Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default SOTD: Saturday, 14th March, 2020

Scent of the Day Thread for Saturday, 14th March, 2020

Useful Links
    * SOTD for yesterday, Friday, 13th March, 2020 (FFD)
    * SOTD for yesterday, Friday, 13th March, 2020 (MFD)
    * SOTD Feature

Basenotes Robot's SOTD
    Today I'm wearing: Liquid Sport by Tom Tailor

Bloop bloop bleep

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: SOTD: Saturday, 14th March, 2020

The Majestic Vetiver by Alexandre. J

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

hello all, enjoy your weekend,

Dependent

------------------------------------------------
    For what its worth!

Freed from BN Institution

Happy Pi Day!

Going with Creed Aubepine Acacia today
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. Grey skies and drizzle outside and little sign of any activity with cars / people conspicuous by their absence. I am terribly worried about my parents as I have to help out on a daily basis. I am meticulously careful about hygiene / sanitisation but some things are beyond my control and the nature of my job renders it impossible for me to work from home. I use a train service that is regularly problematic and the only alternative is to use the bus when issues arise. In addition, I have a colleague who lives in east London and uses the underground to get to work. I may be responsible myself but how do I legislate for other people ?. On a lighter note - how typical that the football is put on hold (probably cancelled) just when my team are top of the table and with a genuine chance of returning to the Premiership

Pure Malt.

I need something to cheer me up today.
    I should have been in Nice this week but
    the corona virus has put paid to my travel
    plans - not that I have it but the threat is hanging
    in the air and is almost palpable.

I will wear Eau de Rochas Escapade en Mediterranee and
    dream of better times ahead. Stay safe my friends. These are
    scary times indeed. Hope your parents keep well, Jon.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.
    Currently wearing: Purple Water by Asprey

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Saturday, 14th March, 2020

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning everybody,
    Terribly hectic yesterday (no need to explain why)... I do worry about the economic avalanche of consequences that we are facing in the next weeks and months.
    So, our daily musing about perfume may seem ridiculous and out-of-place, but it will give us joy in our daily life. Count me in for Saturday drink sync (only one? *shriek*).
    En Avion everywhere around me. One can not go unnoticed wearing this.
    Stay safe

Good morning everyone Bright sky and sunny today. I'll soon be off to work... By bus, since I actually don't even have a Driver's licence. Sotd is Shams oud.

Hello all

Grand Amour by Annick Goutal
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: Woman In Gold by By Kilian

Happy Pi Day (3-14) everyone

Have a wonderful safe weekend everyone

SOTD is Tobacco Oud by TF

Blog Entries

Afternoon all!

No possibility of working from home for me either, or for anyone in the caring professions. Yet they talk about it as if it's something anyone can do!

Still, l'm not due back at work until Monday, so l'll be doing a bit more gardening today. There's been a couple of showers here this morning, but it seems to be brightening up.

At least l don't have to deal with what would've been a very stressful Old Firm game tomorrow, what with Rangers' recent shocking domestic performance. Every cloud, eh?

l'm wearing The Actress by St Giles today, from my sample.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Paris - Riviera... by Chanel.

Everyone take care, if you are out and about....

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone. My gratitude goes to all in the caring professions and my heart goes out to everyone struggling or vulnerable. One case of coronavirus was confirmed at my job last night. Yet the campus remains open and we staff members are expected to report to work, even though spring break was extended and instruction is going online on the 19th for two weeks. I am worried about bringing germs home to my 92 year old father who lives with us. I worry about my elderly in-laws too, both diabetic and one a heart patient. And I worry about my husband, who works for the largest hospital here in NYC. As a facilities operations manager, yesterday he was given three days to set up testing labs and quarantine areas.

I’m wearing Alpha Musk’s version of Byredo Gypsy Water today.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Polo (Cosmair)
    Currently wearing: Bijan for Men by Bijan

Kind of bummed about having to cancel travel plans (was supposed to leave today) so wanted to go with a scent that would cheer me up. I’m obsessed with Moth by Zoologist lately and even with a 70+ bottle collection keep coming back to it... so Moth it is!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Hello basenotes family!
    Please skip this post if you don't want to hear a rant.
    Thank you.

For those of you who don't know, I am the full time concierge at an assisted living & memory care facility. There has been an ever evolving set of demands for screening anyone coming into the building. That's seemingly a good thing...except, the communication is terrible. I got in trouble for asking for written clarification. My boss actually told me I was driving the E.D crazy with my questions.

Then yesterday, I was told to take temperatures of everyone coming into the building. Say what?!
    No PPE provided, no backup for my official duties, such as answering the phone, which is ringing even more than usual as concerned family & friends of our residents call us.
    No way to maintain "social distancing" if I take temperatures.
    I'm part of the venerable population, who is protecting me?

I'm curious to see what I'll find when I go into work for my shift today.

Perfume, you bet! I'm going nuclear patchouli, straight up essential oil.

Stay the f*ck away from me!

Thus endeth my rant...for now.
    Small decisions, made consistently, have huge impacts. Think about what you do, be mindful of the results. Accept responsibility for your choices & do not blame others for your behavior. I speak for myself.

My thoughts are with you RHM, teardrop, tdem’s husband and anyone who is caring for others who are sick or vulnerable, this is so stressful.

I somehow have to get back to Montréal by April 10th and visit my elderly parents in San Francisco before I leave. I have an air reservation on the 10th but a million things could happen by then. Debating about flying vs. driving with my husband. I started packing Thursday in case we have to make a quick decision to leave. But trying to remain as calm as possible. I hardly go out except to walk the dog.

Raining today, I am going to wear Amouage Interlude after my shower.

Loving, good health thoughts to all who are caregivers (professionally or otherwise), to everyone's loved ones, and just in general. I'll be working from home for the foreseeable future, at least a couple of weeks.

Saturday drink sync?!? I'm in. Today I bought some great (I hear) local whiskey (single malt, aged in multiple wine barrels!), and a case of our favorite, cheap red wine blend. Will raise a glass (or two) of one or the other tonight.

As I said yesterday, I'd bought a few samples from Luckyscent for yesterday's sync, but they didn't arrive until last night. So I'll be spending the weekend extending the Siberia sync for myself.

Today, I'm lemming Jon in The Different Company De Bachmakov.

Wishing all a safe and spectacular Saturday.

De Bachmakov fragrance notes: Coriander leaf, Bergamot, Fig, Shiso leaf, Nutmeg, White freesia, Cedarwood, Amber.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

Between two pine trees

I never quite know what to say when there are so many people worried, disappointed, upset, and under stress, but the impulse to comfort is overwhelming. Just know that when I read your words, my heart hurts for you, and I hope for peace of mind for all of you. These are uncharted waters we're all sailing. I'm glad we still have electronic means of communicating and interacting so that we aren't so emotionally isolated.

I'm totally on board with taking a little pleasure in fragrance. For me, at least, it soothes. Good food and drink helps me, too. I suppose there's something to simplifying and grounding in different ways in the 5 senses when things seem overwhelming.

It snowed about 4" overnight here, and the snow-covered trees are beautiful and peaceful. My nose, however, wants a bracing salt-sea breeze, so I'm wearing Mistral Patchouli today.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Stay safe, everyone.

SOTD is Moschino pour Homme
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

It pays to be a pack rat. I sprung two N95 filter masks on my son (kept from my days mixing up powder dyes for yarn.) I wish I had it on film. "Wha...uh, why...how???" Pffft. A woman of many, many junky hobbies tends to collect odds and ends. They are hella hot and steamy to actually wear.

My heart goes out to you, RHM, tdem, and teardrop. It's scary, but good hand washing with hot water and not touching your face will go a long way to protect yourself. Most people don't do those simple things--- short nails and nail brush are handy.

I don't keep hand sanitizer, but I'm looking at Nest's Amazon Lily and thinking...."You have a lot of alcohol in you, don't you....and I don't like you much." I expect we all have a use for our unloved blind buys! Extra points if they are real stinkers--it'll help with the whole social distancing.

I wearing Nest's Amazon Lily on my palms just to see the effect. I won't mind washing it off, that's for sure!
    A bull in a china shop doesn't take damage. She delivers it.

My best wishes for all in these stressful times.

Loewe 001 Woman
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

A drink or two to be raised tonight... in Tabac Blond!
    Everybody working in the health care system deserves our highest appreciation! We need to take good care of our elderlies.
    Love to all

I was thinking this morning that my life has been lived in interesting times. I remember JFK's assassination, Woodstock, Nixon's resignation, the crash of 1987, 9/11, the housing crash of 2008, the election of Obama, the election of Trump, and now a pandemic. This too shall pass. In the meantime, wishes that everyone remains disease-free. I will stay home and do those house tasks I always postpone because I'm busy with other things. It's snowing today (In Portland! in mid-March!) but by Tuesday my windows will be sparkling and maybe I will get around to cleaning and de-ratting the garden shed. I'm wearing Stash.
    If you can't smell me from six feet away, I'm not wearing enough.

It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Basenotes Plus

(((Christine))), I'm not surprised you are pissed off - what a bloody shambles

Joining the drink synch with a real beauty. ExtremeK this is probably my favourite SB. You must try it !.

SotE - Lapidus PH.

PS - Larimar, any chance of a few days in your log cabin ?. Great company, beautiful scenery, wine in the rack, vintage Lanvin on the skin = my idea of heaven

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: Pharos by Alain Delon

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Sillage Monster

Hello all,

I'm back after a three-week absence from BN. I haven't been away this long since my six-month hiatus during BN's Huddler period. (You old timers know what I'm talking about!)

Let's see, my week at the Tibetan Buddhist retreat center was amazing (no exaggeration) and then all Hell broke loose. Life and death stuff for a couple of family members. I and my immediate family are OK.

I'm staying home for a couple weeks at least. The pantry is well stocked, which is a good thing because the grocery stores are running out of food and supplies. Very weird. My husband and son teach in public schools which are going online starting Monday. God bless the health care and public service workers!

I'm wearing an oldie but a goodie: Tom Ford White Patchouli.
    Hey, let's be careful out there. - Sgt. Esterhaus, Hill Street Blues

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    I'm back after a three-week absence from BN.
    That's a relief. I was starting to get a little worried about you. Also about PerfumedLady, who's been scarce around here for a month. Hope she hasn't been nibbled to death by kittens.

I haven't been away this long since my six-month hiatus during BN's Huddler period. (You old timers know what I'm talking about!)
    Ah yes, I remember it well. It occurs to me that "Huddling" would be the opposite of what everyone's doing now.