Code of Conduct
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 403
o
  1. #211
    Dependent BruceB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    1,136

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    "Sunday in the Park with George" -- Broadway cast album (Happy 90th birthday, Stephen Sondheim!)
    Gen Mai Cha tea
    Vintage Miss Dior EDC



    Good idea. I'm going there next. In fact, maybe a Brian Ferry marathon.
    I think it sounds so good that I will steal the idea and do the same. In this order:

    1 - Boys And Girls
    2 - Béte Noire
    3 - Taxi
    4 - Mamouna

    And then go back to Roxy Music:

    1 - Flesh And Blood
    2 - Avalon

    Best,
    BruceB
    Last edited by BruceB; 25th March 2020 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Grammar

  2. #212
    Dependent BruceB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    1,136

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    - "Sensation" by Bryan Ferry.

    - Coffee; no cream, no sugar.

    - 1881 pour Homme by Cerruti

    Best,
    BruceB

  3. #213
    Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    13,066

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
    I think I sounds so good that I will steal the idea and do the same. In this order:

    1 - Boys And Girls
    2 - Béte Noire
    3 - Taxi
    4 - Mamouna

    And then go back to Roxy Music:

    1 - Flesh And Blood
    2 - Avalon

    Best,
    BruceB
    Awesome I am a big Roxy Music and Bryan Ferry fan. Great picks. Actually listening to Avonmore this morning
    Currently wearing: L'Animal Sauvage by Marlou

  4. #214

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over
    Gong Fu Brewed Puerh Tea
    Tom Ford - Noir De Noir

  5. #215

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    Just getting on a conference call, so no music for me
    Water
    Songes
    Chypreish”:
    /ˈSHēpRAiSH/
    adjective
    (of a person or expression) to be desirous of an abundance of chypre.
    "Today, she was feeling chypreish”
    Currently wearing: Eau Illuminée by Delrae

  6. #216

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    My First, My Last, My Everything--Barry White
    Bogle Chardonnay
    Lancome Sagamore

  7. #217
    Dependent BruceB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    1,136

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Awesome I am a big Roxy Music and Bryan Ferry fan. Great picks. Actually listening to Avonmore this morning
    Avonmore is a masterpiece.

  8. #218
    Wearing Perfume Right Now
    Bavard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    Quote Originally Posted by cologne connoisseur View Post
    My First, My Last, My Everything--Barry White
    Bogle Chardonnay
    Lancome Sagamore
    Ha ha. We really got it together, baby. Ah go on, then - I'm dialing it up.

  9. #219

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Ha ha. We really got it together, baby. Ah go on, then - I'm dialing it up.
    I love that song!

  10. #220

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    "Sunday in the Park with George" -- Broadway cast album (Happy 90th birthday, Stephen Sondheim!)
    Gen Mai Cha tea
    Vintage Miss Dior EDC



    Good idea. I'm going there next. In fact, maybe a Brian Ferry marathon.
    You've inspired me, will also listen to "Company" tonight. Bobby bubby.
    I saw that!!

    Karma
    Currently wearing: Teisenddu by Frassaï

  11. #221
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    5,180

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    Life On A Chain by Pete Yorn
    V8 Spicy
    Patchouli by Murdoch
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford

  12. #222
    Dependent BruceB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    1,136

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    - Commemorating its 30th anniversary, its sounding "Violator" by Depeche Mode (another masterpiece).

    - Merlot.

    - 1881 pour Homme by Cerruti.

  13. #223

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    Song: What a wonderful world (1967 ) Louis Armstrong
    Drink: Champagne
    Perfume: Bois Des Iles edt

  14. #224
    Dependent BruceB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    1,136

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    Song: What a wonderful world (1967 ) Louis Armstrong
    Drink: Champagne
    Perfume: Bois Des Iles edt
    Perfect trio. Very well blended.
    Best,
    BruceB

  15. #225

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lellabelle View Post
    Still listening to Joe
    A drink my husband has just nicknamed the “Quarantini” (gin, elderflower, raspberry liquor). The Eastern IPA is for him, from a local craft brewery.
    Still enjoying Moon Bloom, though she’s quietened down to a creamy phase.
    Ha! Sounds delicious, will have to try that one

    This morning:

    Neil Young - Don't Let It Bring You Down
    Mate with a slice of orange
    Loewe - Esencia

  16. #226
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    5,180

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    No song right now. Listening to The Bob And Tom Show. As morning drive comedy talk radio shows go, it's easily the best.
    Coffee
    POLO
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford

  17. #227
    Dependent DuNezDeBuzier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CITY by THE LAKE
    Posts
    2,956

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    Living on a Thin Line - The Kinks / Can't Find My Way Home - Joe Cocker version / Never Been to Spain - Three Dog Night
    Coffee milk & sugar
    R de Capucci - Robert Capucci
    Wanna Shop? --> Buzier's Sales

    MY TOP SHELF: Azzaro pH, Bel Ami, Blackbird, Blend 30, Cuba, Davidoff '84, Derby, Edition, Equipage, Jules, Knize Ten, Kouros, Leather Oud, Puredistance M, Santal Noble, Tribute Attar, Yatagan
    Currently wearing: Tribute Attar by Amouage

  18. #228
    Wearing Perfume Right Now
    Bavard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    I'm liking the song suggestions on this thread. The song of the day thread doesn't always load well for me - it often doesn't load quickly enough to feel worth it, and there's a lot of scary-sounding-to-me heavy metal.

