Code of Conduct
o
    Basenotes Member

Default Is the volume 1-spray from a sample bottle the same as 1-spray from a regular bottle?

I've searched for this and I get different answers. Some say 1-1, some say 3-1.

Also is 1-spray from a travel size any different than a full bottle spray?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Is the volume 1-spray from a sample bottle the same as 1-spray from a regular bottle?

Never thought about this myself. I would like to think that the volume from a bottle atomizer would be a bit more, but really not sure.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Freed from BN Institution

Default Re: Is the volume 1-spray from a sample bottle the same as 1-spray from a regular bottle?

Typically sample/small decant vials spray out less compared to full size bottle with regular sized atomizers. For regular sized bottles, some can let out a lot of juice while others let out a minimal amount.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: No. 46 by Chanel

In my experience samples spray out less than full bottles. This isn't always the case I suppose, but I notice I have to use more sprays to get the full effect of wearing a fragrance when I test it from a sample.
    Currently wearing: Sunshine Woman by Amouage

Basenotes Plus

Sample is less than full bottle 2-3 = 1 imo.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Varies. 2 to 1 in most cases.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

I usually go by 2 to 1 as well. If I'd spray four times from a real bottle, I test it with eight from a sample (two in each spot I would normally put one).
    Currently wearing: Sunshine Woman by Amouage

Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

Usually not. I use a generalization of 2:1, but there’s a huge variation in the spray volume from full bottles, so in my experience it could be anywhere from 1:1-5:1
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.

everyday i'm samplin'

3-1 small sample, 2-1 for the nicer ones.
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.
    Currently wearing: Déclaration by Cartier

Basenotes Plus

1:1 if tester/sample bottle is of the same size as the regular version as they typically share identical atomiser type. Ultimately it’s the size and type of atomiser that counts in addition to spraying technique and the remaining volume in the bottle that affect a single spray volume. A travel sized atomiser usually (not always) puts out less amount per spray than would its regular bottle counterpart.
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed