Code of Conduct
o
    Basenotes Member

Default I need serious recommendations!

Hey guys so im in need of some help. Im looking to step up my fragrance game and take it to the next level preferably super high end designer and niche but to my disadvantage my nose has been limited to all the wonderful fragrances out there. besides creeds main line up and a few Pdms and br540 I havent really experienced some real next level fragrances and need your advice in choosing. I pretty much know 85% of all out there just never got my nose on them. To get an idea im 25 i like to dress on the simple side but still look super fresh always lol, so i prefer non mature (older men) fragrances. To get another idea some of my favorites that i own are both Lhomme and la nuit, ultra male, adg profumo, bleu de chanel, AHSEE just to name a few. In terms of smell, from my little experience Creeds main line up is some of my favorite ever but performance sucks bad so im also looking for performance. Im open to any style/type of fragrance that fits me and thats crowd pleasing Thanks in advance!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: I need serious recommendations!

Have you looked into the Montale and Mancera houses? Explored any that appeal to you?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Have you looked into the Montale and Mancera houses? Explored any that appeal to you?
    Oh yeah i forgot to mention both of them, i used to own cedrat boise (amazing scent) but sold my 2019 batch because either i go nose blind to it or it truly only lasts a few hours, i also own black aoud by montale, i dont like it as much as i first did but i still do and its easily my longest lasting fragrance i own, i actually kinda dig those mancera flowery unisex fragrances.
    And even though i wear fragrances for me, it be nice to get some super fire that girls would love also

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Fragrance wearing isn’t a ‘game’, kid. It’s serious.

Thanks for that worthless piece of information grandpa, its not that serious and i never said fragrance wearing was a game, i referred my new fragrance hunt to a “Game”.
    Smd

Also adding among possible (re) testing recommendations especially Voyage d'Hermes Parfum, Creed GIT and OV, Dior Homme Sport, Hugh Parsons Blue, Tom Ford Neroli Portofino

The blue bottle series (this is not a blue bottle) of Histoires de Parfums have some that are modern in style, yet they feel a step up from mainstream. I forget which is which, though.

Amouage is a brand that tends to last a long time, though the style is probably heavier and more classic than the examples you mention. But perhaps some will do, like Beach Hut.

cacio

Xerjoff Mefisto and Xerjoff Nio should be on your testing list. Also TF Mandarino di Amalfi.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdan View Post
    Xerjoff Mefisto and Xerjoff Nio should be on your testing list. Also TF Mandarino di Amalfi.

Since Xerjoff was mentioned, XJ 1861 Renaissance from the same house is a solid choice versatile at any age and totally pleasant for everyday/workplace/office but also more casual wear

Quote Originally Posted by Foecartel View Post
    Thanks for that worthless piece of information grandpa, its not that serious and i never said fragrance wearing was a game, i referred my new fragrance hunt to a “Game”.
    Smd
    Great attitude. Clearly you missed his sarcasm and emoji... SHD
    Currently wearing: Reflection Man by Amouage

Sound Scents

Just look at the ones I have rated lowest and it should be close to your tastes. Needless to say, I think we have polar opposite preferences, so it seriously may work for you!
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills) - tie
    2) Giorgio V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills) - tie
    4) Jasmin Antique (Rogue Perfumery)
    5) Dia pour Homme vintage edt (Amouage)

6)
    Anat Fritz and its reissue, called Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    8) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    8) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by SilverbulletFrag View Post
    Great attitude. Clearly you missed his sarcasm and emoji... SHD
    +1.
    Foecartel, for the most part people on basenotes are good hearted and pleasant. No need to shoot fire.
    Currently wearing: Chergui by Serge Lutens

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Since Xerjoff was mentioned, XJ 1861 Renaissance from the same house is a solid choice versatile at any age and totally pleasant for everyday/workplace/office but also more casual wear
    1861 Renaissance and Nio are great choices particularly during the warmer months of the year. They're both great in workplace and casual settings.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Sous Le Vent by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    just look at the ones i have rated lowest and it should be close to your tastes. Needless to say, i think we have polar opposite preferences, so it seriously may work for you!
    lol.

Look into some Nishane as well - Fan Your Flames is a long lasting, somewhat unique, attention-getting fragrance.

In order to take it to the next level you need the following 5 fragrances:

Al Kimiya Hayat
    Xerjoff Al-Khatt
    Gucci Guilty Absolute
    Amouage Epic Man
    Penhaligon's English Fern

Report back once this has been accomplished and I will instruct you further.

Currently wearing: Sartorial by Penhaligon's

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Foecartel View Post
    Smd
    Pretty sure Diamond is in his 30's, so that means he had your mother at age 5, who birthed you at age 5, since you're 25, right? Maybe my calculations are off.

As for your topic.. why not just go higher end department stores like Nordstrom's or NM, where they have a massive selection of niche stuff. Then you can find some fire girls there too, and kill 2 birds with one stone.
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler