Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SOTD: Friday, 20th March, 2020

Quarry, please tell us you are feeling better today!

24 Faubourg, I'm so sorry.

I spent the majority of yesterday on hold, from 10:30 until 3:00, with Air Canada, Chase Card services, and Chase Dispute services. Air Canada will refund my ticket cost minus a $600 "cancellation fee." Yes, just on a whim I decided not to go to India on the day I was supposed to depart after purchasing the tickets nine months ago. India closed its borders and suspended all tourist visas on 3/11 and Canada closed its borders to Americans on Tuesday, but I'm the one that's "cancelling." So I called Chase to see if "trip cancellation" would cover me in this instance. Of course it doesn't, so I called Chase Dispute services to dispute the ticket charge. Air Canada will say they refunded the trip but I'm hoping Chase will make them cover the cancellation fee. We'll see.

I want big and opulent today so I went for Mohur extrait.
    If you can't smell me from six feet away, I'm not wearing enough.

It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Basenotes Plus

Quarry, knowing you I'm sure you've taken your temperature. Are you feverish? Please promise us that you'll get tested if you start to experience any shortness of breath.

Foxbins: Grrrr. Just grrrr.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Goodness, Zdravets (Geranium macrorrhizum) looks familiar -- much like our native Wild Geranium (Geranium maculatum). You have the American version growing in your neck of the literal woods (it likes partial shade), C. I'll have to get down on my hands and knees to smell if there's any scent when it blooms. I've not heard of there being any.
    Attachment 121237

It's nice that the springtime songbirds don't listen to the news or care about what our retirement fund looks like right now. They're still singing.

I'm celebrating spring's arrival in the fresh, sharp, LOTV-like, limited-edition, gifted-to-me scent of Dior's Lily. It's like smelling salts for a hibernating bear. Awake from winter, groggy beast!

Thank you for the well wishes, ExtremeK, Larimar, CwAlice, teardrop, HoP. I'm pretty sure I've got COVID-19. Fortunately, I think I'm on the extreme mild end of the spectrum they talk about. The symptoms are peculiar to any I've ever had. More like a pressure and warmth that started up near the eyes and ears and now seems to be slowly sinking down to my throat. I hope some of you can take comfort in knowing how very mild this thing can be, but also please be hyper aware of these sorts of symptoms so you will isolate yourself faster than I did. This virus must be very easily transmitted. The only places I could have picked it up was at the grocery store or Kohl's 10 days ago. The local authorities advise to just sit tight if one gets mild symptoms, saving the testing for those who began to feel distress.
    Please take care. I hope this thing subsides over time and you get well. Really hoping you get well soon.
    Currently wearing: Epic Man by Amouage

Thank you, foxbins. I'm just so mentally exhausted from all of this.
    Favorite Houses:
    Hermès
    Rogue Perfumery
    Zoologist
    Amouage
    Frederic Malle
    Serge Lutens

Loves:
    Florals (especially rose, tuberose, cherry blossom, orange blossom, osmanthus, ylang ylang, immortelle, violet, jasmine, plum blossom, heliotrope, and iris)
    Orientals (especially spicy, woody, and floral orientals)
    Boozy notes
    Chypres (especially with real oakmoss)
    Rich gourmands
    Animalic fragrances
    Great longevity and sillage

Creed Bois du Portugal

creedbdp.jpg
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Sillage Monster

Hello all,

I'm up, showered, and dressed and it's not even 9:00 am yet. I'm trying to reestablish a somewhat normal routine and schedule. My SOTD is Shalimar.

All the best to Quarry.

I'm making the best of staying at home. I've been enjoying brewing pots of coffee in the percolator and cooking comfort food from The Joy of Cooking. Oh, and binge watching Breaking Bad. Hubby was working alone in his classroom this week but now he's required to stay home too. He's coughing nonstop. Nice.

Have a good day.
    Hey, let's be careful out there. - Sgt. Esterhaus, Hill Street Blues
    Currently wearing: Oyédo by Diptyque

Quarry, I was writing while you were posting. I am wholeheartedly hoping that your symptoms don't progress beyond mild.
    If you can't smell me from six feet away, I'm not wearing enough.

It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all !. Glad to have the weekend to recuperate after a week of total disgust towards the "great" British public and their selfish behaviour. So much for caring and pulling together. Glad the BN community is cut from different cloth .

(((Mrs Q))), wishing you a trouble free and speedy recovery.

In synch with Creed - Green Valley.

A nice sauvignon blanc this evening to wash away the blues

Basenotes Plus

Forgot to say THANKS again to everyone last night and today, for the words of encouragement and ((hugs))

Quarry - you sound calm...good for you. Sit tight and I'm sure everything will work out fine.
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Ohhh, big hugs to Quarry, 24 Fauburg and foxbins - for all the different reasons. I hope all the problems get sorted and Quarry gets better as soon as possible and without the heavier symptoms. Ladies, stay strong.

And some more additional hugs to Mike.

Smell Good, Feel Good

"We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour...you’re gonna see some serious s***. ~ Dr. Emmett Brown, “Back To The Future”

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread

Basenotes Plus

Quarry... Take it easy. No puttering around the yard, moving boulders, fighting crime in your neighborhood.

foxbins... Grrr. greedy, unfeeling, uncompromising bastards...

Fleurs d'Ombre Violette-Menthe by Jean-Charles Brosseau.
    Currently wearing: Poison by Christian Dior

Vibes to Quarry, 24 Faubourg, foxbins and all who need them. I never book with Air Canada because their service is so bad, sorry to say. They totally suck.

I am in the car driving back to Montreal where I will be quarantined at home for 14 days. Wearing Arquiste Anima Dulcis.

Quote Originally Posted by cazaubon View Post
    Vibes to Quarry, 24 Faubourg, foxbins and all who need them. I never book with Air Canada because their service is so bad, sorry to say. They totally suck.

I am in the car driving back to Montreal where I will be quarantined at home for 14 days. Wearing Arquiste Anima Dulcis.
    Have a safe journey!

Basenotes Plus

SotE: The Different Company - Adjatay.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: French Line by Revillon

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

24 Faubourg.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Best wishes to 24 Faubourg and to Quarry, I hope you pull through unscathed!

My Friday is spent in:

JB by Jack Black(2010)

IMG_20190926_144003_362.jpg
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Royal Water by Creed

Thank you so much, everyone. Will update if we end up having "the conversation" tonight.

SOTE is Zoologist Bat, the OG version. Just ordered a small decant of it and I'm glad I got the chance to experience it. Really sad it is discontinued.
    Favorite Houses:
    Hermès
    Rogue Perfumery
    Zoologist
    Amouage
    Frederic Malle
    Serge Lutens

Loves:
    Florals (especially rose, tuberose, cherry blossom, orange blossom, osmanthus, ylang ylang, immortelle, violet, jasmine, plum blossom, heliotrope, and iris)
    Orientals (especially spicy, woody, and floral orientals)
    Boozy notes
    Chypres (especially with real oakmoss)
    Rich gourmands
    Animalic fragrances
    Great longevity and sillage

Blog Entries

Hugs to (((24 Faubourg))) & (((foxbins))).

Q, glad you're ok, please keep it that way!

Hope Mr Trilby is ok, too.

All pubs, clubs & restaurants in the UK will be closing tonight for the forseeable future. l'm surprised it took them this long, to be honest. But l'm glad we went out last Sunday, because l had a feeling then it would be the last time for a while...
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

SOTE

Smell Good, Feel Good

SOTE:
    "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour...you’re gonna see some serious s***. ~ Dr. Emmett Brown, “Back To The Future”

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread

Hugs to Quarry, 24 Faubourg, foxbins, Mike, Mr Trilby and anyone else in need of one! Actually, I think we all need extra support and comforting right now!

My day scent was No.19 Poudre by Chanel & my evening scent was L'Instant Magic by Guerlain.

Take care all!
    Currently wearing: Daim Blond by Serge Lutens

Between two pine trees

Dammit. Quarry, take care of your wonderful self. And if you start feeling any worse, please do get yourself to a hospital quickly.

Foxbins, I owe you an email I'm sorry Air Canada is being so sucky -- and a $600 "cancellation" fee is highway robbery! I quite like Chase services, however; they've been great whenever I've needed them.

24 Faubourg, hoping for the best possible outcome for you, whatever that may be.

I had no interest in spring flowers today. Although it was clear and sunny, it was really cold -- 19F when I finally got out of bed. I went with what turned out to be one of my favorite fragrances this past winter: Rogue Perfumery Derviche.
    Currently wearing: Pulp by Byredo

Freed from BN Institution

Went with Chanel Antaeus this evening
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Thank you for the well wishes, ExtremeK, Larimar, CwAlice, teardrop, HoP. I'm pretty sure I've got COVID-19. Fortunately, I think I'm on the extreme mild end of the spectrum they talk about. The symptoms are peculiar to any I've ever had. More like a pressure and warmth that started up near the eyes and ears and now seems to be slowly sinking down to my throat. I hope some of you can take comfort in knowing how very mild this thing can be, but also please be hyper aware of these sorts of symptoms so you will isolate yourself faster than I did. This virus must be very easily transmitted. The only places I could have picked it up was at the grocery store or Kohl's 10 days ago. The local authorities advise to just sit tight if one gets mild symptoms, saving the testing for those who began to feel distress.
    That is very unfortunate news. If it's any small constellation the recovery rate for those in the Diamond Princess ship have been recovering (according to wikipedia), there's news of possible alternative treatments to the virus in absence of a vaccine. There's hope.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by foxbins View Post

I spent the majority of yesterday on hold, from 10:30 until 3:00, with Air Canada, Chase Card services, and Chase Dispute services. Air Canada will refund my ticket cost minus a $600 "cancellation fee." Yes, just on a whim I decided not to go to India on the day I was supposed to depart after purchasing the tickets nine months ago. India closed its borders and suspended all tourist visas on 3/11 and Canada closed its borders to Americans on Tuesday, but I'm the one that's "cancelling." So I called Chase to see if "trip cancellation" would cover me in this instance. Of course it doesn't, so I called Chase Dispute services to dispute the ticket charge. Air Canada will say they refunded the trip but I'm hoping Chase will make them cover the cancellation fee. We'll see.
    That is unfortunate situation to be in, let's hope for a positive outcome.