Code of Conduct
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 271
  1. #241
    Basenotes Plus
    Oud Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,128

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcelello View Post
    Ok, so my Pure Parfum was on the doorstep early this morning. I put two sprays on my wrist and two sprays in the crook of my arm. When comparing extrait to EDP of any fragrance, I expect better projection from an EDP and better longevity from an extrait. I have to admit, I am shocked by how bad both the projection and longevity are on this PP version of C&P. I can only smell it within an inch of the two spray points. Shortly after spraying, I asked my wife to smell, and she could not smell until her nose was pressed against my skin, and her words were, "it smells like a general sourness, nothing more." So, I took a shower, let my skin sit fragrance free for several hours, and sprayed again. This time, two C&P to my right wrist, and two EO1 PP to my left wrist. The EO1 has performed as it always does. C&P is a whisper again.

    I really hope it is a matter of the C&P PP not being properly macerated, because $350 for something like this is a crime (and punishment) in itself. The EDP performs well and smells great. Very frustrated to write this post.
    While I'm very disappointed to hear this I have to say that your feedback was what I've been waiting for all week and it's greatly appreciated. I was all ready to take the plunge and go for the 50ml as the EdP is THAT good. Guess I'll cool my jets and wait to see what you have to say after it hangs out in the bottle for a little while.

    Thanks so much for posting.
    Currently wearing: Triad by Bortnikoff

  2. #242

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Oud Dude View Post
    While I'm very disappointed to hear this I have to say that your feedback was what I've been waiting for all week and it's greatly appreciated. I was all ready to take the plunge and go for the 50ml as the EdP is THAT good. Guess I'll cool my jets and wait to see what you have to say after it hangs out in the bottle for a little while.

    Thanks so much for posting.
    I will be sure to share updates. I also hope anyone who had a different, more positive experience with the PP concentration chimes in. The last thing I want to do is steer anyone away from purchasing. The EDP was one of the best things I have smelled in 2020. The PP is definitely the same fragrance, just a different character.

  3. #243

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    After spending a bit of time with the Tigerlust PP, I have to say, Iím feeling a lot like Jcello... really let down. My first review was very dismissive, ďsure it smells great but it smells a lot like everything else ensar has ever done.Ē After some time I thought, I am being hard on a scent that smells great: EO1 + EO2? How could that be bad. Now, going back to it, I like the smell just fine but I absolutely covered myself in the stuff this morning and thereís been zero projection. Zero. Barely a skin scent. Iím not a beast mode type, I love Attars. This just has me absolutely baffled. Why would I ever spend this kind of money on a pure parfum when I can barely sense Iím wearing it. The only time it kicked in was while I was working out in doors and I donít think itís the type of scent meant for that. If the case is the same with C&P maybe itís best to stick to Attars and EDPs from ensar.
    Currently wearing: Douleur! by Bogue Profumo

  4. #244
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    329

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    After spending a bit of time with the Tigerlust PP, I have to say, I’m feeling a lot like Jcello... really let down. My first review was very dismissive, “sure it smells great but it smells a lot like everything else ensar has ever done.” After some time I thought, I am being hard on a scent that smells great: EO1 + EO2? How could that be bad. Now, going back to it, I like the smell just fine but I absolutely covered myself in the stuff this morning and there’s been zero projection. Zero. Barely a skin scent. I’m not a beast mode type, I love Attars. This just has me absolutely baffled. Why would I ever spend this kind of money on a pure parfum when I can barely sense I’m wearing it. The only time it kicked in was while I was working out in doors and I don’t think it’s the type of scent meant for that. If the case is the same with C&P maybe it’s best to stick to Attars and EDPs from ensar.
    This is the opposite of my experience with the Pure Parfum. I get great projection albeit becomes soft around 4 hours in and I get up to 12 hours on the skin. If I spray my clothing I’ll smell it for days as I walk around. I wonder if a new batch was made?

  5. #245

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Very interesting, castingshadows. I wonder too!
    Currently wearing: Douleur! by Bogue Profumo

  6. #246
    Basenotes Plus
    Oud Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,128

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcelello View Post
    The EDP was one of the best things I have smelled in 2020.
    Without a doubt! I thought about snagging your bottle when you had it up because it's so outstanding.

    Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    If the case is the same with C&P maybe it’s best to stick to Attars and EDPs from ensar.
    The PP of EO1 and EO2 are absolute beasts- some of the strongest scents I own so I don't think we can apply this across the board. I wish it were that easy! Haha
    Currently wearing: Triad by Bortnikoff

  7. #247

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    see both Tiger Lust & C & P are showing as sold out on Ensar's site , looking like they won't return

  8. #248
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    329

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by In Amber View Post
    see both Tiger Lust & C & P are showing as sold out on Ensar's site , looking like they won't return
    Oh they’re going to return. He already said in an email that this batch is winding down and a new formulation is on the horizon. Kinda like EO1 has gone through 3 separate editions and I think EO2 has had two. Even his sold out ouds make a comeback albeit a different nuanced scent each tome. Oud Yaquob is the second edition of Oud Yusuf etc.

    Edp’s on the other hand are gone for good. He won’t bring back that concentration in the future but pure parfums will for sure be on the way.

  9. #249
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    329

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    From the email

    “More recently, we added the 30ml Pure Parfum editions, listening closely to the requests of frag lovers and complying as best we could.

    The Pure Parfum editions are how I originally envisioned my perfumes, and that’s why until Lockdown we only offered the full-strength concentrations.

    Now, with the 30ml Pure Parfums available and the prospect of reformulating these perfumes again in mind, we’re discontinuing the EDP editions. I don’t plan to reformulate them again, so the EDPs will be a memorable edition to own, looking back at this unprecedented time in the history of perfumery”

  10. #250
    Super Member FragSyndrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    250

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by In Amber View Post
    see both Tiger Lust & C & P are showing as sold out on Ensar's site , looking like they won't return
    Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    "Now, with the 30ml Pure Parfums available and the prospect of reformulating these perfumes again in mind, we’re discontinuing the EDP editions. I don’t plan to reformulate them again, so the EDPs will be a memorable edition to own, looking back at this unprecedented time in the history of perfumery
    This dude is all about the money.

    You better believe the $800 / 50ml bottles will be back batch after batch.
    You can also look forward to many more $800 EO2 remixes to come.
    Currently wearing: Musk Khabib by Bortnikoff

  11. #251
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    329

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by FragSyndrome View Post
    This dude is all about the money.

    You better believe the $800 / 50ml bottles will be back batch after batch.
    You can also look forward to many more $800 EO2 remixes to come.
    Well yeah. He clearly stated that. He said edp’s won’t be coming back and those are gone for good. He explicitly states that he only plans to reform the pure parfums moving forward.

    He also said he’s releasing 30ml options which aren’t $800 so that’s still a great move on his end.

  12. #252
    Super Member FragSyndrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    250

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    He also said he’s releasing 30ml options which aren’t $800 so that’s still a great move on his end.
    Those 30ml bottles are just up-sized travel vials as far as I'm concerned. If I'm buying a full bottle, I want the full bottle presentation - and that's $800.

    Besides, who knows how long the 30ml bottles will be around for. Before long they'll also be a "memorable edition to own, looking back at this unprecedented time in the history of perfumery”.

    Ensar is milking his customers (myself included) for all they're worth.
    Currently wearing: Musk Khabib by Bortnikoff

  13. #253
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    329

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by FragSyndrome View Post
    Those 30ml bottles are just up-sized travel vials as far as I'm concerned. If I'm buying a full bottle, I want the full bottle presentation - and that's $800.

    Besides, who knows how long the 30ml bottles will be around for. Before long they'll also be a "memorable edition to own, looking back at this unprecedented time in the history of perfumery”.

    Ensar is milking his customers (myself included) for all they're worth.
    Is he milking his customers for all their worth or are you upset that you love what he does but you don’t want to admit that you’ll continue to sample and buy his work because it’s THAT good?

    I don’t feel duped. I don’t feel like I’m being milked. I know what I’m buying regardless of all the ensar haters that come out of the woodworks anytime he does anything that gets talked about but no one ever seems to hate the product as much as they dislike him as a person.

    I don’t even know why I defend him or even talk about his fragrances on base notes anymore.

  14. #254

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Too bad if he discontinues the EDPs— some of them were better than the PP, had better projection and were much more affordable.
    Currently wearing: Douleur! by Bogue Profumo

  15. #255

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    I had the same problem going from the 9.5ml “testers” to the full bottles.

    When I asked Adam... his reply was

    —“The Tigerlust Tester and the 50 ml bottle are the exact same elixir from one and the same batch, unless fulfillment made a mistake and sent you a Pure Parfum Tester instead of an EDP“—

    So I bought the Tigerlust PP and it’s weaker, lacking opening notes, less projection, less everything than both the EDP FB and the “PP” tester if that’s what it really was. Just disappears right after spraying.

    Spent a lot of money only to find the tester was the best of all and the PP was the worst. I hope this gets figured out.

  16. #256

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    Is he milking his customers for all their worth or are you upset that you love what he does but you don’t want to admit that you’ll continue to sample and buy his work because it’s THAT good?

    I don’t feel duped. I don’t feel like I’m being milked. I know what I’m buying regardless of all the ensar haters that come out of the woodworks anytime he does anything that gets talked about but no one ever seems to hate the product as much as they dislike him as a person.

    I don’t even know why I defend him or even talk about his fragrances on base notes anymore.
    Ensar Oud as a perfumer: Best, most amazing, most unique fragrances I’ve ever smelled. Incredible ingredients masterful blending. Magic!

    Ensar Oud as a person: I love it. He says what he means and means what he says. He’s a brilliant artist and tells it like it is. He’s a real OG.

    My only issue: Neither the EDP or PP full bottles were the same as the 9.5 tester for Tigerlust. All 3 were different.

  17. #257
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    329

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Dothraki View Post
    Ensar Oud as a perfumer: Best, most amazing, most unique fragrances I’ve ever smelled. Incredible ingredients masterful blending. Magic!

    Ensar Oud as a person: I love it. He says what he means and means what he says. He’s a brilliant artist and tells it like it is. He’s a real OG.

    My only issue: Neither the EDP or PP full bottles were the same as the 9.5 tester for Tigerlust. All 3 were different.
    This is where I have faith.

    Take Sultan Leather Attar for example and the most recent email he sent to his mailing list. With each reformulation he takes into consideration what the fragrance community has to say both good and bad. From my original sample of SLA to the most recent formulation (not the newest one that came out today) there was a serious change in quality and blending. It was like he smoothed out everything I found rough in the earlier version and amped up certain notes in the latter. Overall I feel like whatever comes next is going to be far superior to what we’ve seen. I’d rather follow a perfumer perfecting his craft than to see one composition sell out never to be seen again. There’s something collectable about one offs but I look forward to how Ensar enhances each reformulation into a superior product.

  18. #258

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    This is where I have faith.

    Take Sultan Leather Attar for example and the most recent email he sent to his mailing list. With each reformulation he takes into consideration what the fragrance community has to say both good and bad. From my original sample of SLA to the most recent formulation (not the newest one that came out today) there was a serious change in quality and blending. It was like he smoothed out everything I found rough in the earlier version and amped up certain notes in the latter. Overall I feel like whatever comes next is going to be far superior to what we’ve seen. I’d rather follow a perfumer perfecting his craft than to see one composition sell out never to be seen again. There’s something collectable about one offs but I look forward to how Ensar enhances each reformulation into a superior product.
    I haven’t tried SLA but do love EO1. If it’s anything like that I’m in. Understanding it’ll be different as an Attar. Only problem is I need to place another order (4-5 orders in past 4 weeks lol) to hopefully grab a sample. I dunno... still looking at some ouds I want from him. Those samples get ya! Now where to sell a kidney...

  19. #259
    Basenotes Plus
    911LambMelb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    485

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by FragSyndrome View Post
    Those 30ml bottles are just up-sized travel vials as far as I'm concerned. If I'm buying a full bottle, I want the full bottle presentation - and that's $800.

    Besides, who knows how long the 30ml bottles will be around for. Before long they'll also be a "memorable edition to own, looking back at this unprecedented time in the history of perfumery”.

    Ensar is milking his customers (myself included) for all they're worth.
    I think they need to be careful with their marketing.
    They're good at it, that's for sure. But it is very easy to see through for other things.
    It would be better if there was more mention/discussion of the fragrance, as opposed to "this is history, be a part of it" and so on. Just say you made a cheaper option and leave it at that.

    This is coming from a fanboy.

    Side note: C and P is sold out.
    Do you even niche and/or artisanal?
    Currently wearing: Kiste by Slumberhouse

  20. #260

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    All EDP’s have been removed from the website. Only the EDP testers remain.

  21. #261

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Tigerlust and Crime and Punishment are available again.

  22. #262

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by MaserGS View Post
    Tigerlust and Crime and Punishment are available again.
    I wonder why they were removed in the first place?

  23. #263
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    329

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Dothraki View Post
    I wonder why they were removed in the first place?
    They weren’t. He reformulated them and sold off the rest of the edp’s.

    You should sign up for his mailer. All of this is discussed in detail every few days or so.

  24. #264

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    They weren’t. He reformulated them and sold off the rest of the edp’s.

    You should sign up for his mailer. All of this is discussed in detail every few days or so.
    Where do you sign up for it? I’m a member on the website but missed where the newsletter signup is.

    Edit: nevermid I found it at the very bottom lol. So, they reformulation the PP? Or are you saying reformulation the EDP before they sold the rest off?

  25. #265
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Panama
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Dothraki View Post
    Where do you sign up for it? Iím a member on the website but missed where the newsletter signup is.

    Edit: nevermid I found it at the very bottom lol. So, they reformulation the PP? Or are you saying reformulation the EDP before they sold the rest off?

    From the EO email about discontinuing the EDPs
    ďNow, with the 30ml Pure Parfums available and the prospect of reformulating these perfumes again in mind, weíre discontinuing the EDP editions. I donít plan to reformulate them again, so the EDPs will be a memorable edition to own, looking back at this unprecedented time in the history of perfumeryĒ

    Too bad because I really wanted to get my bottle of C&P edp... Iíll keep my fingers crossed for anybody who want to sell theirs
    Currently wearing: Sayat Nova by Bortnikoff

  26. #266
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    329

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Dothraki View Post
    Where do you sign up for it? I’m a member on the website but missed where the newsletter signup is.

    Edit: nevermid I found it at the very bottom lol. So, they reformulation the PP? Or are you saying reformulation the EDP before they sold the rest off?

    Once the batches run out they make more and each time they make more they use different ingredients usually in the base notes and fix whatever was needed in the previous run. Ensar did a nice write up on perfecting his perfumes with each new release. EO1 has already had 3 reformulations

  27. #267

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    Once the batches run out they make more and each time they make more they use different ingredients usually in the base notes and fix whatever was needed in the previous run. Ensar did a nice write up on perfecting his perfumes with each new release. EO1 has already had 3 reformulations
    I see... so that means Tigerlust EDP was reformulated at least once. Because I have two versions. But I was thinking it could also be this... when making the ambergris tincture for instance, it will get multiple steeps. After the first couple I’m sure it gets weaker. Depending on which steep ends up in your bottle (1st or the 5th) could make it seem like a different batch altogether. Maybe it’d be better if he did the 5 steeps and mixed them to end up with something more uniform from bottle to bottle. Not sure if this plays a role but makes sense that it could.

  28. #268

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    “Call it mea culpa, call it apology, call it what you will” (Bill Murray singing in Ghostbusters)

    Crime & Punishment is great. Whoever composed it, smelled it, oversaw it. It’s very very good, in my opinion. What’s the almost mentholated note? Mint? Lavender? Herbs? It’s very nice and surprising. I’m wearing the EDP and I find it very light, almost on the verge of a criticism but it’s very beautiful so really no criticism. Although I do find the name funny considering it’s much less punishing than several of his other compositions!

    Good stuff.
    Currently wearing: Douleur! by Bogue Profumo

  29. #269

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    “Call it mea culpa, call it apology, call it what you will” (Bill Murray singing in Ghostbusters)

    Crime & Punishment is great. Whoever composed it, smelled it, oversaw it. It’s very very good, in my opinion. What’s the almost mentholated note? Mint? Lavender? Herbs? It’s very nice and surprising. I’m wearing the EDP and I find it very light, almost on the verge of a criticism but it’s very beautiful so really no criticism. Although I do find the name funny considering it’s much less punishing than several of his other compositions!

    Good stuff.
    Bill Murray props always appreciated.

    Yes C&P is excellent. There were some batch differences with both pp’s and edp’s noted recently. I luckily ended up with a Crime & Punishment EDP that’s beast mode. Even more so than the TL and EO1. I have a feeling the crime was talking negative about EO2 and the punishment was take EO2 and ramp up some of the notes over the top resulting in something awesomely different but similar.

  30. #270

    Default Re: Ensar oud crime & punishment





Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Conversations with the Artisan: Ensar of Ensar Oud
    By Basenotes Robot in forum Article Comments
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 19th November 2018, 10:20 AM
  2. Poll: what punishment for contravening a fragrance ban?
    By montagne in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 27th April 2016, 05:35 AM
  3. Replies: 121
    Last Post: 9th May 2013, 09:08 AM
  4. Fragrance punishment
    By jeffery_primeau in forum Yahoo Groups Messages
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29th January 2003, 03:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000