Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 31
  1. #1

    Default New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    In order to make LADDM more accessible, Tauer has released it as a reasonably priced solid perfume:

    https://tauerperfumes.com/solid-perf...-marocain.html

    Given how powerful some of the solid perfumes I've tried can be, I'd be curious to see what this does to LADDM's already impressive longevity.

    Anyway, kudos to Tauer for finding a way to make one of the most prestigious niche perfumes accessible. (In keeping with this trajectory, he also recently released similarly priced 5ml bottles of the extrait-strength Au Coeur du Desert, which is my favorite of his creations.)

  2. #2

    thebeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Biggest Little City
    Posts
    4,321

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    In order to make LADDM more accessible, Tauer has released it as a reasonably priced solid perfume:

    https://tauerperfumes.com/solid-perf...-marocain.html

    Given how powerful some of the solid perfumes I've tried can be, I'd be curious to see what this does to LADDM's already impressive longevity.

    Anyway, kudos to Tauer for finding a way to make one of the most prestigious niche perfumes accessible. (In keeping with this trajectory, he also recently released similarly priced 5ml bottles of the extrait-strength Au Coeur du Desert, which is my favorite of his creations.)
    Thanks for the info. I like solids.

  3. #3

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    Really like his line! Can you recommend some good solids? Have yet to try those! Ty

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  4. #4

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    so you rub it on your skin?
    "the righteous predecessors used to love those who informed them of their shortcomings and mistakes. as for now,the most hated of the people to us are those who inform of us of our shortcomings and mistakes" - ibn qudaamah al-maqdasee

  5. #5

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    Quote Originally Posted by abu abdullaah View Post
    so you rub it on your skin?
    It puts the lotion on its skin

  6. #6
    Basenotes Institution
    sjg3839's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    44,582

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    Thanks for the info.
    <div class="bnsotd"><b>Currently wearing:</b> <a href="ID26148387.html"><img src="http://www.basenotes.net/photos/products/33/26148387-7393.jpg"> Carven L'Eau Intense by Carven</a></div>

  7. #7

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    Quote Originally Posted by abu abdullaah View Post
    so you rub it on your skin?
    You just dab your finger and apply to skin. The oils tend to be quite concentrated, so while you don't get an explosive opening, it'll come to life as it warms up and you can get a lot of longevity.

  8. #8
    Dependent jkonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,250

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    Interesting. Been curious about this one for a long time but held off on a blind buy due to price. I'll probably pick this up though. Cool idea, it would be nice to see more offerings like this from otherwise expensive niche brands (and Tauer isn't even all that expensive all things considered).
    "To 'give style' to one's character-- a great and rare art!" - Nietzsche

    "I got my own style; you put my shoes on, you wouldn't last a mile" - Mac Dre

  9. #9

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume


  10. #10
    Basenotes Institution
    CapriDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Posts
    13,905

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    Great news indeed. I often bring solid perfumes when traveling. Thanks for the info.

  11. #11

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    Order placed!

    Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    48,594

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    Very interesting, I look forward to hearing others thoughts on it.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Scent of Oger by Creed

  13. #13

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    Mine finally arrived. It's LADDM, all right, wholly intact. Like any solid perfume it takes a bit for the skin to warm up the oils for it to really start projecting (so don't overdo it or you could be choking to death in thirty minutes).

    In some ways, this is actually nicer than the spray. It doesn't blast you from the outset but gradually blooms until it infuses the air. Same scent, but more seductive.

  14. #14

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    Mine finally arrived. It's LADDM, all right, wholly intact. Like any solid perfume it takes a bit for the skin to warm up the oils for it to really start projecting (so don't overdo it or you could be choking to death in thirty minutes).

    In some ways, this is actually nicer than the spray. It doesn't blast you from the outset but gradually blooms until it infuses the air. Same scent, but more seductive.
    Great to hear. I'm still waiting for my delivery. Hopefully I will have this on Monday.

    Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by psawjack; 12th April 2020 at 05:33 AM.

  15. #15

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    Mine finally arrived. It's LADDM, all right, wholly intact.
    Dang, I'm still waiting for mine too

    What day did you put your order in? Really glad to hear that you like it, but I was expecting nothing less.

  16. #16

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    March 28th, so it took about two weeks.

  17. #17

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    March 28th, so it took about two weeks.
    Put my order in on March 28th also and we live right next to each other

  18. #18
    Dependent slpfrsly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,395

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    Does anyone know the health/skin benefits or demerits of solid perfume v the traditional alcohol EDT?
    "Colourless green ideas sleep furiously."
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  19. #19

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    Got mine today - just smeared a bit on my forearms about 20 minutes ago, so I'll have to report back on final thoughts but my first impressions are that this stuff is lovely, I'm really enjoying the softer, subtler projection. Definitely smells fantastic!

    edit: I just realized I am also smelling a little bit of the card doused with L'Air des Alpes Suisses that was included with the L'AdDM solid, the combination of the solid and the wafts from the card are pretty glorious

  20. #20

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Got mine today - just smeared a bit on my forearms about 20 minutes ago, so I'll have to report back on final thoughts but my first impressions are that this stuff is lovely, I'm really enjoying the softer, subtler projection. Definitely smells fantastic!

    edit: I just realized I am also smelling a little bit of the card doused with L'Air des Alpes Suisses that was included with the L'AdDM solid, the combination of the solid and the wafts from the card are pretty glorious
    I'm glad it made it to you.

    I got a card doused with Tauer's Attar. Spectacular!

  21. #21

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Got mine today - just smeared a bit on my forearms about 20 minutes ago, so I'll have to report back on final thoughts but my first impressions are that this stuff is lovely, I'm really enjoying the softer, subtler projection. Definitely smells fantastic!

    edit: I just realized I am also smelling a little bit of the card doused with L'Air des Alpes Suisses that was included with the L'AdDM solid, the combination of the solid and the wafts from the card are pretty glorious
    Me too. I may need to pick up a bottle of the Suisses to go with it.

    So far it's okay, more straight to base notes for me and not as much of the interesting spices at the top. Just initial thoughts. I wish more companies did this.

    Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    Dependent oudaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    1,238

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    I don't see why it is not available for shipping worldwide, surely it is not restricted like perfumes and aftershaves? An attar version of LADDM would be a great offering too.
    Currently wearing: Sayat Nova by Bortnikoff

  23. #23

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    Quote Originally Posted by psawjack View Post
    Me too. I may need to pick up a bottle of the Suisses to go with it.

    So far it's okay, more straight to base notes for me and not as much of the interesting spices at the top. Just initial thoughts. I wish more companies did this.

    Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
    I've worn this more and, yes, the spices are very toned down here. There's less eruption of spices up top and they function more as part of the heart.

    This is a greener L'Air du Désert Marocain than the EDT, with vetiver becoming, well, not dominant, but very prominent.

  24. #24

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    I was just contemplating blind-swapping few mls of l'Air du Desert Marocain along with some other swaps, any Tauer expert bored enough to look at my Wardrobe and tell the odds of me liking it?

    * yeah I know it's insane that I'm yet to give this one a go.
    Currently wearing: Ursa by Tiziana Terenzi

  25. #25
    Basenotes Plus
    Jcelello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    615

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    Quote Originally Posted by blackaroma View Post
    I was just contemplating blind-swapping few mls of l'Air du Desert Marocain along with some other swaps, any Tauer expert bored enough to look at my Wardrobe and tell the odds of me liking it?

    * yeah I know it's insane that I'm yet to give this one a go.
    Based on your wardrobe, I would say odds are very high that you will at least appreciate it, if not like or love it.

  26. #26

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    Thanks! I'll probably take it then
    Currently wearing: Ursa by Tiziana Terenzi

  27. #27

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    i wish more companies did a solid perfume.
    Currently wearing: Paris-Biarritz by Chanel

  28. #28
    Dependent oudaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    1,238

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    i wish more companies did a solid perfume.
    So do I. It solves a lot of shipping problems for them too.
    Currently wearing: Sayat Nova by Bortnikoff

  29. #29
    Dependent oudaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    1,238

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    What's the projection and longevity like on it compared to the spray format?
    Currently wearing: Sayat Nova by Bortnikoff

  30. #30

    Default Re: New release: L'Air du Desert Marocain Solid Perfume

    Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    What's the projection and longevity like on it compared to the spray format?
    Projection is muted at first but it gradually opens up quite nicely. Longevity is on par with the EDT, at least for me, in the 6 hour range.




Similar Threads

  1. Tauer Au Coeur du Desert or L'Air du Desert Marocain?
    By oudaddict in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 13th April 2020, 03:19 AM
  2. Nu by YSL vs. L'Air du Desert Marocain.
    By Bigsly in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30th October 2009, 12:35 AM
  3. L'Air du Désert Marocain
    By Serpent in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 3rd March 2006, 11:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000