginger, pepper and peach peeking in and out. Castoreum is also in play. The florals are so well blended that I don't pick out the individual flowers yet.

Some of you may turn your nose up at the mention, but I really love Tom Ford's Tobacco Oud Intense. While TOI is a standard TF affair in that it's loud and pumped up with synthetic steroids- C&P shares, to my nose, some similarities in it's oud/corriander/castoreum profile. C&P is like the analog version being recorded through old tube gear while TOI was done in a computer, compressed all to hell and mastered to be the loudest track you'd hear on the radio. But that's just the oud side of things- and as I mentioned, this perfume shifts and sways throughout the wearing. Sometimes it becomes EO2-musk-dominant and then other times it's all just swimming in a sweet bath of glowing ambergris.

This is all just the tip of the iceberg and I'll continue to learn from this perfume for a long time. I REALLY want to hear comparisons of the PP to the EdP because as crazy as it may sound, I think I may wind up with both. To me, it really is that good.

What do people think of C&P? I loved EO1, I enjoyed EO2 but didn't wear it much. I enjoyed the Musk tincture, but didn't think it was well blended with the supporting ingredients. EO1 is a powerful, traditional Cuir fragrance.

How does C&P compare?

Quote Originally Posted by HabibiGotIt View Post
    What do people think of C&P? I loved EO1, I enjoyed EO2 but didn't wear it much. I enjoyed the Musk tincture, but didn't think it was well blended with the supporting ingredients. EO1 is a powerful, traditional Cuir fragrance.

How does C&P compare?
    C&P is outstanding. Unlike Tigerlust, which felt like an amalgamation of previous releases (I still love it), Crime & Punishment is fairly distinct. I think it is more complex than E02 and EO1. It has a fruitiness to it that is unique. The following association is surely personal to me, but I get a prominent salty, petrol vibe that reminds me of boats on a lake. Haha, that is the image I get when the ambergris hits me. Anyways, there is more progression, depth, and nuance than EO1 or EO2 IMO. If you liked those two, C&P is not one to miss.

BTW: My thoughts are based on the EDP. I have decided to upgrade to the Pure Parfum now that a more affordable option exists for it. I will do a comparison when that arrives. Hopefully a side-by-side if I don't sell my bottle of the EDP before the PP arrives.

BTW: My thoughts are based on the EDP. I have decided to upgrade to the Pure Parfum now that a more affordable option exists for it. I will do a comparison when that arrives. Hopefully a side-by-side if I don't sell my bottle of the EDP before the PP arrives.
    Ok, so my Pure Parfum was on the doorstep early this morning. I put two sprays on my wrist and two sprays in the crook of my arm. When comparing extrait to EDP of any fragrance, I expect better projection from an EDP and better longevity from an extrait. I have to admit, I am shocked by how bad both the projection and longevity are on this PP version of C&P. I can only smell it within an inch of the two spray points. Shortly after spraying, I asked my wife to smell, and she could not smell until her nose was pressed against my skin, and her words were, "it smells like a general sourness, nothing more." So, I took a shower, let my skin sit fragrance free for several hours, and sprayed again. This time, two C&P to my right wrist, and two EO1 PP to my left wrist. The EO1 has performed as it always does. C&P is a whisper again.

I really hope it is a matter of the C&P PP not being properly macerated, because $350 for something like this is a crime (and punishment) in itself. The EDP performs well and smells great. Very frustrated to write this post.

Ok, so my Pure Parfum was on the doorstep early this morning. I put two sprays on my wrist and two sprays in the crook of my arm. When comparing extrait to EDP of any fragrance, I expect better projection from an EDP and better longevity from an extrait. I have to admit, I am shocked by how bad both the projection and longevity are on this PP version of C&P. I can only smell it within an inch of the two spray points. Shortly after spraying, I asked my wife to smell, and she could not smell until her nose was pressed against my skin, and her words were, "it smells like a general sourness, nothing more." So, I took a shower, let my skin sit fragrance free for several hours, and sprayed again. This time, two C&P to my right wrist, and two EO1 PP to my left wrist. The EO1 has performed as it always does. C&P is a whisper again.

I really hope it is a matter of the C&P PP not being properly macerated, because $350 for something like this is a crime (and punishment) in itself. The EDP performs well and smells great. Very frustrated to write this post.
    That doesn’t sound good. I got fomo, didn’t want to miss the sale price, and ordered a 30ml PP last week and should be getting it sometime next week. I’ll be disappointed if it’s a skin scent on me.

Reflecting on my last post, I am hopeful that a little time in the bottle will be good for my C&P PP. I am going to give it some time and try again. I also plan to slosh the juice around a bit. It is very thick stuff, and I am hoping I may not have been getting an even mix of the ingredients, if that makes sense.

Reflecting on my last post, I am hopeful that a little time in the bottle will be good for my C&P PP. I am going to give it some time and try again. I also plan to slosh the juice around a bit. It is very thick stuff, and I am hoping I may not have been getting an even mix of the ingredients, if that makes sense.
    I hope so too because I loved the EDP so much I went for the PP. I hope over time the maceration process kicks into overdrive for us.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast