Code of Conduct

Default Francesca Bianchi?

This brand doesnt really seem to get much attention on here.

Thoughts on the juices?

Ive tried angels dust, etruscan water,and under my skin

Etruscan water is very nice, love the basil and citrus notes, this one will be great year round especially in summer

The other 2 were a bit too powdery, since i dont like powdery fragrances at all

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Francesca Bianchi?

Also tried Etruscan Water, which I felt was the only pleasant one for me from the house.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

A sample of The Lover's Tale sits in its own place, so it can't contaminate any other sample. Really rather good. Really rather overwhelming. A private pleasure.
    Summer 2020 : Guerlain Vetiver; Penhaligon's Juniper Sling; Etro Gomma; Palais Jamais and Dianthus; Hermes Equipage Geranium; Aramis Tuscany; Caron Yatagan and Third Man; Knize Ten ; Parfums d'Empire Eau de Gloire and Corsica Furiosa; Anatole Lebreton L'Eau de Merzhin; Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme

I only tried angel dust and under my skin. Angel dust was interesting exactly because, as you say, it was superpowdery-perhaps not something I'd want to wear every day, but fun to smell. Under my skin was an interesting musk, not as dirty as the name implies, but enjoyable. Too bad the brand is not that easy to find.

cacio

Basenotes Plus

Big fan of Francesca Bianchi here. I own 4 of her fragrances, all shipped internationally so ‘hard to find’ is simply a relative term. Under My Skin was my first from the house - a sexy ‘smeared lipstick & rumpled sheets’ boudoir scent. Blindbought The Black Knight ( dark leather vetiver), Lost in Heaven (a beautifully introspective floral oriental) and Cuir Soyeux ( soft silky leather) and are pleased with them all. I love powdery orris-driven scents so the house DNA is right up my alley. The Lover’s Tale could well be my next purchase though it’s a riff of a very similar theme.
    Currently wearing: Great Britain by Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Big fan of Francesca Bianchi here. I own 4 of her fragrances, all shipped internationally so ‘hard to find’ is simply a relative term. Under My Skin was my first from the house - a sexy ‘smeared lipstick & rumpled sheets’ boudoir scent. Blindbought The Black Knight ( dark leather vetiver), Lost in Heaven (a beautifully introspective floral oriental) and Cuir Soyeux ( soft silky leather) and are pleased with them all. I love powdery orris-driven scents so the house DNA is right up my alley. The Lover’s Tale could well be my next purchase though it’s a riff of a very similar theme.
    Let's not forget my personal Summer favorite.
    sex-and-the-sea-neroli-10-francesca-bianchi-perfumes.jpg

Yep, big fan here as well! Bought most of her stuff blind!
    I'm searching for love, for inspiration, on that pirate radio station...

I have a sample of The Black Knight that I wore recently. It was pretty good stuff--a very interesting leather.

Love this house, and it does have a strong identifiable dna. Eveeything is extrait concentration and perdorms amazing on my skin. Under My Skin, Etruscan Water, The Black Knight, and The Lover's Tale are favourites.

I have Under My Skin and Lover's Tale. That's my kind of stuff. I've heard that Dark Side is redundant with Under My Skin, but I may just grab it anyway sometime.

LOVE her work. The Lovers Tale is hands down the best sweet animalic leather out there, in my opinion. Sultan Pasha turned me on to it. Absolute knockout and boy does it perform. The Black Knight is a fantastic dark Vetiver/boot polish leather. Etruscan Water a strong and fun masculine and Lost in Heaven an animalic gourmand(though my partner thinks it smells too much like I’ve been “hanging out” with other women if I spray it— it is very dirty in its own way).

new house to me, this discussion has piqued my interest. Will check them out

-Mark

Lähetetty minun SM-T515 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
    Using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Vorago by Myrurgia

I love Under My Skin and was thinking of trying The Lover's Tale next, but I don't know if they're too similar. Can anyone explain the differences? I'm a bit worried about the honey note... is it too prominent?

The other one I have on my radar is The Black Knight, but I've read some comments about sweetness that turn me off, and it too has a honey note, plus beeswax... how's the honey on this one?

I have a sample of under my skin and i have lost in heaven.

Woudnt own either, under my skin i get a lot of ambergris like salty marine on my skin. Really wanted to love it. I cant.
    Lover Tales is good but not the scent profile i thought it would be. All of them are pretty good performance wise for the cost though.

Got 3 more samples from the house on the way then I'm done trying out this house.

Basenotes Plus

Here's a review from Yve from You Tube .

I enjoy the house

Wearing the Neroli version of Sex and the Sea today and it is amazing in high summer heat. Sprayed a bit of the regular sex and the sea and I have to say it’s much better on my partner’s skin. Coconut and other beachy notes are much better on her. But that Neroli one! Never considered an FB of that one before. But now I’m really wishing I had one.

Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    Wearing the Neroli version of Sex and the Sea today and it is amazing in high summer heat. Sprayed a bit of the regular sex and the sea and I have to say it’s much better on my partner’s skin. Coconut and other beachy notes are much better on her. But that Neroli one! Never considered an FB of that one before. But now I’m really wishing I had one.
    Literally just received my bottle and am enjoying it on the back of my hand. Been a while since I sampled it. I love how the coconut on the neroli version just hovers above the composition, but doesn't take over. The salt from the ambergris is a nice counterpoint to the sweetness.
    Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief
    All kill their inspiration and sing about the grief