Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: Whats your go to signature scent?

I have several 'go to' scents:

Z Zegna - the everyday workhorse when I don't have a lot of time or don't want to think too much about what I'm going to wear to work Monday to Friday. Despite my rather large collection, I think this is my most worn fragrance ever. I've been through at least 3 full bottles and have several back-ups. Close runner up - Mugler Cologne

Rive Gauche Pour Homme (original tin can version) - another easy reach for me and my all time favourite that's appropriate for almost any occasion/season. This sits in pride of place at the front of my main wardrobe. Like the Zegna, I've been through many bottles (cans) and have many more ready in back up. I'll never be without a bottle (can) of this.

Acqua di Gio Profumo - this has become my favourite from the Armani line of 'Acqua di Gio's' and is another easy reach for me.
    My current top 10 (subject to change) in no particular order:

Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Essenza de Zegna, Zegna Essenze Amber Gold, Armani Privé Sable Or, Armani Privé Vétiver Babylone, Mancera Cedrat Bois, Acqua di Giò Profumo, Amouage Dia Man, L'Artisan Explosions d’Emotions: Amour Nocturne, Zegna Essenze Italian Bergamot/Acqua di Bergamotto

Voyage d'Hermes EDP

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lovescully View Post
    Rive Gauche Pour Homme (original tin can version) - another easy reach for me and my all time favourite that's appropriate for almost any occasion/season. This sits in pride of place at the front of my main wardrobe. Like the Zegna, I've been through many bottles (cans) and have many more ready in back up. I'll never be without a bottle (can) of this.

Acqua di Gio Profumo - this has become my favourite from the Armani line of 'Acqua di Gio's' and is another easy reach for me.
    Really love these two, but just love the first one a whole lot more, I gave it a 5/5 in my review. Incidentally, it's also my most-worn ever.
    Currently wearing: Sel Marin by Heeley

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Lovescully View Post
    I have several 'go to' scents:

Z Zegna - the everyday workhorse when I don't have a lot of time or don't want to think too much about what I'm going to wear to work Monday to Friday. Despite my rather large collection, I think this is my most worn fragrance ever. I've been through at least 3 full bottles and have several back-ups. Close runner up - Mugler Cologne

Been on the fence with buying Z Zenga I’ve heard both good and bad things about this one mainly performance but I like the stuff people say about it smell wise.
    Closest to a signature fragrance - Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ladida View Post
    Voyage d'Hermes EDP
    That’s a good one!
    Closest to a signature fragrance - Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    .....In the US, Pour Monsieur edt is only sold in airports, I believe. I've tested it in a couple airports, and the current version smells restored close to its vintage glory....
    Bavard.

That's gotta be the most miraculous and unlikely restoration in history: Pour Monsieur's light metallic citrus cologne of a few years ago to Pour Monseur's balance, abstraction and clarity "close to its vintage glory." I wish I had one of those bottles so I could smell what you're describing because I've returned every bottle I've purchased from Chanel over the last five or six years. Which airport was it? I'll go check it out when the Corona deal is over. :-)

I'm not into limiting myself to a signature scent. If I were it would probably be Sycomore EDT.
    Last edited by pluran; 27th March 2020 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pouring View Post
    In these times of self isolation with the Mrs., I have retreated to wearing her favourite on me (and hence my signature) - AdP Colonia.

Dousing myself twice a day due to poor longevity! But I have one very happy wife!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That is a great signature!

Freed from BN Institution

One that I have specifically for spring/summer is Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDT cologne concentree.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Been on the fence with buying Z Zenga I’ve heard both good and bad things about this one mainly performance but I like the stuff people say about it smell wise.
    Give it a try. It's quite good IMO.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Give it a try. It's quite good IMO.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Also, those of you who love Chanel pM, might wanna check out Lancom Trophee, they are strikingly similar, I actually prefer Trophee, because it has a better base. Chanel pM should have more oakmoss in the base like in the older versions. The fake oakmoss base of the later formulations of pM isn't nearly as good imo. Trophee doesn't do the fakemoss, they go more of a tonka/sweet powdery and slightly vanilla route, imo it's much better than fake moss. Fake moss smells like mold to me, and loses that real oakmoss essence. Absolutely worth a gander, if you love CpM, but don't like the base of it anymore.
    Couldn't agree more with this.

Natural born fragrance whore.
    "True change is within; leave the outside as it is."
    Dalai Lama
    Currently wearing: Chinatown by Bond No. 9

Terre d'Hermes Parfum.

Los Angeles, CA- too damn close to Scent Bar

After over ten years as a Basenoter, MDCI INVASION BARBARE is the first bottle I finished and rebought immediately.

It has become as much a signature scent as I will ever have.
    Currently Loving:

Bois du Portugal
    Invasion Barbare
    Le 3e Homme
    Ormande Jayne Man
    New York Intense
    Patchouli Intense
    Naxos
    Ombre Leather
    Clubman/Canoe/Wild Country/Azzaro Pour Homme
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed