Code of Conduct

Default Bvlgari Eau Parfume au Th Noir vs Eau Parfume au Th Noir Intense

Does anyone have an opinion on which of these two is better? the EDC or EDC intense? In a book called Perfumes The Guide I believe the author references the EDC version but there is no way to know other than the absence of the word "Intense".
    Currently wearing: XJ 1861 Zefiro by Xerjoff

Banned

Default Re: Bvlgari Eau Parfume au Th Noir vs Eau Parfume au Th Noir Intense

I only have Bvlgari au Th Verte, and I like it very much. Can anyone explain the difference between the Verte and Noir versions?
    Currently wearing: Black Aoud by Montale

Quote Originally Posted by MassivelyTouched View Post
    Does anyone have an opinion on which of these two is better? the EDC or EDC intense? In a book called Perfumes The Guide I believe the author references the EDC version but there is no way to know other than the absence of the word "Intense".
    I also wondered the same recently, but two things have lead me to assume Turin was reviewing the EDC, not the EDC Intense:

1. According to Fragrantica, the EDC was released in 2016, whereas the EDC Intense was released in the 2018, which was the same year the guide was published. I would imagine due to the publishing timeline that Turin and Sanchez would have wrapped up much of the reviewing by 2018, before the EDC Intense was released.

2. I have tested both the EDC and the EDC Intense side by side, and found the difference between them isn't just of concentration/strength, but actual scent profile. In the EDC, all the different facets of the fragrance are superbly balanced, with the result being a smoky/dark yet light/ethereal accord that for me, registers somewhere between black tea and incense. This scent profile seems to match Turin's comments in his review, where he speaks about the perfume being like "joinery ... everything dovetails smoothly into everything else". Whereas in my experienced EDC Intense lacks the same balance of the EDC; the tea and other supporting notes (patchouli, green tobacco) are less prominent and a 'band-aid' oud/rose combination takes centre-stage, making the EDC Intense a bit more conventional in it's scent profile. In addition, Turin refers to the rose note in his review as being "a lemony-rosy accord", which is a facet that I found very much present in the EDC but not the EDC Intense (the rose note is much sweeter in the EDC intense).

Both versions are good btw, but for the reasons stated in #2 I prefer the EDC. Hope that helps!

EDIT: Hm, got bored and tested the EDC vs my EDC intense sample side by side again today and found the difference in profile between these two is nowhere near as big as I remember. This could be down to changes in the juice due to age in bottle (my previous test was approx. 6 months ago) or maybe my memory was faulty. Either way, I still found the EDC intense does have a stronger oud note and a sweeter rose vs the EDC, but now I'd say the difference between them is 5-10%, whereas previously I had thought it was closer to 20%. I still maintain that Turin was reviewing the EDC due to #1 above, but my position has changed, and I don't think one is necessarily better than the other.
    Last edited by Nido; 8th June 2020 at 03:49 PM.

Thanks for the description.I love the edc, I managed to score two bottle at TJ maxx when it was ddiscontinued. I had never seen the intense,not sure it was marketed here. The edc is exactly as you describe-so now I know that even if i see the intense, I don't have to rush to buy it.

Check my edit above cacio!

Thanks!