Code of Conduct
o

Default GHALIYAT TAREEQ AL HAREER by Elixir Attar

Got an email today from Elixir Attar about this new one.
    Quite a long winded description for sure.
    Comes in only 1ml for $250.00
    I personally could not get enough pleasure out of 1ml - even if it was better than crack for that price.

GHALIYAT TAREEQ AL HAREER (غالية الذهب- طريق الحرير)

OLFACTORY DESCRIPTION

Top: Saffron, Spices, Hojari Frankincense

Middle: Jasmine Flexille, Jasmine Sambac, Jasmine Grandiflorum, Bridal Taif Rose, African Trumpet Queen Enfleurage, Floral Enfleurage Mixture (Jasmine, Tuberose, Freesia, and many more), Honey, Tobacco, Beeswax, Colombian Rose Enfleurage, Osmanthus, Neroli

Base: Vietnamese Oud (Oudimentary), Indonesian Vintage Oud (1994), Malaysian Oud (La Maison Khenata), Vintage Vietnamese Oud, Siberian Deer Musk Maceration in Vintage Mysore Sandalwood (2 years), Tibetan Deer Musk, Tibetan Deer Musk Absolute, Black Ambergris, Brown Ambergris Resinoid, Celtic White Ambergris, Hindi Vintage Oud, Kannam Thaqeel Oud (aged from the 1980’s), Vintage Mysore Sandalwood, Saffron Resinoid, Walla Patta Oud Incense Grade Smoke, Fir Balsam

When a perfumer is making a perfume or an attar, mostly one school of perfumery is used and some certain set of skills utilized in the process.

Let me elaborate;

Most niche and designer perfumes use synthetics and performance enhancing chemicals to appeal to the mass market and be able to mass produce a perfume.

Some cheap attars are the same, synthetic or mostly synthetic. Some others not, and even among these; commonly available aromatics are used.

When rare aromatics are used, experimentation becomes much restricted by the virtue of cost vs. result.

Oud based , musk based, or ambergris attars exist; however Tareeq Al Harir is a different story, even among the best attars produced by Elixir Attar nowadays.

It is by far, our best attar ever to be produced, and i can claim its among the best ever produced anywhere.

Elements of Tareeq Al Hareer come from the ancient Silk Road (Tareeq Al Hareer in Arabic) spanning China to The Middle East. Musks and ouds from South East Asia, roses and florals from the Caucasus and Eastern Europe, saffron from Iran and Azerbaijan, Turkish rose and Arabian spices all go in the production of Tareeq Al Hareer.

The idea for Tareeq Al Harir is not to sell a perfume or attar for a client, or have a client own a perfume or attar to swipe, it is really to own an artistic piece that contain some of the rarest, most beautiful aromatics that ever existed. The project started a year ago by researching, gathering and processing some of the rarest aromatics worldwide and processing even rarer ones. Alongside this process; deer musk is being macerated at the insane ratio of 40% in a mixture of the best artisanal ouds from Malaysia (La Maison Khenata), Vietnam (Oudimentary), a vintage Hindi from one of the most dedicated collectors of oud in the Middle East, a Thaqeel (thick like honey) vintage Cambodi from the 1980’s that is rare to find, a vintage 26 year old Indonesian oud sourced from the UAE, and finally, an exquisite Vietnamese that is just “right” for the job.

It has Bridal Taif rose, which is the rarest Rosa Damascena on the planet!! (40,000 roses to produce 12 ml of the oil).

Extracting deer musk musk is a time-constrained process, the longer it stays, the better it will smell- nevertheless we implied our artisanal experience in expediting the process significantly using surgically precise techniques to reach the desired goals by the time our other components were ready for further processing and mixing.

In addition to common maceration of musk, deer musk resinoid was produced specially for this attar!!!- its among the most expensive perfumery materials to date. Siberian and Tibetan musk were used to complement each other and give a three dimensional musky effect complementing the facets of one another.

As for ambergris, the finest Celtic white ambergris was processed, in addition to ambergris resinoid obtained from Tyson Mortensen, and a black ambergris from Indonesia, so we have three different types of ambergris, two different regions of musk, processed in two different ways, in addition to the six vintage ouds.

Saffron resinoid was then processed giving a yield of just 2% and used in addition to fine Iranian saffron thread maceration in French honey, again to give an insane saffron experience.

As for the roses and the jasmines;

Rose enfleurage, bulgarian rose absolute, African trumpet lily queen, and several more enfleurages , including but not limited to tuberose, Freesia, and jasmine grandiflorum were added with deer musk grains and saffron threads to compound the musky/saffron experience.

Not only does it have all these components, but we also utilized our knowledge to fuse incense grade Walla Patta oud wood smoke into the mixture using our secret methods.

Its a fusion of the French, Indian, and Arabic arts of perfumery together- not one art was depended upon, and not one approach, rather all; like the story it tells, the skills used come from all over the world.Utilizing all types of knowledge and the rarest of materials.

One of the things that will be offered with the purchase is a series of videos showing the making of many stages of it- including an insight into the secretive processing of Walla Patta smoke into the attar.

Plan to own a part of history, own a piece of art, that not only smells divine, but will probably be gone forever as it is simply not repeatable.

Alongside all the aforementioned insanely artistic venture, Tareeq Al Hareer has a small gift artistic Islamic inspired piece of Mogolian script Calligraphy on a Satin/Silk fabric to complement the beauty of the perfume.

Lastly, it is the first time in the history of attar, that someone manages to turn the color of the attar completely golden due to the presence of 24 carat gold inside, before that, some perfumers added a bit of flakes, which always sink to the bottom of the bottle, in the case of Tareeq Al Hareer, the color is gold, reflecting the golden ageless value of it.

Due to the rarity of the perfume and the willingness to share with as many people as possible, will be offered in 1 ml sizes in specially decorated bottles and boxes.

We offer free worldwide shipping and within one week of your order, as the bottles and calligraphy are made and prepared on a per order basis.

OLFACTORY DESCRIPTION

BEST THING I EVER SMELLED!!

Sound Scents

Default Re: GHALIYAT TAREEQ AL HAREER by Elixir Attar

I am happy that they are at least offering free shipping at the $250 per ml price-point. ;-).
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills) - tie
    2) Giorgio V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills) - tie
    4) Jasmin Antique (Rogue Perfumery)
    5) Dia pour Homme vintage edt (Amouage)

6)
    Anat Fritz and its reissue, called Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    8) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    8) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie

Ordered. Been meaning to try iris chypre from elixir, this put me over the edge. Also ordered aventus attar, cuz why not...also I didn't get free shipping. Maybe cuz I added the other 2...idk

Quote Originally Posted by avo1811 View Post
    Ordered. Been meaning to try iris chypre from elixir, this put me over the edge. Also ordered aventus attar, cuz why not...also I didn't get free shipping. Maybe cuz I added the other 2...idk
    I bought a 3ml bottle of the Aventus Attar. Very nice, you'll like it.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Please share your thoughts when you receive them.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

so it not meant to be worn but just smelt and admired, for supposedly what it is.
    The humility of the Messenger of Allah

Al-Baghawi narrated in Sharh as-Sunnah (5/442) that ‘Aa’ishah said: I said: O Messenger of Allah, may Allah cause me to be sacrificed for you, eat reclining for it will be easier for you. He tilted his head until his forehead nearly touched the ground and said: “No; rather I shall eat as a slave eats and I shall sit as a slave sits.”

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in as-Saheehah, 544.
    Currently wearing: Memoir Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by abu abdullaah View Post
    so it not meant to be worn but just smelt and admired, for supposedly what it is.
    idk, but im definitely going to wear it lol

idk
    well thats what is implied up there in the sales pitch
    The humility of the Messenger of Allah

Al-Baghawi narrated in Sharh as-Sunnah (5/442) that ‘Aa’ishah said: I said: O Messenger of Allah, may Allah cause me to be sacrificed for you, eat reclining for it will be easier for you. He tilted his head until his forehead nearly touched the ground and said: “No; rather I shall eat as a slave eats and I shall sit as a slave sits.”

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in as-Saheehah, 544.
    Currently wearing: Memoir Man by Amouage

Showed up in the mail today. Just put a couple swipes on the back of my hand. First impression is its beautiful, but idk if I would call it the best thing ive ever smelled. Could also do without the ground up gold flakes in it...

Hello Sir Vogel

I just checked your comment on base-notes regarding the free shipping offered with Ghaliyat Tareeq Al Hareer and why you DIDNT get free shipping��

Yes, the website has a technical issue, ��
    When we offer free shipping on one item it doesnt cover the other things in the shopping cart, weve been meaning to fix it to no avail
    The algorithm works only per item��
    Currently wearing: Blessed Baraka by Initio

Thank you for your feedback))

We now have an option to offer it without these gold flakes ����

They have no olfactory value , rather decorative����
    Currently wearing: Blessed Baraka by Initio

thank for reaching out! The gold flakes definitely dont turn me off of the fragrance, i am just indifferent when it comes to things like that i guess.

Basenotes Member Sultan al Hindi's Avatar

Showed up in the mail today. Just put a couple swipes on the back of my hand. First impression is its beautiful, but idk if I would call it the best thing ive ever smelled. Could also do without the ground up gold flakes in it...
    what is the best thing you have ever smelled (perfume wise ;p)?

Thats a tough one, but if i had to pick my favorite of all time i would still say Amouage Asrar attar, although there are others that are up there pretty close

Basenotes Member Sultan al Hindi's Avatar

Thats a tough one, but if i had to pick my favorite of all time i would still say Amouage Asrar attar, although there are others that are up there pretty close
    Nice, I never got around to trying that one whilst the attars were in their pomp.

Such a shame what they did to them!
    Last edited by Sultan al Hindi; 2nd April 2020 at 10:58 AM.