Code of Conduct
o

Default Alexander McQueen Kingdom

I've been lucky enough to get my hands on two bottles of McQueen Kingdom both EDP. The first bottle being what was called "recharge" the red plastic egg looking shape that you could get refills for...and the second being a big boy 100ml in that coveted bottle, two factors may or may not have something to do with this, that's why I'm writing this to hopefully find out......the 25ml came unboxed...looking and smelling it, it has certainly been stored properly.

The 100ml came boxed...and is a demonstration tester (From my understanding the only difference being between a tester and what's bought off the shelf is the packaging) again it's been looked after well.

My first experience with Kingdom was actually the smaller bottle I bought, when I first sprayed it, it smelt rancid...however after a couple of sprays and storing it now I feel best....hey presto we have filthy divine actual sex in a bottle!
    With the 100ml the same thing happened, first spray...it smelt rancid....it has improved over time with a few sprays and storage, but there's two things that are staying with me and the two bottles, that seem....unusual almost.

I have looked into a lot of different Kingdom reviews and some people say they smell cumin notes, others say they smell celery notes instead of the cumin.
    My 25ml smells cumin based and you get the hint of the floral notes in it, especially the rose and smooth vanilla. The 100ml on the other hand.....there's a slight cumin note to it in the dry down (the 25ml you get the cumin note from the get go) it's much more celery based with not a lot of the floral notes coming through. This happens when I smell is from the bottle aswell as on my skin.

The other thing about the 100ml is the actual atomizer.....when sprayed it shoots out in a stream instead of the standard mist, has anyone else found this? Maybe it's the design of the bottle....maybe that's the meaning of the quote "Pierce my heart again"

I wonder if each bottle had a slightly different formulation which might explain why, even though they are the same fragrance, they are slightly different with how the notes fall and which ones don't.

I'm really curious to know if any other Kingdom lovers have had a simlair experience with it.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Alexander McQueen Kingdom

A dirty-sexy scent. Congrats on your bottle! Only had a small ‘egg’ version though which I’ve quickly used up.

About your atomiser, try pressing the nozzle fully, vertically straight top-down and see if you can get a proper spray. Only faulty atomisers shoot out little streams...
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

Ahh that could be the problem, I think my fingers pushing it down at a slight angle. It is releasing a full spray, it's just coming out in a stream rather than a mist.. I'll give your advice a try thankyou �� I can see why you managed to used it up... That's why I jumped on a big bottle when I saw it. Now I've got it I'd feel lost without it. Funny how a fragrance has that type of effect on someone.

Basenotes Plus

Stranger things have happened before. I’ve had a popular fragrance packaged in a SQUIRT bottle! But I remember the old cologne splash bottles have inner caps that have a little hole in the middle.

It does... I thought it could of been a design concept of the bottle. Which frag was the squirt bottle?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rennell View Post
    It does... I thought it could of been a design concept of the bottle. Which frag was the squirt bottle?
    Armani Eau Pour Homme (vintage). The content smelled legit though. I have since acquired proper bottle versions.

I'll have to look into that one. I've never personally been a fan of Armani, I find them too sweet for my taste. The sweetest I get is Tom Ford Velvet Orchid. To alot of people that isn't a sweet scent. A bit like Dior Sauvage. I can't stand the stuff. I don't like the fragrance and bad experiences I've had, that person has been wearing it! That's the beauty of fragrance.... There's no right or wrong, just a shame that isn't applied to the rest of the world.

I agree it sounds like a faulty sprayer - that happens when the packaging is more style than substance. Another thing you can try is spraying it upside down until the straw inside fills with air and nothing squirts out - then flip is back upright and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    I agree it sounds like a faulty sprayer - that happens when the packaging is more style than substance. Another thing you can try is spraying it upside down until the straw inside fills with air and nothing squirts out - then flip is back upright and try again.
    Good tip, I just tried it and so far so good, I have a feeling it's one you have to get the pressure just right with, the first spray after turning it upside down was fine, the second was half mist half squirt, the second spray wasn't as much pressure as the first. the seller I bought it from was lovely, I spoke with them about it and they said they used to actually sell it, and there trying to spray cards for customers was always a nightmare for this reason, they did offer for me to return it for a refund, however I haven't got the heart to part with it, maybe in this instance "sub par" bottles were sent as testers.

Kingdom lovers are going to scream, I have managed to find a gift set, the bottle is 50ml...I might get, I know...I know.....a 3rd bottle, but when you see it, it's best to snap it up. If I do end up getting it, it'll be interesting to see if it's the same problem as this one. It might be something I have to grin and bare...if worst comes to the worst I might decant it into another bottle....somehow, without destroying this one...if you see another post asking such a thing, you know what's happened!

I had a metal heart which was the parfum
    Man that was potent! Beautiful drydown .
    Difficult for casual perfume wearers i think.

I remember trying this for the first time, spraying liberally before a four hour flight early in the morning. Boy, did I regret that?! I don’t think I’ve ever felt so uncomfortable because of perfume before or after.
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread
    Currently wearing: Amore Mio by Roja Dove

You wore this on a plane ???
    Lol i wore the parfum once on the subway had a few people running for cover..

Haha I would feel uncomfortable wearing it on a plane aswell, only because you are so close to so many people and it's not only a potent frag, it's very much love or hate. However if you want to be left alone it's a very good trick!

I wouldn't mind trying the parfum if I could get my hands on it, I'm in two minds about the EDT. I've seen a lot of people say the EDT is completely different to the EDP so that's kinda stuck with me.
    I would ask if anyone is wanting to part with their bottles of it, but I have a feeling no one would haha

The parfum was very very strong the drydown is wonderful but the first 40 minutes are not easy with this perfume. I'm searching for the edt now...

I've seen alot of people say the EDT is much easier to wear. Have you tried looking on the less main stream selling apps / websites? I've had the most luck there, even then the EDT seems harder to come by. But I tend to stick to English sellers due to transport and any possible fees. It's a real shame it's long gone.

What I did find intreasting was when I first smelt it... It reminded me alot of Chanel Allure Homme but without the cumin note and it isn't as complex sadly but it's a good alternative.