    For a beverage this morning, I'll keep you in suspense. You might think you can guess, but you won't know for absolute certain until I type it and click "Post Quick Reply." You might say to yourself, "I knew it," or even say it out loud, or post it below, but no one really knew - or that is, they still don't know.

    For perfume, I've gone with Egoiste Concentree. I may have hinted as much on another thread - I could easily get 10 posts out of my scent of the day with all the thread options. Make that 20 with my scent of the evening! I almost went for two exclamation marks there, and even thought about an emoticon or emoji.

    A thread that also includes the songs people are listening to is a nice twist.

    Song: Edelweiss (various versions)

    The liquid in my cup is Sumatra (coffee, as you might have guessed).

  19. #229
    Basenotes Plus

    tdem1961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    9,647

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    I admire anyone who can get their day started without coffee first thing. My son in law says all he needs is a shower to wake up in the mornings but I doubt it would be enough in my case.

    Coffee
    Landslide - Fleetwood Mac
    Mariella Burani
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain
    Currently wearing: Trésor (new) by Lancôme

  20. #230

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
    Perfect trio. Very well blended.
    Best,
    BruceB
    Thank you for the kind words BruceB

  21. #231
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    Depeche Mode-Barrel Of A Gun

    Gatorade Fierce Grape

    Creed Aventus Cologne

  22. #232

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    Sing Sing Sing--Benny Goodman Orchestra
    Black coffee
    Creed Selection Verte

  23. #233
    Wearing Perfume Right Now
    Bavard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    Quote Originally Posted by cologne connoisseur View Post
    Sing Sing Sing--Benny Goodman Orchestra
    Keep them coming, cc. These are being added to my Spotify playlist.

    Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961 View Post
    Landslide - Fleetwood Mac
    I love this one, and cover versions.

  24. #234

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    Song: What a wonderful world (1967 ) Louis Armstrong
    Drink: Champagne
    Perfume: Bois Des Iles edt
    Sublime
    Chypreish”:
    /ˈSHēpRAiSH/
    adjective
    (of a person or expression) to be desirous of an abundance of chypre.
    "Today, she was feeling chypreish”
    Currently wearing: Eau Illuminée by Delrae

  25. #235

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    I'm liking the song suggestions on this thread. The song of the day thread doesn't always load well for me - it often doesn't load quickly enough to feel worth it, and there's a lot of scary-sounding-to-me heavy metal.

    For a beverage this morning, I'll keep you in suspense. You might think you can guess, but you won't know for absolute certain until I type it and click "Post Quick Reply." You might say to yourself, "I knew it," or even say it out loud, or post it below, but no one really knew - or that is, they still don't know.

    For perfume, I've gone with Egoiste Concentree. I may have hinted as much on another thread - I could easily get 10 posts out of my scent of the day with all the thread options. Make that 20 with my scent of the evening! I almost went for two exclamation marks there, and even thought about an emoticon or emoji.

    A thread that also includes the songs people are listening to is a nice twist.

    Song: Edelweiss (various versions)

    The liquid in my cup is Sumatra (coffee, as you might have guessed).
    Sounds like that Sumatra has plenty of caffeine . Enjoy that Egoiste Concentree! Wonderful choices
    Chypreish”:
    /ˈSHēpRAiSH/
    adjective
    (of a person or expression) to be desirous of an abundance of chypre.
    "Today, she was feeling chypreish”
    Currently wearing: Eau Illuminée by Delrae

  26. #236
    Wearing Perfume Right Now
    Bavard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lellabelle View Post
    Sounds like that Sumatra has plenty of caffeine
    A few mugs of dark roast does have a certain uplifting quality.

  27. #237
    Super Member SubUmbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    347

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    “Tower of Song” by Leonard Cohen
    Black coffee for, as Bavard put it, the uplifting qualities!
    Grev by Slumberhouse
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

  28. #238
    Dependent BruceB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    1,136

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    - The Temptations, "Psychedelic Shack", entire album (another masterpiece).

    - Coffee, no cream, no sugar. Yes, uplifting qualities are undeniable, Bavard

    - Eau´d Hermes.

    Best,
    BruceB

  29. #239
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    5,180

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    Reptilia by The Strokes
    Calypso Blue Raspberry Lemonade
    POLO
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford

  30. #240

    Default Re: A song, a drink, a perfume.

    Slow Ride
    ginger/lemon tea
    Mon Guerlain

    a~~




Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. A Song For A Perfume
    By NebelGeîst in forum Fragrance Thread Games
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 7th November 2018, 02:23 PM
  2. Britney Spears' New Perfume - but this one's a song, not a scent
    By joshuaang in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15th December 2013, 01:20 AM
  3. Perfume=Song?
    By anthem81 in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30th December 2004, 12:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000