Code of Conduct

Default Dew/water/ozone ingredient

Hello helpful people Have a question around water/dew ingredient, accord. I do want to create fresh humid/moist perfume with berries but dont know how to recreate that feeling. Best perfume in this genre i can reference is Aqua Celestia by francis kurkdijan. Looking at the notes, he has mint, but i havent seen mint give same effect. Lemon doesn't do it either. Cucumber oil???? If such oil even exist?

Please help and thanks all

Default Re: Dew/water/ozone ingredient

Fresh, humid, moist......sounds aquatic to me. You may want to look into ingredients Melonal and or Calone

Dependent

Cucumber aldehyde, Helional, Cyclozonal

I looked through some notes and found geosmin and petrichor.

@ Bkkorn - acquatic can be different. I am definitely not looking for something like Aqua di gio. That one is like hot showet aquatic and is not pleasant to me. Would melonal have a sweet tinge to it or not? Thank you for suggestion

Thanks Chyprefresh, will try to look for place that sells those.

Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post
    I looked through some notes and found geosmin and petrichor.

@ Bkkorn - acquatic can be different. I am definitely not looking for something like Aqua di gio. That one is like hot showet aquatic and is not pleasant to me. Would melonal have a sweet tinge to it or not? Thank you for suggestion

Thanks Chyprefresh, will try to look for place that sells those.
    What kind of scent are you going for overall? When you say “fresh, humid, moist, and cucumber, mint, berries”...I instantly think some sort of cocktail. Is this what your going for?

About melonal, I’m still toying with it as I’ve just got some 2 weeks ago. But for what I get from it, it’s very ozonic, airy, clean aqua....with a touch of light melon behind it (not watermelon per say, but a bit more transparent melon like honeydew). I wouldn’t call it sweet, but it does impart a airy freshness and juicy melon twist. If I were to some this ingrediant up in one word...that word would be “refreshing”

Dependent

Also, Susan made an amazing accord at creatingperfume called Mountain Air, might be right up your alley. A touch of oakmoss absolute could give humid, moist green effects, vetiver acetate for some humidity, hay-like tonality with Helional, and perhaps also some patchouli to dirty it up.

Quote Originally Posted by chyprefresh View Post
    Also, Susan made an amazing accord at creatingperfume called Mountain Air, might be right up your alley. A touch of oakmoss absolute could give humid, mossy effects, vetiver acetate too, and perhaps also some patchouli to dirty it up.
    How is that mountain Air accord? I keep browsing past it every other day as i window shop, and that one always intrigued me...

Oh and if we are going for a wet, humid mossy effect....Perfumers apprentice has “treemoss” relatively cheap now. It’s like Oakmoss, but a touch cleaner and not as earthy/dirty. I just got a bottle and dig it!

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Bkkorn View Post
    How is that mountain Air accord? I keep browsing past it every other day as i window shop, and that one always intrigued me...
    Smells like the mountains after a brief rain in the morning or something, like a breath of fresh cool air. Probabaly has a trace of Geosmin in it, which I also recommend OP to look into.

The ideas can be so subjective that it's a hard question to answer. For berries, I recommend phenirat and berryflor. Acalea might fit too. One thing I have recently discovered that smell like fresh clean wet orange blossom is aldinyle and since it's fairly long-lasting it's great!!

I too also appreciate CP mountain air. Keep in mind that IMO it is deceptively strong!

Basenotes Plus

"water" is elusive, and takes excellent balancing of seemingly unrelated materials.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Thank you all for input. To clarify on my original post: i am looking for a material that will provide clear, clean, crisp, cold, moist, aquatic touch to my blend. Since i didnt know what material, i used Acqua celestia as reference, since it is the most cold and properly crisp perfume i have found to date. Looking at note breakdown, there was mint and lime, which i have as oils, but they dont provide such effect i am looking for. So as another item i thought of is cucumber. Its moist ozonic, but i would hope without cucumber smell.
    Per messages above, oakmoss, vetiver, patchouli dont provide what i am looking for. Has to be crisp water/ozone feel.

As for my blend, i am not sure about what will go in as of yet, but i would want it to be clean ozonic refreshing with a touch of berries. Black berries and a touch of raspberry. But not limited. I want to have it for summer months.

Melonal sounds interesting, but i would use it for other blends.

Mountain air does sound like something i am looking for. And geosmin does sound like it is good option to discover.

You should check out this formula for Perfumers apprentice “marine & ozone accord”. I have it, and it’s a very aqua refreshing scent. It’s not too marine in a sense where it smells like seaweed or ocean....it’s just a good backbone for a clean aqua palette. Check out what ingredients they used to get you an idea of how they went about building it.

https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com...ula/marine.pdf

See theses, some I don't know:

Hedione
    Dihydro myrcenol
    Floralozone
    Veloutone
    Undecavertol
    Aliphatic aldehydes (c-08 to c-12s)
    Myrac aldehyde
    Adoxal
    Aphermate/aquamate
    Neo hivernal
    Triplal
    Aquaflora
    Last edited by Finelikeanoyster; 27th March 2020 at 10:57 AM.
    ''[...] The perfumery is in such a state so badly, that even Johnson's talc lost their essence [...]''
    Currently wearing: Tai Winds by Avon

PA Marine & Ozone
    I recreated that accord - to me it smells like the core of Acqua di Gio.

Have you tried scentenal?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by James Peterson View Post
    Have you tried scentenal?
    Scentenal is a great idea....

And just a note: Because of the postponement of WPA in Florida this year, I am not sure when this might happen, but (insert big company name) will be releasing a captive ozonic at some point, (soon, i hope). I should refrain from spilling the beans, though, so I won't tell. But it is a very nice molecule, and I expect they will sell a lot of it.

The (insert big company name) North American Director of raw materials was kind enough to send me about 4 ounces of sample... (I was asking about another ozonic that I got from India, but India won't sell it to me now... maybe they got worried about patent infringement...?) He regretted not being able to sell me what I asked about, but mentioned the other about to be released.

I'm sure that PSH and other suppliers will have it available for sale after release.
    Last edited by pkiler; 27th March 2020 at 10:35 PM.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Thank you all for input. I have made a list and will do further research into materials, and order some once safer times come. And will keep an eye on super secret material from the big company name