Code of Conduct
o

Default What's Wrong with Jovoy Paris (shipping returned to Jovoy)?

All,

I ordered several perfumes from Jovoy Paris (www.jovoyparis.com) and it was shipped on Saturday March 6 via DHL express. But when I checked tracking, it says the package was picked up at 2pm and then returned to Jovoy at 6pm. No reason was given by DHL.

I emailed Jovoy customer service (they usually respond within 24 hours) to ask for the reason for the package returning to the shipper. It's been 4 days and customer service did not reply to me. I called them today and no one at the store picked up the phone.

Did anyone experience the same thing with them? How was your experience? This was my second time ordering and my first time was in February which was very smooth.

Thanks!

Eli

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: What's Wrong with Jovoy Paris (shipping returned to Jovoy)?

I just had a package from them arrive yesterday that was sent out on Friday with no problems. That's strange. Perhaps there was something incorrectly stated with the dangerous goods paperwork and DHL returned it to Jovoy, but you should have been notified. There's no excuse for that.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I just had a package from them arrive yesterday that was sent out on Friday with no problems. That's strange. Perhaps there was something incorrectly stated with the dangerous goods paperwork and DHL returned it to Jovoy, but you should have been notified. There's no excuse for that.
    Thanks. They are MIA now, not sure what was going on. I was being patient for several days, but there had been no contact from them whatsoever. I wonder what are my options?

Quote Originally Posted by Xpert37 View Post
    Thanks. They are MIA now, not sure what was going on. I was being patient for several days, but there had been no contact from them whatsoever. I wonder what are my options?
    It's Tuesday today. If the package has been returned on Sat evening, they probably noticed it on Monday morning, if not Tuesday mornings. (In France, people respect employees and let them rest on Sundays, and many retail stores are closed on Mondays, or their shipping service not working on that day).
    So technically, at the time you wrote this post, it was just 0.5 or at most 1.5 business days that have passed. Your option now could be to let a couple of days pass before panicking, as they probably will get back to you soon, and I am sure you can live an extra couple of days without perfume. Really.

They are cheaper than LuckyScent. If that makes you really unhappy, in the future just spend more $ and order from the US.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    It's Tuesday today. If the package has been returned on Sat evening, they probably noticed it on Monday morning, if not Tuesday mornings. (In France, people respect employees and let them rest on Sundays, and many retail stores are closed on Mondays, or their shipping service not working on that day).
    So technically, at the time you wrote this post, it was just 0.5 or at most 1.5 business days that have passed. Your option now could be to let a couple of days pass before panicking, as they probably will get back to you soon, and I am sure you can live an extra couple of days without perfume. Really.

They are cheaper than LuckyScent. If that makes you really unhappy, in the future just spend more $ and order from the US.
    Thanks. I do love their prices and their selections. That's why I have ordered from them before. I just haven't dealt with this type of situation in the past. I am pretty much used to quick customer service responses, being spoiled from Amazon and Fragrancebuy. In any case, I will give them another day or two and see what happens.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Xpert37 View Post
    Thanks. I do love their prices and their selections. That's why I have ordered from them before. I just haven't dealt with this type of situation in the past. I am pretty much used to quick customer service responses, being spoiled from Amazon and Fragrancebuy. In any case, I will give them another day or two and see what happens.
    E-mail them at these two addresses with your order number. Richard Salinas is the individual who handles international shipping through DHL: rsalinas@parfetique.com, rsalinas@pacifico.fr
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.