Code of Conduct

Default What are these new Roja Dove Parfum Colognes?

I started seeing these basic looking bottles (compared to his gorgeous edp and extrait bottles) popping up in fragrance stores.

They are all his classic scents but say Parfum Cologne on them and they are cheaper then the EDPís.

What are these and what are the difference compared to the EDP and Extrait? Same fragrance just weaker longevity and sillage?

Default Re: What are these new Roja Dove Parfum Colognes?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
    I started seeing these basic looking bottles (compared to his gorgeous edp and extrait bottles) popping up in fragrance stores.

They are all his classic scents but say Parfum Cologne on them and they are cheaper then the EDPís.

What are these and what are the difference compared to the EDP and Extrait? Same fragrance just weaker longevity and sillage?

Yea its just a lighter concentration of the corresponding Extrait fragrances. Similar to what he did with Elysium Parfum Cologne. The EDP's are being discontinued IIRC.

I've only tried the Enigma/Creation E Pour Homme vs the Creation E Eau d Cologne. I really like them both, but slightly prefer the Eau d Cologne to the Pour Homme which is an EDP strength. There's a bit more citrus assumedly from bergamot to the cologne that brings the strong cardamom, cognac, tobacco notes more in line with my particular taste and makes it more accessible for me personally, but of course your mileage may vary depending on your taste. The cologne also lasts plenty long on my skin as well. Lastly, the cologne is being produced whereas the EDP is no longer in production so the cologne will be more readily available to find. At 100 mils for the Creation E cologne it should last a lifetime if you have a big fragrance wardrobe...

They're made a bit lighter but somewhat retain their staying power. Picked up Scandal PC so far, and will get Enigma next. I was good with my Enigma EDP till I tried the "fresher" version and felt it had a place to have both versions.

Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

I have both the Elysium and the Scandal PC. Like them both a lot. Funny enough, Scandal to me is what I wanted Reckless to be. Like Reckless too, but wanted it to be a tad more fresh. And somehow, especially in the opening, Scandal PC gives me that. May be only to my nose that this resemblence is there. Good stuff anyway.

I have never seen this done before. Instead of a flanker make a lighter version that retains its staying power yet is much cheaper. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    Yea its just a lighter concentration of the corresponding Extrait fragrances. Similar to what he did with Elysium Parfum Cologne. The EDP's are being discontinued IIRC.
    Why discontinue an EDP is thats a stronger concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Scent Detective View Post
    I've only tried the Enigma/Creation E Pour Homme vs the Creation E Eau d Cologne. I really like them both, but slightly prefer the Eau d Cologne to the Pour Homme which is an EDP strength. There's a bit more citrus assumedly from bergamot to the cologne that brings the strong cardamom, cognac, tobacco notes more in line with my particular taste and makes it more accessible for me personally, but of course your mileage may vary depending on your taste. The cologne also lasts plenty long on my skin as well. Lastly, the cologne is being produced whereas the EDP is no longer in production so the cologne will be more readily available to find. At 100 mils for the Creation E cologne it should last a lifetime if you have a big fragrance wardrobe...
    Does it retain that beautiful fizzy cola like opening?

Enigma Parfum Cologne is great. It's one of those scents that you don't care if people will like on you (not saying they won't) because it's just something you want to keep on smelling. Elysium Parfum Cologne is well liked but it is a much, much more mainstream type of fragrance that's fresh, it gives off a very synthetic type impression though, it would suit an android.

Quote Originally Posted by mfinz8 View Post
    Enigma Parfum Cologne is great. It's one of those scents that you don't care if people will like on you (not saying they won't) because it's just something you want to keep on smelling. Elysium Parfum Cologne is well liked but it is a much, much more mainstream type of fragrance that's fresh, it gives off a very synthetic type impression though, it would suit an android.
    I was never a fan of Elysium. To me is smelled like a really bard try to make aventus crossed with blue chanel

I have never seen this done before. Instead of a flanker make a lighter version that retains its staying power yet is much cheaper. Strange.
    Roja claims that he designed this new concentration to retain the best of both worlds - freshness and longevity.

It is, but he kept the Parfum concentration. So, now instead of an EDP and Parfum, he will have the Parfum Cologne and Parfum.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    They're made a bit lighter but somewhat retain their staying power. Picked up Scandal PC so far, and will get Enigma next. I was good with my Enigma EDP till I tried the "fresher" version and felt it had a place to have both versions.

I have yet to try this one but hope to some day.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by mfinz8 View Post
    Enigma (the EDP in my case) is probably in my top 5 favorite scents ever, so when the parfum cologne was first introduced I did not pay much attention. I was pretty satisfied with what I had and there was no way to improve upon it. I had a sample sit untouched for a while. Finally, I went ahead and tried it on and couldn't believe how much I liked it as well. Not as a replacement, but a nice lighter complement. Definitely in my queue to purchase, especially for summer.

I have Elysium as well, purchased it when it first came out. It has its place and I find myself wearing it more a couple of years after I first purchased it.

how do you find the sillage with Creation E?

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Enigma (the EDP in my case) is probably in my top 5 favorite scents ever, so when the parfum cologne was first introduced I did not pay much attention. I was pretty satisfied with what I had and there was no way to improve upon it. I had a sample sit untouched for a while. Finally, I went ahead and tried it on and couldn't believe how much I liked it as well. Not as a replacement, but a nice lighter complement. Definitely in my queue to purchase, especially for summer.

I have Elysium as well, purchased it when it first came out. It has its place and I find myself wearing it more a couple of years after I first purchased it.
    Curious what else rounds out your top5?

Roja is innovative even in this. He’s created a completely new concentration for perfumes: Parfum Cologne.
    "True change is within; leave the outside as it is."
    Dalai Lama

Does it retain that beautiful fizzy cola like opening?
    Sorry for the late response. It certainly does on me while maintaining a slight brighter overall feel than the EDP as well.

how do you find the sillage with Creation E?
    Pretty impressive. He didn't great job with the parfum colognes as you don't lose much going down from the extrait. I have never cared for Enigma, but Enigma PC is well done. The fresher top notes makes it a much easier to wear fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Roja is innovative even in this. He’s created a completely new concentration for perfumes: Parfum Cologne.
    +1

Also, in the pipeline, are EDT Concentrate versions

Because of redundancy.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed