Code of Conduct
o

Default My order for perfumers supply house:) !!!

I got my order from psh!! Now I love eden, I love pa, I love creating perfume, but OMG not only were the products fun and perfect, Christine is crazy generous w the amount!

Elderflower Absolute (Firmenich) what a strange and wonderful absolute, might take a minute to classify. No flowery,complex,a touch of hay, a dryness, a sharpness. I will edit when i have diluted and explored more.
    Hyraceum Abs 60% i was so happy to get this,i had previously bought some from another seller , and I could smell nothing! Sad! Now this is a gentle animal, almost fecal , but way too smooth, very bright , a layer of ozone.24 on the strip.
    Orange Flower Tunisia CO2 (Robertet) SOOO HAPPY!! Perfect , Beautiful orange blossom, so comforting, so happy!!
    Pear Natural (Robertet) the fruits surprised me, more facets that expected, some melon in there too, not especially long lived butveru happy stuff.
    Rose Petals, Natural (Robertet) i need to evaluate more, but at first smell delicious, and not a off note anywhere.
    Turkish Rose Absolute (Robertet) - i liked this one even more, a bit more character, lasted 30 on strip.
    Veratraldehyde, Natural have to figure this one out
    Ambergris Tincture 10%- New Zealand Silver White Gold so happy - again bought before , couldn’t smell, this is airy, a bit fecal , bit swet , VERY pleasant , i will fool w it
    Sandalwood Indian P&N - WOW N OT MUCH AT FIRST , but actually gets stronger later.48 on strip and still singing. Very very pleasant note, couldn’t be happier.
    Guaiac Heart, Natural (Robertet) - not sure, figuring it out
    Sichuan Pepper CO2 Extract (Robertet) - what a smell! I’ve eaten a lot of Hunan and Sichuan food, so yes it is the pepper but that is actually the back note, this is sweet, complex , 30 hrs on strip, and ozoney, bright, diffusive
    Cardamom Absolute (Firmenich) -I adore cardamom, and this is more beautiful happy long lasting cardamom, 48 on strip
    Ambrarome Abs. Synarome - labdamum and smoke 30-48 on strip( only smoke left)yummy
    Oakmoss DEC Absolute IFRA 43A (50% in EtOH) very mellow smooth long lasting oakmoss 48+ on strip
    Beeswax Absolute (Robertet) - 5g have to dilute it out to get the back notes but a very nice beeswax, very honey
    Cade, was a sample, very ashtray eventually calmed down , will have to mess w it
    birch tar same but a little less harsh
    elemi heart sample , always smells like fish to me ( but i like it) fades fast but very bright,
    cedar heart, sample cant smell will have to mess w it
    clear wood sample LOVED it smells very floral 24 + on strip
    Thank you Christine !
    I’ll review my pa order later!

Default Re: My order for perfumers supply house:) !!!

Love your enthusiasm, I love PSH and CP equally, both are very professional PSH dives more into the harder to find, top end ingredients while CP covers many more bases, yet to go through PA as I live closer to Susan so faster shipment . Both suppliers are important you can't go without either of them. Cade and birch tar smell the same to you?

I'm gonna have to check this place out ...reading all this excitement has got me wanting to buy things...

Basenotes Plus

I'm sending several new bases to PSH this week, Plumeria, Pear, and Rum.
    My Black Tea is going too, (she needs more), and the Leather base is going too.
    The Rum base is the same Rum that is used in Rhinoceros.
    My Pear is different from the Robertet Pear. I just smelled the Robertet, and got some Banana note bit. (I hate Banana in fragrances, so mine does not have any banana bit.) I think that both Pear versions can be useful.
    The Plumeria is the first Floral I am placing at PSH. It has an amazing reality to it, like standing under a full tree of Plumeria blossoms.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Quote Originally Posted by chyprefresh View Post
    Cade and birch tar smell the same to you?
    I opened 30 oils at once, put them all on strips, i have to take outside to smell them lol. Everything will have to be evaluated over time, this is quick impressions, depth will come later. I am searching for smoke, so now i have 6-7 and since they are pretty strong i will have dilute to figure out whats going on. Also i find that i have to learn to smell a lot of stuff, so.
    Paul i would have waited and bought some of yours! Does it have your name on it? I will have to get some next order!
    I am going to try to review a lot my stuff in mini, I know I like to read other peoples take on eos , acs, etc. i really like to know if it projects, lasts on a strip etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    I'm sending several new bases to PSH this week, Plumeria, Pear, and Rum.
    My Black Tea is going too, (she needs more), and the Leather base is going too.
    The Rum base is the same Rum that is used in Rhinoceros.
    My Pear is different from the Robertet Pear. I just smelled the Robertet, and got some Banana note bit. (I hate Banana in fragrances, so mine does not have any banana bit.) I think that both Pear versions can be useful.
    The Plumeria is the first Floral I am placing at PSH. It has an amazing reality to it, like standing under a full tree of Plumeria blossoms.
    Def waiting to make my purchase now lol, hype!

Quote Originally Posted by Jolieo View Post
    I opened 30 oils at once, put them all on strips, i have to take outside to smell them lol. Everything will have to be evaluated over time, this is quick impressions, depth will come later. I am searching for smoke, so now i have 6-7 and since they are pretty strong i will have dilute to figure out whats going on. Also i find that i have to learn to smell a lot of stuff, so.
    Paul i would have waited and bought some of yours! Does it have your name on it? I will have to get some next order!
    I am going to try to review a lot my stuff in mini, I know I like to read other peoples take on eos , acs, etc. i really like to know if it projects, lasts on a strip etc.
    Cade and Birch smell very similar but from what I recall cade was more of a grilled meat leather ashy smoke and birch is more of a smoky campfire and bacon. Cade has a little more character, looking to get more of it, I guess it depends on the supplier and how they distill their barks, so birch could be different to what I own. I also have stuff called Leather MD, very gorgeous smoke in traces similar to cade and my favorite of the 3.

First to be sure I don't communicate anything that's the opposite of what I'd want to communicate: Below I am in no way criticizing the fine suppliers Creatingperfume.com or Perfumer's Apprentice. I believe the reason the below is not the case for them is because they have wider selections, including stuff that's not so wonderful but can well be needed for given applications. So in an order of first-time purchases, quite a percentage of such may be present, or even all, depending on individual perception of course. Not their fault, it's the result of having such wide selections.

But the only suppliers where every single time I am always SO HAPPY on opening the package and trying each material are Perfumer Supply House and Liberty Natural.

Basenotes Plus

I opened 30 oils at once, put them all on strips,
    Easy there! LOL! That may be headache inducing...

Paul i would have waited and bought some of yours! Does it have your name on it?
    There are already a number of my bases at PSH, and yes, credit PK. Mango, Pineapple, Long Lasting Lemon (lasts 3 weeks), Root Beer, Black Tea, mmm, I Think that's all there currently. Edited: Oh, and Quince base.
    Last edited by pkiler; 5th March 2020 at 08:37 PM.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Paul i will get some yours next time!
    Bill i will be ordering from liberty naturals next- but i have a lot of material to learn so i am holding off for a little. It. Any recommendations ? Would be so happy to hear them...
    But i had one more from psh: civet- again one I had also received from another seller and could not perceive. Well I perceived this alright! Smells at full concentration like gorgonzola( which i love). I put it on a strip and after 24 hrs it smelt musky.and i am so impressed because after 200 + materials this is the first that has the musky in the chest feeling that I remember as a child. It is more of a feeling that a scent , so weird. No clue how to put it together, or if i even will but i feel validated that it exists and wasnt a faulty memory. I loved that feeling/smell as a child. So!

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    There are already a number of my bases at PSH, and yes, credit PK. Mango, Pineapple, Long Lasting Lemon (lasts 3 weeks), Root Beer, Black Tea, mmm, I Think that's all there currently. Edited: Oh, and Quince base.
    Hello PK, I have your Leather base from PSH - and as comments on PSH said - it smells just like a new leather..
    As the scent of Letaher base lingered in the air I opened Geosmin 1% and got really surprised how well they fit together. This was just feeling I got by opening both bottles in short time interval.

Since I am still learning, and limited with resources I have among me, do you have any more ideas where and with what Leather base can also be used?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by deselect View Post
    Hello PK, I have your Leather base from PSH - and as comments on PSH said - it smells just like a new leather..
    As the scent of Letaher base lingered in the air I opened Geosmin 1% and got really surprised how well they fit together. This was just feeling I got by opening both bottles in short time interval.

Since I am still learning, and limited with resources I have among me, do you have any more ideas where and with what Leather base can also be used?
    I am just finishing up a fragrance for a client based on using the leather and dirt, just like you observed. :-)
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes

Paul i will get some yours next time!
    Bill i will be ordering from liberty naturals next- but i have a lot of material to learn so i am holding off for a little. It. Any recommendations ? Would be so happy to hear them...
    What comes to mind immediately is concretes of jasmine sambac, tuberose, lavender, geranium, and violet leaf, and Jasmine sambac floral wax. Essential oils I have purchased from them have always been excellent as well, but as I review what they have (often several choices) I see I would have to go through what I have to make sure I was naming the same thing when saying especially pleased (very pleased would be true for all.)

Jolieo you're getting me way too excited! My carts are filling up! lol

Chypre ! I know exactly what you mean! Probably will review pa order tomorrow: I’ll share cuz i love to vicariously when i cant do it myself!

Yeah, I like hearing different perspectives on materials can give new ideas. I can't understand how there aren't more people with this hobby/profession. I guess that makes us special

Thanks Bill i was eyeing the waxes!
    I have such fun with my oils . I find i have put them away and resmell later, maybe over and over to place it in my memory w facets.

I got my cart ready to go! Just waiting on you-know-what.
    Last edited by chyprefresh; 18th March 2020 at 08:04 PM.

Can't wait for the new items Paul, how long does it usually take from when you ship, to when she lists them?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by chyprefresh View Post
    Can't wait for the new items Paul, how long does it usually take from when you ship, to when she lists them?
    Well, while she has received the shipment, as of Tuesday, but I still I have to bill her for them, then she will be able to price them accordingly.
    I sent here a text message and I would bet she would try to get them listed asap. I let her know that people are asking about them... :-)
    PK
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes

oh ive just died/.... my shopping cart that i thought would be saved in my account is now gone.... oh no!!!! the hours spent selecting....
    is it because i delete my cookies? or does the saved cart delete itself frequently?
    i still have everything in my internet history but the entire cart ?
    :cries:
    omg its not in my history cos i was using duck duck go. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

well that makes it easy, turns out im not buying anything anymore.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by nicotiro View Post
    oh ive just died/....
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes

As Robert Downey Jr says in the movie Tropic Thunder.....

”SURVIVE!

Nico I feel your pain BUT this is a long quarantine, and there is so much joy in shopping! Just Groundhog Day it tomorrow! I have no disposable income but every shopping cart is full,lol!

Nico I feel your pain BUT this is a long quarantine, and there is so much joy in shopping! Just Groundhog Day it tomorrow! I have no disposable income but every shopping cart is full,lol!
    lol !!!
    too true ! will try again at some point in the next couple of weeks i guess ( huge sigh due to specific inspired cart loading)
    its more the chance of getting comfortable doing that! being homeless per se has its disadvantages fo sure despite whatever savings from not paying rent provides

I ALWAYS make a notepad of the items I want and are getting, I simply copy and paste the shopping cart list onto Notepad and a separate section for samples, in case I delete temp files/cookies. You could also just screen-grab your shopping cart list but you'll have to end up typing out the AC names which is a little annoying. This same thing happened to me on many sites prior to my perfume hobby