Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
o

Default Your SOTD chart rocket? The newer scents in your wardrobe that are rising fast.

I noticed today that Creed Viking is about to crack my SOTD all-time Top 5. That's pretty fast for me.

Anything you've bought lately that is climbing the SOTD chart at a fast pace? Anything about to enter the rarified air of your Top 5?
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Default Re: Your SOTD chart rocket? The newer scents in your wardrobe that are rising fast.

I love Viking after it's settled down to a skin scent. But the first several hours, I can't stand it. I'll have to sample it a few more times.

As of right now, I don't have any new ones that are rising fast. After Fahrenheit February comes to a close, I'm definitely trying out my newer stuff.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Ombré Leather by Tom Ford

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Your SOTD chart rocket? The newer scents in your wardrobe that are rising fast.

Absolute Sandalwood Oil by Clive Christian is on the brink for me.
    Last edited by hednic; 24th February 2020 at 09:31 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

All Is Beautiful

Eau Sauvage edt for me...
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Akro Dark

I just bought it two months ago, but it's racking up the wears very quickly.

Mefisto Gentiluomo saw an extended number of wears after I received my full bottle a couple of weeks ago. I almost picked it again for my daily driver this week, but changed my mind last minute.
    Currently wearing: Chypre Palatin by MDCI

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Akro Dark

I just bought it two months ago, but it's racking up the wears very quickly.
    Been wanting to sample that line. How's the longevity on them?

Dior Homme Parfum is a rising star for me. Interestingly I bought it in 2014 and sold it the following year as I found it too sweet. Shows how our tastes change when re revisiting fragrances at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Been wanting to sample that line. How's the longevity on them?
    I'm really only familiar with Dark right now, though I also have a sample of Smoke. Longevity is one of the things that I care about the most, and I do not have any problems with it.

I haven't really given Smoke a full wear yet, but I've tried it enough from the sample to know that I might need a full bottle of it, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    I'm really only familiar with Dark right now, though I also have a sample of Smoke. Longevity is one of the things that I care about the most, and I do not have any problems with it.

I haven't really given Smoke a full wear yet, but I've tried it enough from the sample to know that I might need a full bottle of it, as well.
    Cool, good to hear! Want to try Smoke as well, but the main one I really want to try is Awake.

Dependent

It looks like Jovoy Psychédélique has been strapped to my Atlas rocket. Eight documented wearings in less than six weeks plus a few extras I didn't track. Depending on the weather I should double my wearing count before the end of April at my current rate.

No, but thats because im currently trying to burn through all the samples i have laying around.
    Currently wearing: Al Mas Attar by Amouage

Lavande 44 by rania j. Just cant get enough

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    1. Sandalo by Lorenzo Villoresi
    2. Eau D'Hederin by Annick Goutal
    3. Neroli Portofino by Tom ford
    4. Gris Clair by Serge Lutens
    5. L'Ombre Dans L'Eau by Diptyque
    6. Colonia by Acqua di Parma
    7. Scandal by Roja
    8. Sublime Vanille by Creed
    9. Moon Safari by Memo
    10. Pour Homme by Paco Robanne

Honestly I've bought too many recently (26 bottles this year and planning on many more) to spend too much time just with one. I notice when I get a new one all by itself and that's it for a while, it tends to be my focus for a bit, but while I'm in my current buy mode, I've been mostly testing samples and wearing everything I've been buying.

Once I settle down to a place where I'm happy with my collection, really curious to see what I am drawn to the most...
    Currently wearing: Sunshine Woman by Amouage

Parfum de Marly Kalan. Quite polarizing in this community but nothing but compliments whenever I wear this one from the wife.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

Among the (comparatively) recent fragrance purchases, few to none were SOTD chart rockets- mostly due to the fact that older scents were worn even more frequently back then.

Partly, at least among fragrances bought and owned for a period of 5 years maximum after the first purchase, Habit Rouge, One Man Show Gold Edition, Lapidus pour Homme, Zino Davidoff and Boucheron pour Homme EDP were increasing in wear frequency at almost skyrocketing speed. While their amount of wears will probably further increase with little time intervals in between, as well as quite heavy SOTD rotations.

Freed from BN Institution

Two examples: Vintage Guerlain Derby and Vintage Givenchy Gentleman
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Acqua di Selva (1949) broke into my top ten in just a month.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Black Suede by Avon

Basenotes Plus

Hmm,

About a year ago it was Costume National Homme. Amazing, underrated scent that I 'sometimes' hear a few enthusiasts talk about, but it doesn't get nearly the praise it should.

More recently Creed - Vetiver Geranium has soared up my board. It's like Geranium meets a crisp champagne in one amazingly classy, elegant and upscale fragrance. This one has become a 'love' in the last 4 months.

I expect Tom Ford - Shanghai Lily to ascend my charts soon. I haven't worn it much since buying it because I want to get to know the scent first. I'm intrigued by it.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    but nothing but compliments whenever I wear this one from the wife.
    That's what matters!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I noticed today that Creed Viking is about to crack my SOTD all-time Top 5. That's pretty fast for me.

Anything you've bought lately that is climbing the SOTD chart at a fast pace? Anything about to enter the rarified air of your Top 5?
    Come on Chuck. Own up. You've owned Viking for 2 years. You've been spritzing this one on so long that it's no secret it's among your faves.

L'Homme Idéal Eau de Parfum

I got Bvlgari Black in November and it already has 15 wears. It needs twice that to break into my top 10 though, but it's slowly getting there.

My newest scent in the actual top 10 is Gucci Guilty Absolute pour femme - I have it since September and it's in the top three with 40 wears. Okay, I wore it since spring and drained two sample vials before going for it though.
    Three scents out of my top 10 are already finished and most probably won't be repurchaced. My focus on finishing them skewed my numbers a bit.

Mancera Red Tobacco as Sote or in the weekend but I normally only mention Sotd weekly in the thread; I do wear it often though!
    My Top '11' of main current rotation in no particular order:

- Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Armani: AdG Profumo
    - Alain Delon: Iquitos
    - Guerlain: Héritage (vtg)
    - Thierry Mugler: A*men
    - SA: Al Basel
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Mancera: Red Tobacco
    - Mancera: Aoud Vanille

everyday i'm samplin'

I wore Viking for Vikings games this year, so that was like 16 wears. That really shot it up fast.
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

Nerf Herder

Rive Gauche. Top 3 in a month and it’s about to deliver a gentlemanly wallop to Aventus. Only outpaced by my perennial toppie, Green Irish Tweed. Allure Homme Edition Blanche is the other rising star.

I kind of realised I need to wear more French Lover, though. I’ve used it sparingly thus far.
    “Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.” - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by tspencer View Post
    Come on Chuck. Own up. You've owned Viking for 2 years. You've been spritzing this one on so long that it's no secret it's among your faves.
    True, but my other big numbers have been out for a lot longer. I was honestly shocked by how often I’ve worn Viking.
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    True, but my other big numbers have been out for a lot longer. I was honestly shocked by how often I’ve worn Viking.
    I was surprised at how many times I wore Terre d'Hermes EDT last year. We all have those scents that we use more than we realize. Although I like Viking better than Terre d'Hermes. I totally get why you reach for it.

Chanel Paris-Deauville — enjoying a sample lately. Frequently, even. But the real shooting-to-top-ten fragrance for me lately is a bottle of Armani Eau Pour Homme that’s been in my wardrobe for many years. A fine vintage, full oakmoss. It’s straight from fragrance heaven.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Galop d'Hermès and Jimmy Choo Man Intense are mine. GdH is about to go Top 10 of all time.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines