Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: How many here has kept every single fragrance you have purchased.

Apart from the bottles used, thus thrown away once emptied and/or the backups have either gifted or swapped, most bottles added to the wardrobe over time are still there
    Currently wearing: Marbert Homme by Marbert

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Note to self: Get adopted by Hednic
    Get in line!
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

I had to get rid of Rasisi La Yuqawam, but apart from that I've kept all fragrances. I'm not wearing everyone of them, but they all have memories attached to them.

All Is Beautiful

Never sold anything.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

We all make mistakes. It happens to us all. I sometimes give my bad bottles to friends, but sometimes it is better to sell or swap.

It happens to us all.
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously"
    Currently wearing: Black Aoud by Montale

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by tspencer View Post
    The only ones I didn't keep were blind buys that didn't work out. The ones I sampled first and decided to buy have stayed in my collection.

Not me

Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post
    I agree. I never went back and revised a verdict that I made on a perfume. Only the blind buys turned out to be problematic at times.
    Last edited by Andrei Bolkonsky; 9th April 2020 at 05:58 PM.

I kind of wish I had kept everything, but my minimalist lifestyle has got the better of me.
    Currently wearing: M by Puredistance

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    I kind of wish I had kept everything, but my minimalist lifestyle has got the better of me.
    I’m kinda there, but I can’t get the backup always need more habit just in case thinking out of me hahahahaha.
    Closest to a signature fragrance - Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    I’m kinda there, but I can’t get the backup always need more habit just in case thinking out of me hahahahaha.
    I've got a backup of tuscan leather. I don't mind backing up scents that I really love. Just don't see a need for dozens or even hundreds of bottles.

Speaking for myself, I don't see any reason why I would keep bottles of perfumes that I don't like. I have sold, swapped and given what doesn't fit my wardrobe.
    Currently wearing: Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by psebi101 View Post
    Speaking for myself, I don't see any reason why I would keep bottles of perfumes that I don't like. I have sold, swapped and given what doesn't fit my wardrobe.
    That's exactly what I do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by psebi101 View Post
    Agree. I have a revolving door that helps keep my wardrobe manageable. Regrets? I have a few, but then again, too few to mention. I did it my way.

I have sold off back-ups that I most likely won't get around to any time soon and a few that didn't agree with me.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

All Is Beautiful

Bought a bunch though
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

I've sold some that were unsuccessful blind-buys , and I've discarded empty bottles. But I still have more than 90% of everything that I have ever bought. Look at my wardrobe.

I only blind buy the perfumes that i can't find on sample, so if i don't like it yes i always sell. I have no room for overconsumption/consumerism and i'm not a bottle fetishist.

Basenotes Plus

I have every bottle (around 100). I started a small Guerlain and Patou collection in the early 1980's and replaced them as I emptied them, but I didn't really start building out until a decade ago. The only fragrance I've never replaced when it emptied was YSL Rive Gauche and that was simply because the delta between my memory of the scent and it's current state is just too wide a gap.

I do a lot of blind buying (that's my jam) and I don't sell. I give away a lot of decants to friends, they love cruising Beth's Cabinet and no one leaves my home empty-handed.

The only two personal items stipulated in my will are my motorcycles and my perfume collection.

I have kept all of my colognes since college. They seem like they have stayed usable, though I know they aren't supposed to be. I will smell an old scent and it rushes back a different chapter in my life. I didn't manage to save my middle school scents of English Leather Lime and Brut!

I've kept everything. I know if I get rid of something, there's a good chance I will want it again later. This also means, though, that I don't buy many things on a whim.

I don't blindbuy but in rare cases when a fragrance bores me or is stained by unpleasant memories I give them away or trade them for other perfumes I want.

I actually have given away most of what I have owned.

Not all, but most. It's rare that I sell or otherwise dispose of a fragrance purchase. Maybe 4 or 5 over the years, at a guess.

I only wish I'd had the foresight to keep hold of my very earliest bottles, from 'pre-hobby' days. I'd love to have those back, even as empties...

I think I have kept all mine. Some got lost moving but I have never sold a bottle. And I have never bought a backup either I'm in the minority here, I think
    Currently wearing: Dia Man by Amouage