Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Default Re: All Things Ensar Oud

Quote Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
    Reading about Ensar’s “composition” reminds me of the story behind Sensemilla by La Via del Profumo that was reported by Luca Turin in The Guide. LT writes:

It does seem so strange to us outsiders that perfumes can be composed, produced, and then sold without the perfumer actually smelling it. Are they truly able to just work from a formula (knowing their ingredients) and imagine the smell? Perhaps some resident artisans here at BN can enlighten us?
    Dear Tilt.
    Making perfumes is easy, and what I teach to my students is exactly what you are wondering about, the process of making perfumes without smelling them.
    If youy read the introduction of Jean-claude Ellena in his book Perfume, you will understand that the process has five steps:

Define the idea
    Define the ingredients
    Write the formula
    Execute the formula
    Check (smell) the result and eventually correct.

Every perfumes starts with an idea, the idea is a meaning. (have simple ideas... Guerlain to his students)
    Choosing the ingredients in natural perfumery is done with their meaning (olfactory psychology), not with their smell
    Writing the formula is done with the experience of their respective power and interaction with other ingredients
    Executing the formula is done in a minute
    Smelling the result is the wonderful part, the surprise, you discover the perfume, and realize that "your perfumes are like your children, they will never be as you want, they will always be as they want." And that you have to discover them as they are rather than shaping them as you want them.

Altogether it takes 10 minutes. Natural perfumes needs few ingredients because each one contains hundreds of molecules.
    In fact, because of their sheer complexity, the only thing to take care while making perfumes with natural ingredients is to avoid making a "soup", a "Mish mash". A smell without structure and coherence.
    For this it is necessary to follow a method, and to have a discipline, this is what I teach to my students, the Zen of perfumery. Make a perfume in 10 minutes and it needs no adjustment. Like Sensemilla.

When a perfumer cannot smell his perfume, in order to understand if it is good (and sellable) he does what he would always do anyway, he has his colleagues, family and friends smell it and comment.
    In any case, as I always say to my students: "your perfume can be only as good as your ingredients are". Like in cooking, you cannot prepare dishes for a five stars restaurant with supermarket ingredients.

I hope that this explains the story of "Sensemilla" to you. I understand that what I wrote may raise other interrogations, so I invite everyone with questions to ask them to me on my "Official thread"

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...cussion-thread
    AbdesSalaam Attar
    Composer Perfumer
    https://naturalnicheperfume.com/

Basenotes Member

Thank you for such a detailed reply. What a fascinating process! I’ll move other to the other thread if I have any questions.

Basenotes Plus

Thank you dear Profumo. Somehow that does make sense. Iím envisioning a process not dissimilar to cooking (while on a fast); when you know the properties of the ingredients itís not all that difficult to combine them together into a cohesive cuisine even if you donít get to taste the end result.

Quote Originally Posted by Dothraki View Post
    I have this on now. Itís a very nice sandalwood with a backdrop of oud. Thatís the main thing Iím getting. A lot more...pleasant than I thought it would be. Was hoping for something a little crazier.
    You remembered about me

Here are my questions:
    Is it darker in nature due to oud, or more green due to sandalwood?
    How prominent is musk?
    Do you get lavender note, or the menthol like cool from it?
    Any smokiness present?

Thank you thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    Iíd follow you down the rabbit hole with EO1 & EO2... but C&P & Tigerlust are certainly not unique if youíve smelled EO1 & EO2. Theyíre almost flankers to 1 & 2(which I donít necessarily mind).
    But they are still unique to Ensar. I couldnít even tell the difference between them the first spray and was like ďhm, thatís pretty much the sameĒ. Now I view it like this...I loved TL sooo much right at first spray it floored me, blew my mind. Then I tried C&P which was the same magic with a ďraspberryĒ twist. After checking out EO1, ďwow, a leather versionĒ. I was happy with this. TL is my current favorite and the one I experienced first. I spray this on fresh out the shower and itís magic. I like that later on I can go crazy with EO1 and it doesnít clash against the TL drydown, same with C&P aka EO2 on steroids lol. He did what nature does if you really think about it. Oud is all similar (for the most part) with twists and turns that make each one unique, but essentially flankers of whichever you tried first. I Never liked this with synthetics but with naturals to me it makes sense.

Itís funnyI think the price point makes a difference too. Ensarís work is far out of my means as it is. So I save up to buy testers decants and samples whenever I can. I love EO1/EO2/Sultan Leather/Iris Ghalia and at least 5 of the 9 ouds that Iíve sampled from Ensar. BUT. Itís very hard to square his over the top description of the scent with the fact that he hasnít smelled it. It partly feels like being scammed. It partly feels unbelievablY corny! Come on, man, you donít even Quality Control this stuff! Ease up on the insane claims.
    Unless youíre buying the pure parfum itís really not that expensive when compared to ALD and Bortnikoff. Actually, Bortnikoff is more expensive per 50ml and from the few I sampled from both, none of them seemed new, exciting or mind blowing. They seemed like very nice, well balanced perfumes. Something that could have come from another house and still synthetics carrying the piece. Ensarís are completely unmatched. When I tried ALD W&P II for instance I instantly remembered trying Creed BDP and it was like a better version of that. But first spray of TL I had absolutely nothing to compare it to until after trying the other EO creations. As for his marketing, educational or otherwise fueled write ups and descriptions...the juice speaks for itself. How do you explain to someone that loves chicken McNuggets, but has never had real chicken before, that your wild unprocessed chicken meat is nothing like McNuggets without sounding like Ensar.

In the end his write ups and descriptions do not bother me in the least bit. Even if he attacks others creations for using synthetics. Itís pretty funny and in the end itís true. We are so far removed from natural beauties in the world from food to perfume to fabrics and everything else that itís hard to find people who can understand the differences let alone appreciate them. Chicken nuggets are a bastardized version of chicken in the same way synthetics are bastardized or flat out artificial versions of rose, musk, oud, ambergris, etc. etc. For me, this was solidified and driven home on first spray of Tigerlust and reinforced after trying the others. Oud oil has blown my mind too. Itís natures perfume and doesnít get any better. Iím rambling now so.... anyways I love this stuff. Glad there is a community of awesome people into this stuff like I am here. \m/

But they are still unique to Ensar. I couldnít even tell the difference between them the first spray and was like ďhm, thatís pretty much the sameĒ. Now I view it like this...I loved TL sooo much right at first spray it floored me, blew my mind. Then I tried C&P which was the same magic with a ďraspberryĒ twist. After checking out EO1, ďwow, a leather versionĒ. I was happy with this. TL is my current favorite and the one I experienced first. I spray this on fresh out the shower and itís magic. I like that later on I can go crazy with EO1 and it doesnít clash against the TL drydown, same with C&P aka EO2 on steroids lol. He did what nature does if you really think about it. Oud is all similar (for the most part) with twists and turns that make each one unique, but essentially flankers of whichever you tried first. I Never liked this with synthetics but with naturals to me it makes sense.

Unless youíre buying the pure parfum itís really not that expensive when compared to ALD and Bortnikoff. Actually, Bortnikoff is more expensive per 50ml and from the few I sampled from both, none of them seemed new, exciting or mind blowing. They seemed like very nice, well balanced perfumes. Something that could have come from another house and still synthetics carrying the piece. Ensarís are completely unmatched. When I tried ALD W&P II for instance I instantly remembered trying Creed BDP and it was like a better version of that. But first spray of TL I had absolutely nothing to compare it to until after trying the other EO creations. As for his marketing, educational or otherwise fueled write ups and descriptions...the juice speaks for itself. How do you explain to someone that loves chicken McNuggets, but has never had real chicken before, that your wild unprocessed chicken meat is nothing like McNuggets without sounding like Ensar.

In the end his write ups and descriptions do not bother me in the least bit. Even if he attacks others creations for using synthetics. Itís pretty funny and in the end itís true. We are so far removed from natural beauties in the world from food to perfume to fabrics and everything else that itís hard to find people who can understand the differences let alone appreciate them. Chicken nuggets are a bastardized version of chicken in the same way synthetics are bastardized or flat out artificial versions of rose, musk, oud, ambergris, etc. etc. For me, this was solidified and driven home on first spray of Tigerlust and reinforced after trying the others. Oud oil has blown my mind too. Itís natures perfume and doesnít get any better. Iím rambling now so.... anyways I love this stuff. Glad there is a community of awesome people into this stuff like I am here. \m/

It's fallacious thinking that natural equals better. Everyone has their own opinion on what they like, and I for one am so glad that we have global trade and that so many are able to participate that both Ensar and his opposites have the ability to create whatever they wish. I personally see in the realm of actual perfume creation Ensar as the chicken nuggets and masterful work such as Roudnitska's as the juicy chicken breast. As Profumo confirmed it's much easier to make compositions out of the materials Ensar uses; please take note that everything Profumo talks about only applies to purely natural creations. Nothing he says applies to Western style perfume which is much more chemistry based. While I am not fan of post modernism and it's falsity it spreads, I do think the wondrous creations made with Western perfumery even so far back as the late 1800's (Jicky) far exceed the creative abilities done with Middle Eastern perfumery. As to which smells "better" that's up to the wearer.

Art and creation are not something humans get to choose to engage with or not; they are inherent in our very being. We must create art. It isn't so much we do it because we must express, we do it because we must create; the expression is one way we direct the creative flow. I personally think one must build a solid foundation in the truth, and then look forward. I cannot be bogged down by the past, and I think Middle Eastern perfumery is the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post
    You remembered about me

Here are my questions:
    Is it darker in nature due to oud, or more green due to sandalwood?
    How prominent is musk?
    Do you get lavender note, or the menthol like cool from it?
    Any smokiness present?

Thank you thank you
    Hey Mak, of course I remembered you! I’ll try to give you an idea, hopefully not be misleading.

Off the top there is a little horse/fecal type note. It disappears into a green woodyness within minutes. There is definitely a little cooling effect, I did not know this was from lavender but must be. Not really a menthol cool, more like a fresh cut wood cool. Not much smokiness as in burning wood. Drying down there is a tinge of fruitiness hiding behind the fresh wood scent and the wood dries a bit. Hard for me to pick out the musk as I’ve tried the EO parfums plus musk royale and Santal Royale and cannot pinpoint what the musk is. I would guess Olde Hind is sandalwood with a little oud behind it if I smelled blind. There is a slight saltiness which I thought comes from the sandalwood but maybe that’s the musk?

On drydown it smells like...reminds me of a cedar wood chest or something. It’s very pleasant, nastolgic. Hope this helps!

But they are still unique to Ensar. I couldn’t even tell the difference between them the first spray and was like “hm, that’s pretty much the same”. Now I view it like this...I loved TL sooo much right at first spray it floored me, blew my mind. Then I tried C&P which was the same magic with a “raspberry” twist. After checking out EO1, “wow, a leather version”. I was happy with this. TL is my current favorite and the one I experienced first. I spray this on fresh out the shower and it’s magic. I like that later on I can go crazy with EO1 and it doesn’t clash against the TL drydown, same with C&P aka EO2 on steroids lol. He did what nature does if you really think about it. Oud is all similar (for the most part) with twists and turns that make each one unique, but essentially flankers of whichever you tried first. I Never liked this with synthetics but with naturals to me it makes sense.

Unless you’re buying the pure parfum it’s really not that expensive when compared to ALD and Bortnikoff. Actually, Bortnikoff is more expensive per 50ml and from the few I sampled from both, none of them seemed new, exciting or mind blowing. They seemed like very nice, well balanced perfumes. Something that could have come from another house and still synthetics carrying the piece. Ensar’s are completely unmatched. When I tried ALD W&P II for instance I instantly remembered trying Creed BDP and it was like a better version of that. But first spray of TL I had absolutely nothing to compare it to until after trying the other EO creations. As for his marketing, educational or otherwise fueled write ups and descriptions...the juice speaks for itself. How do you explain to someone that loves chicken McNuggets, but has never had real chicken before, that your wild unprocessed chicken meat is nothing like McNuggets without sounding like Ensar.

In the end his write ups and descriptions do not bother me in the least bit. Even if he attacks others creations for using synthetics. It’s pretty funny and in the end it’s true. We are so far removed from natural beauties in the world from food to perfume to fabrics and everything else that it’s hard to find people who can understand the differences let alone appreciate them. Chicken nuggets are a bastardized version of chicken in the same way synthetics are bastardized or flat out artificial versions of rose, musk, oud, ambergris, etc. etc. For me, this was solidified and driven home on first spray of Tigerlust and reinforced after trying the others. Oud oil has blown my mind too. It’s natures perfume and doesn’t get any better. I’m rambling now so.... anyways I love this stuff. Glad there is a community of awesome people into this stuff like I am here. \m/
    I’m glad you’re so enthusiastic about Ensar’s work. He has done a great service to the Oud world. And continues to be a master. There are many other natural perfumers out there who make varied, beautifully blended unique works of art. Hiram Green for one. Abdes Salaam/ Profumo for another. House of Matriarch. The list goes on. There are lots of people who appreciate natural perfumes and still don’t love Ensar’s blending or composition(I think he’s often quite good). His materials are the highest grade and that does make a difference. Especially in the case of EO1 & EO2 (Oud and musk respectively in the starring roles).

But I have to say, I think Dmitry is a much better composer than Ensar, he takes more chances and each scent has its own unique profile. I don’t really think Ouds all smell like flankers of each other— but maybe that’s just me. As far as War & Peace smelling like Bois du Portugal, I can honestly say that I can’t think of any overlap in the profiles whatsoever but if you’re not into synthetics in western perfume, I could see it all feeling vaguely French in some almost Guerlainesque way. Either way, it is fascinating to see people’s various reactions to Ensar!
    Currently wearing: Fjerne by Slumberhouse

Very good description, thank you.

Sandalwood to me smells like warmed up butter which has slightly green fresh tone. Cant say i am fan of it as standalone.
    Musk can either be that salty note, or it can create powdery aura, as if u put your face into cats furr.

I am curious to smell some of these natural old school traditional oudi attars, so when it was named Olde Hind it got on my radar. But i dont necessary do good with sandalwood, so wont chase this attar, but still keep in mind
    Thank you again

Quote Originally Posted by GoldWineMemories View Post
    It's fallacious thinking that natural equals better. Everyone has their own opinion on what they like, and I for one am so glad that we have global trade and that so many are able to participate that both Ensar and his opposites have the ability to create whatever they wish.
    I disagree with your first statement. A natural is what it is whereas a synthetic is an imitation of the natural. The imitation will never be “better” because it will never be able to match the natural. Hence the natural wins every time...being what it naturally is 100%. I know some may prefer the synthetic, but the real stuff will still be better at being what the synthetic is trying to mimic. If you prefer an orange popsicle flavor to a ripe orange off the tree...I wouldn’t say you are a fan of oranges..as they taste nothing alike. But in the end it’s all personal and some prefer synthetic which is perfectly fine. There are still naturals I have not experienced and same with synthetics but I do prefer all the naturals I have had the pleasure of trying.

I disagree with your first statement. A natural is what it is whereas a synthetic is an imitation of the natural. The imitation will never be “better” because it will never be able to match the natural. Hence the natural wins every time...being what it naturally is 100%. I know some may prefer the synthetic, but the real stuff will still be better at being what the synthetic is trying to mimic. If you prefer an orange popsicle flavor to a ripe orange off the tree...I wouldn’t say you are a fan of oranges..as they taste nothing alike. But in the end it’s all personal and some prefer synthetic which is perfectly fine. There are still naturals I have not experienced and same with synthetics but I do prefer all the naturals I have had the pleasure of trying.

Is a synthetic ruby lesser than a natural ruby? They're both the exact same thing. Is a rose accord that is spot on to a say Moroccan rose lesser than the natural. I don't think so, therefore I think it's fallacious thinking. I disagree it can't be "better", because the natural isn't the bar to beat. The bar to beat is abstract and doesn't really exist. Your analogy is no good because you're comparing two different things. My analogy is the better one. If you cannot tell the difference, then there is no difference.

Basenotes Plus

Is a synthetic ruby lesser than a natural ruby? They're both the exact same thing. Is a rose accord that is spot on to a say Moroccan rose lesser than the natural. I don't think so, therefore I think it's fallacious thinking. I disagree it can't be "better", because the natural isn't the bar to beat. The bar to beat is abstract and doesn't really exist. Your analogy is no good because you're comparing two different things. My analogy is the better one. If you cannot tell the difference, then there is no difference.
    The big flaw in your argument is that while synthetic ruby and natural ruby are essentially the same, synthetic aroma chemicals are not the same as their natural counter parts. This is why fake oud smells exactly like fake oud. It lacks the nuances that real oud exhibits. That doesn't mean it's bad... it just isn't real oud. Same can be said for musk, iris and many other ingredients.

Nothing wrong with synthetic formulas mind you. Some are great. But personally I prefer houses with a focus on (mostly) naturals for a myriad of reasons.
    Do you even niche and/or artisanal?
    Currently wearing: Kiste by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by 911LambMelb View Post
    The big flaw in your argument is that while synthetic ruby and natural ruby are essentially the same, synthetic aroma chemicals are not the same as their natural counter parts. This is why fake oud smells exactly like fake oud. It lacks the nuances that real oud exhibits. That doesn't mean it's bad... it just isn't real oud. Same can be said for musk, iris and many other ingredients.

Nothing wrong with synthetic formulas mind you. Some are great. But personally I prefer houses with a focus on (mostly) naturals for a myriad of reasons.
    You can make synthetics that are the same. Western perfumery uses cypriol or black agar bases instead but it's doable. Oud is varied of course so you would need to create a new accord depending on what facet of oud you want to replicate, but it's done. Look at Roja's for instance you don't actually think there's oud in there do you? They sure fool people though. Same with any synthetic really. In fact you can in many ways make synthetics smell better than a natural.

Basenotes Plus

You can make synthetics that are the same. Western perfumery uses cypriol or black agar bases instead but it's doable. Oud is varied of course so you would need to create a new accord depending on what facet of oud you want to replicate, but it's done. Look at Roja's for instance you don't actually think there's oud in there do you? They sure fool people though. Same with any synthetic really. In fact you can in many ways make synthetics smell better than a natural.
    No you can't. There isn't a single synthetic oud perfume that really smells like oud in the market. It smells like what people are used to and they call it 'oud'. That doesn't mean it smells like real oud. Please name one for me?

Do they smell good? You bet ya. Some Rojas smell great. They can call it oud anything. Doesn't mean it smells the same. Let's call a spade a spade.
    Do you even niche and/or artisanal?
    Currently wearing: Kiste by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post
    Very good description, thank you.

Sandalwood to me smells like warmed up butter which has slightly green fresh tone. Cant say i am fan of it as standalone.
    Musk can either be that salty note, or it can create powdery aura, as if u put your face into cats furr.

I am curious to smell some of these natural old school traditional oudi attars, so when it was named Olde Hind it got on my radar. But i dont necessary do good with sandalwood, so wont chase this attar, but still keep in mind
    Thank you again
    Hope I didn’t scare you away from something you might end up in love with. Just for the record...I’m not that versed in Hindi ouds and new to ouds in general so take my description with a grain of salt. I don’t get buttery from sandalwood (Mysore) but now that you mention it I’ll give a swipe of Santal Royale tomorrow and see if I can pick out the creamy or butteryness.

Deleted double post
    Last edited by Dothraki; 30th May 2020 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Double post

In fact you can in many ways make synthetics smell better than a natural.
    That doesn’t make much sense to me...if the synthetic smells “better” hence “different” it has defeated it’s purpose of synthesizing the natural. That’s like saying..”my artificial banana tastes better than your real banana because mine tastes like cotton candy”.

Does anyone here prefer Sultan Leather Attar over EO1?

That doesn’t make much sense to me...if the synthetic smells “better” hence “different” it has defeated it’s purpose of synthesizing the natural. That’s like saying..”my artificial banana tastes better than your real banana because mine tastes like cotton candy”.
    It’s actually 100% true. Many flowers and natural aromas have no possible process of distillation. Synthetics revolutionized perfumery as an art form, making complex formulations stable and with the advent of headspace technology, the ability to analyze the chemical composition of the scent component of florals, woods, grasses etc. — rather than the chemical composition of the oils and distillates themselves.

There’s no hard or fast rule for whether a natural or a synthetic composition is superior but — GENERALLY speaking — many of the best and most groundbreaking perfumes have relied on a combination of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    I MUCH prefer it.

I do, sort of. I prefer SLA for the scent experience alone, but I prefer how EO1 wears on my skin.

It’s actually 100% true. Many flowers and natural aromas have no possible process of distillation. Synthetics revolutionized perfumery as an art form, making complex formulations stable and with the advent of headspace technology, the ability to analyze the chemical composition of the scent component of florals, woods, grasses etc. — rather than the chemical composition of the oils and distillates themselves.

There’s no hard or fast rule for whether a natural or a synthetic composition is superior but — GENERALLY speaking — many of the best and most groundbreaking perfumes have relied on a combination of the two.
    I’m not arguing that...but to say an artificial scent can mimick the real scent “better” is a ridiculous statement. I’m not referring to making a lilac accord for instance because you cannot distill lilac.

