Code of Conduct
o

Default You guys are missing out on Fueguia

My girlfriend gifted me La Joven Noche from Fueguia a few months ago. The scent is comprised of 3 diff types of Sandalwood and smells amazing. Its lasts forever and projects well.

487ADD7A-1A9C-4278-8498-1A8333899F35.jpeg

Default Re: You guys are missing out on Fueguia

I visited their boutique in New York a month ago. Lots of nice fragrances, but very overwhelming because there are SO many of them. I did find a few that I'd like to explore more, but they don't sell samples and I'm not sure I want to spend what they cost for a 30ml if I haven't really tested them.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Visited their flagship store in Buenos Aires a few years ago. Incredible selection.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    I visited their boutique in New York a month ago. Lots of nice fragrances, but very overwhelming because there are SO many of them. I did find a few that I'd like to explore more, but they don't sell samples and I'm not sure I want to spend what they cost for a 30ml if I haven't really tested them.
    I feel you on that! I live in New York and yeah they had like 100 scents. My gf gifted me La Joven Noche after smelling it on a friend at a restaurant she works at. Very very good and unusual scent.

The one that I really loved getting a whiff of was Valle de la Luna, but I never got to try it on skin. I think about just buying it every now and then, but $196 for 30ml is pretty steep when I only sniffed it briefly in store and never got it on skin.

Nah, not at those prices!
    Currently wearing: Epic Man by Amouage

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

No.

I am in NY and never ever heard of this I might have to check it out. My only concern if they have 100 scents would not even know where to start but I guess I will start with La Joven Noche since I love sandalwood

Quote Originally Posted by kelvon View Post
    I am in NY and never ever heard of this I might have to check it out. My only concern if they have 100 scents would not even know where to start but I guess I will start with La Joven Noche since I love sandalwood
    Let me know how much you love it!Theres 2 boutiques one on Madison and one downtown

There’s a definite house ‘feel’ to these, despite the volume of choices. If you really like one, you’ll be sure to find others you like. I was able to sample quite a lot through successive visits to Nordstrom, and found them quite compelling. The presentation with the scents under glass cloches is lovely.

The sheer number makes it hard to evaluate in even multiple visits, though. I expect they would layer beautifully, as many are variations on similar themes, and overall there’s a unifying identity that makes them extremely complementary. There was a really lovely macrocyclic musk, as I recall (Huelgin, I think?) and I was rather enjoying some of the woods and florals, including the several magnolia scents they have. Overall, well worth a look if you can get to a stockist.

Definitely worth testing on skin first - these have lots of naturals, and so wear differently from person to person. The development is more in line with what you might expect from a perfume high in naturals too - so what you smell upfront may change quite a lot over a relatively short space of time. The samples I have wore quite differently given a little time to develop.
    Chypreish”:
    /ˈSHēpRAiSH/
    adjective
    (of a person or expression) to be desirous of an abundance of chypre.
    "Today, she was feeling chypreish”
    Currently wearing: Eau Illuminée by Delrae

Quote Originally Posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
    Let me know how much you love it!Theres 2 boutiques one on Madison and one downtown
    I stopped in on way home yesterday, way too many scents to smell at once you can be there forever. I just tested La Joven Noche, though I sniffed Jacaranda and that smelled really nice will maybe test it next time. They also had an extrait of La Joven Noche, forgot the price. I sprayed 4 times, two times on wrist, two on back of neck, and was surrounded by lovely smell of sandalwood for a few hours. I would say longevity was at least a good 5-6 hours of projection then turned into a skin scent, and by 7-8 hours I really had to put my nose into my wrists. When I woke up this morning I smelled nothing, though on the way to work I was still getting wafts of it I guess I accidentally sprayed some on my jacket on the back of my neck and smelled just as a good as yesterday. I really like it though still not sure if I will get a FB

I definitely have to go back and check others out, not sure if they give samples would be so much easier I forgot to ask while I was there.

I stopped in on way home yesterday, way too many scents to smell at once you can be there forever. I just tested La Joven Noche, though I sniffed Jacaranda and that smelled really nice will maybe test it next time. They also had an extrait of La Joven Noche, forgot the price. I sprayed 4 times, two times on wrist, two on back of neck, and was surrounded by lovely smell of sandalwood for a few hours. I would say longevity was at least a good 5-6 hours of projection then turned into a skin scent, and by 7-8 hours I really had to put my nose into my wrists. When I woke up this morning I smelled nothing, though on the way to work I was still getting wafts of it I guess I accidentally sprayed some on my jacket on the back of my neck and smelled just as a good as yesterday. I really like it though still not sure if I will get a FB

I definitely have to go back and check others out, not sure if they give samples would be so much easier I forgot to ask while I was there.
    Awesome! I really love La Joven Noche and it has a very unique smell due to the 3 different types of Sandalwoods. I have gotten a few compliments with it as well. Since most people including most fragrance lovers dont know about the brand you will likely not find anyone else to wears the same scent which is a great thing in itself.

I just tested La Joven Noche, though I sniffed Jacaranda and that smelled really nice will maybe test it next time. They also had an extrait of La Joven Noche, forgot the price. I sprayed 4 times, two times on wrist, two on back of neck, and was surrounded by lovely smell of sandalwood for a few hours. I would say longevity was at least a good 5-6 hours of projection then turned into a skin scent, and by 7-8 hours I really had to put my nose into my wrists. When I woke up this morning I smelled nothing, though on the way to work I was still getting wafts of it I guess I accidentally sprayed some on my jacket on the back of my neck and smelled just as a good as yesterday.
    was it the edp or extrait that you sprayed on?
    The humility of the Messenger of Allah

Al-Baghawi narrated in Sharh as-Sunnah (5/442) that ‘Aa’ishah said: I said: O Messenger of Allah, may Allah cause me to be sacrificed for you, eat reclining for it will be easier for you. He tilted his head until his forehead nearly touched the ground and said: “No; rather I shall eat as a slave eats and I shall sit as a slave sits.”

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in as-Saheehah, 544.
    Currently wearing: Silver Cologne by Amouage

Basenotes Junkie

I was at a flea market yesterday and someone was selling BNIB bottles for 13 USD. I smelled a few and they were underwhelming, I didn't even bother to google what they are selling, it was boring one-two accord fragrances just like Zara

Quote Originally Posted by abu abdullaah View Post
    was it the edp or extrait that you sprayed on?
    That was the EDP, I might go back and really sample the extrait to see if there is a difference.