Code of Conduct

Default Sorry not in appraisals - quick responses needed - Yep Creed fake thread

Sorry not in the appraisals thread.
    Bit irked so would like a fast response from Creed 'heads'.

I purchased a decant of Viking - than on second look at the listing - the imagery made me a bit doubtful.
    This is the main image that makes me think twice - the insert with the 2 images does not after doing some scouring online look right
    Font is not as italic as should be? Images are not cropped right? "de pere en fils..." text on three lines not two?
    ebaypurchase1.jpg

I thought I'd be courteous and alert the seller that I will be filing a return ( as per there is no angst or inflammatory language on my part) - only to be returned with an effing and blinding message about how it was purchased from Creed on discount and I'm tryingit on! My word 'the internet' ey!

So what says ye? It doesnt look right to me? "Basenoters Assemble...!"
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Sorry not in appraisals - quick responses needed - Yep Creed fake thread

I do know Creed is known for quality control issues, wonky caps labels not straight on bottle and a few months ago a Basenotes user posted a bottle of Viking with a decent size bubble in the sticker on the bottle. In this case none can be counted out, you have a right to feel wary at a purchase price like this. Have you smelled it at all and does anything else on the box or box sticker look off or suspicious? Does the bottom of the flacon look legit proper batch etching or printing on it?
    Closest to a signature fragrance - Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bzios Brasil

Default Re: Sorry not in appraisals - quick responses needed - Yep Creed fake thread

If you are not completely satisfied and left with doubts, for your peace of mind, it's better to return it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Hey cheers Speck -
    Lol not often my blood boils,but I can physically feel perspiration at the "f*@#!" response from the seller!
    All looked fine - I'm sure if you're afleabayer you also do that scrutinise EVERTHING in thr listing images etc, and for some reason I skipped the insert in my excitement.
    Having scoured 'fake creed' on Google - the insert comes up often - and now on second looks - doesn't seem quite right.
    This is what most of the inserts look like and hence my doubt;
    Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 9.32.06 PM.jpg
    and the one from the listing I purchased:
    Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 9.36.47 PM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    If you are not completely satisfied and left with doubts, for your peace of mind, it's better to return it.
    Aha a voice of reason and no stress!!
    Didn't have it - won't miss it - "ooonagi"!

Basenotes Plus

If your able to return it I would and source it from a reliable source to be safe that way all bases are covered. 500ml is no joke to chance any authenticity issues.

Aw sheesh - Lol I got 30ml from it. Wouldn't chance 500ml on ebay!!!
    Thank you -
    Yeah, the seller has now sent multiple messages - some apologies, some "facts" that 500ml are "too expensive to be faked" and a portfolio of images to uphold the authenticity of their collection of Creeds. Either desperate ( again bell rings!) or worried about bad feedback ( lol I'm hardly ever pressed to leave bad review - karma or whatever you believe in deals with all!!).
    I feel bad haha now. They're probably tearing hairs out.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Ifti View Post
    Aw sheesh - Lol I got 30ml from it. Wouldn't chance 500ml on ebay!!!
    Thank you -
    Yeah, the seller has now sent multiple messages - some apologies, some "facts" that 500ml are "too expensive to be faked" and a portfolio of images to uphold the authenticity of their collection of Creeds. Either desperate ( again bell rings!) or worried about bad feedback ( lol I'm hardly ever pressed to leave bad review - karma or whatever you believe in deals with all!!).
    I feel bad haha now. They're probably tearing hairs out.
    Haha, must have missed that well at least you got clarification I know when I sell authentic stuff it annoys me when others accuse had a guy basically steal 100ml Bleu De Chanel EDP early last year from me I bought at Ulta and eBay was of no help customers right sellers not. Enjoy your Viking it’s a unique fragrance and should serve you well.

This is why I don't like selling fragrances. Too many hysterical nutjobs.
    No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.

Thank you all for the constructive input folks
    Thanks to a BNer, I'm certain they're humble so I wont name them.
    Clarification: an older insert from another bottle was used in the image with the Viking bottle. And thus hysteria ensued!
    And.... breathe 😂😂😂

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post