Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: SOTD: Tuesday, 24th March, 2020

SOTE: Monsieur Balmain by Pierre Balmain

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTA

Currently wearing: Vetiver Geranium by Creed

I don't mind hearing about the tough times people are having out there, Trilby Lark. Cheerfulness is okay, and despair is okay as far as I'm concerned, as long as it is authentic. I love to hear how people are using fragrance to bring more peace and joy and adventure into their newly circumscribed lives, especially. I see the pictures of coffins piling up in Bergamo and Milano and count how many days before we begin seeing the same on this side of the pond. I have 3 first degree relatives who will not survive a triage should they get the virus, and 2 more in my extended family who are also at risk. Only yesterday was it formally acknowledged by local authorities that the virus is among us here although it has been here for quite some time already. Few people can get tested, so no one really knows much. So while I'm waiting to see how many people I know are going to die in the next several weeks or months, I will be smelling great in

Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois.
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

SotE is Ormonde woman. This scent makes me feel happy and relaxed

Blog Entries

Thanks tdem, PerfumedLady & Jon! The Eye Casualty has been much less busy than usual over the last week or so, & all outpatient clinics & routine surgery have been cancelled. As of tomorrow many of my colleagues in those areas are being moved to work in more acute areas of the hospital, & it's only a matter of time before we all have to follow suit. l must admit l am scared by the thought of this, having worked in my speciality for over thirty years, & the fear of the unknown & feelings of vulnerability are all too real. Especially having seen what our counterparts in Europe are already going through. We've received a bit of extra training though, & so far l'm still feeling well.

Mr teardrop has worked very hard painting the lounge ceiling today, & cooked a delicious steak & chips for our supper, so l'm appreciating those small pleasures right now.

Trilby, l understand your feelings of disgust. This whole situation has brought out the worst in some people, but it's also brought out the best in others. l strive every day to remember that.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: tba by Unknown

I am in need of a bit of sunshine so... Sunshine Woman is my SOTE!
    Favorite Houses:
    Hermès
    Rogue Perfumery
    Zoologist
    Amouage
    Frederic Malle
    Serge Lutens

Loves:
    Florals (especially rose, tuberose, cherry blossom, orange blossom, osmanthus, ylang ylang, immortelle, violet, jasmine, plum blossom, heliotrope, and iris)
    Orientals (especially spicy, woody, and floral orientals)
    Boozy notes
    Chypres (especially with real oakmoss)
    Rich gourmands
    Animalic fragrances
    Great longevity and sillage

Freed from BN Institution

SOTE was Creed Bayrhum Vetiver
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Sillage Monster

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post

Trilby l understand your feelings of disgust. This whole situation has brought out the worst in some people, but it's also brought out the best in others. l strive every day to remember that.
    Wise words, teardrop. Thank you.
    Hey, let's be careful out there. - Sgt. Esterhaus, Hill Street Blues
    Currently wearing: Eau des Sens by Diptyque

Sillage Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Zilpha View Post
    I don't mind hearing about the tough times people are having out there, Trilby Lark. Cheerfulness is okay, and despair is okay as far as I'm concerned, as long as it is authentic. I love to hear how people are using fragrance to bring more peace and joy and adventure into their newly circumscribed lives, especially. I see the pictures of coffins piling up in Bergamo and Milano and count how many days before we begin seeing the same on this side of the pond. I have 3 first degree relatives who will not survive a triage should they get the virus, and 2 more in my extended family who are also at risk. Only yesterday was it formally acknowledged by local authorities that the virus is among us here although it has been here for quite some time already. Few people can get tested, so no one really knows much. So while I'm waiting to see how many people I know are going to die in the next several weeks or months, I will be smelling great in

Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois.
    Zilpha, your post moved me deeply. I have many people I worry about too, including myself.
    Hey, let's be careful out there. - Sgt. Esterhaus, Hill Street Blues
    Currently wearing: Eau des Sens by Diptyque