Code of Conduct

Default New Fragrance Marketplace Launch - PORTIVES - buy & sell

I’m happy to announce that after more than a year of development I have finally launched my commission-free and ad-free perfume marketplace called PORTIVES @ www.portives.com!
    small.jpg
    I couldn’t find any marketplace sites dedicated to all things fragrance related that would allow us to buy & sell both new and used items, and since I have been a longtime user of niche clothing and music equipment sites, I decided to build one for our community.

The idea was to create something that would appeal to both small brands wanting a simple online shop and the average fraghead looking to clear out some under-utilized items, so I tried to keep the design as clean as possible, but with search & listing options that are very specific to fragrance, like 'amber', 'fougere', 'decant' and 'original bottle'. And I included listing options for incense, oils, candles, and bath & body. There is also an editorial section of the site that I’m developing further with a writer who specializes in this world, Natalie Toren.

It is still early in the testing phase so please comment below with any bugs, feature requests and feedback, or email me at info@portives.com

A little about me, RJ Kaufman - my occupation is actually as a musician (my artist name is Kauf), but I fell in love with niche fragrances about 7 years ago when one of the women at Barney’s beckoned me to come over and sample Frederic Malle’s Bois D’orage. I had not smelled fragrances other than mass-market designer fragrances before that, so was naturally floored by what I was discovering! Since then I have amassed a small collection and taken some classes at the Institute of Art and Olfaction (which gave me such a newfound respect for perfumers and how difficult their craft is) here in Los Angeles, and I started doing some interviews for the editorial page.

My plan is to keep the site running through user donations in the beginning and see how that goes. Eventually I may need to change the site to include some sort of minimal commission.

If anyone would like to pitch an article idea for the editorial section please let me know!

You can follow me on Instagram @portives

Btw the name came from “transportive”, one of my favorite qualities of a masterful scent.

Hope you all enjoy the site! It's a perfect time to list all those frags you've been wanting to sell while we have all this time at home
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: New Fragrance Marketplace Launch - PORTIVES - buy & sell

Really love the UI on the website. You got a solid thing going here. I hope you keep this project alive for as long as you can. I have one suggestion, for categories perhaps add the "animalic" category.

Beautiful site. All the best. Keep adding more products.

Quote Originally Posted by dysect View Post
    Really love the UI on the website. You got a solid thing going here. I hope you keep this project alive for as long as you can. I have one suggestion, for categories perhaps add the "animalic" category.
    I was also impressed with UI and UX, seems like it took a lot of effort to perfect those aspects

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Best of luck to you.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quite interesting I must admit

I congratulate you with this event, Man! It is pretty cool that you achieved your aim and made this nice shop, I wish you good luck. I believe that it will be much better for you to organize the work with the CRM system, for example, Salesforce. I am talking about it because I use this system for 3 months and I have no one trouble with it. If you want to know the salesforce developer hourly rate or some other information about it, you can just check their official site. I hope that I helped you.