Have not tried it. How similar to EO1 was it? I know EO1 was based on SLA but were they fairly close in scent?

Basenotes Plus

Have not tried it. How similar to EO1 was it? I know EO1 was based on SLA but were they fairly close in scent?
    i prefer SLA to eo1. they are the exact same notes. im not sure if any of the levels were tweaked or if he just took SLA and diluted it with perfumers alcohol to make it sprayable but i do know they are the exact same notes.

Hope I didn’t scare you away from something you might end up in love with. Just for the record...I’m not that versed in Hindi ouds and new to ouds in general so take my description with a grain of salt. I don’t get buttery from sandalwood (Mysore) but now that you mention it I’ll give a swipe of Santal Royale tomorrow and see if I can pick out the creamy or butteryness.
    Not at all, dont worry
    Descriptions that ensar posts just dont usually click with me, so i rely more on users and their description, and even that i learned to filter based on other comments and reviews.
    Dont know if you have ottoman empire 2 attar, but that one has very bright sandalwood note that is thick and buttery at the start. Then rose enters making it beautiful.
    If i order some oud from ensar i can ask for a drop of attar, but wont blindbuy it.

And in recent news of him not trying his scents - curious who is working on Ensars 'Ghalia'

Quote Originally Posted by solvovir View Post
    i prefer SLA to eo1. they are the exact same notes. im not sure if any of the levels were tweaked or if he just took SLA and diluted it with perfumers alcohol to make it sprayable but i do know they are the exact same notes.
    As one of the user here pointed out, SLA has a rather bold incense note that seems to be missing from EO1. There’s also a charred/tobacco/Smokey note in my EO1 pure Parfum that seems to be either well blended or entirely missing from SLA. I would say overall SLA is the smoothest blend out of the concentrations but that frankincense note is far superior in SLA than to my 2018 edition of EO1 PP.

If I didn’t obsess over every little nuance between the two I’m sure these would appear identical however to my nose the ambergris becomes front and center in SLA where as in EO1 it morphs into the composition rather than being a stand alone note. Also keep in mind I’ve been wearing SLA in 100+ temps so maybe the amplification or notes is due in part to the dry heat of the desert. Never the less, this is my experience where I live when triple digits take up about 7 months of the year.

It’s basically the exact same composition plus or minus a few notes. I prefer SLA over EO1 in all aspects of concentration. For one, the price point on SLA gets you more bang for the buck. SLA has the same power of projection and longevity if not more longevity than its pure Parfum counterpart. I’ve clocked almost 24 hours of scent recognition on my skin. Both perform on clothIng pretty equally.

There’s nuances found in SLA that are missing from EO1. The Oud that is used is different in both compositions but the ambergris/civet/animalics used are the same and perform the same. You’ll find the drydowns nearly identical if not completely identical. The opening of SLA is far superior in my opinion.

Basenotes Plus

As one of the user here pointed out, SLA has a rather bold incense note that seems to be missing from EO1. There’s also a charred/tobacco/Smokey note in my EO1 pure Parfum that seems to be either well blended or entirely missing from SLA. I would say overall SLA is the smoothest blend out of the concentrations but that frankincense note is far superior in SLA than to my 2018 edition of EO1 PP.

If I didn’t obsess over every little nuance between the two I’m sure these would appear identical however to my nose the ambergris becomes front and center in SLA where as in EO1 it morphs into the composition rather than being a stand alone note. Also keep in mind I’ve been wearing SLA in 100+ temps so maybe the amplification or notes is due in part to the dry heat of the desert. Never the less, this is my experience where I live when triple digits take up about 7 months of the year.
    I understand what you mean. I live in the Texas heat as well in summer. To me SLA and eo1 are very similar but based on what I smell I would guess they are different formulas. Ensar told me they are the same note list. So unless hes being coy about adding something i'm thinking the levels of the individual notes have been adjusted between SLA and eo1 or like you pointed out, its the same "notes" (oud, ambergris, civet) but different batch variations or slightly different type of oud, ambergris, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by solvovir View Post
    I understand what you mean. I live in the Texas heat as well in summer. To me SLA and eo1 are very similar but based on what I smell I would guess they are different formulas. Ensar told me they are the same note list. So unless hes being coy about adding something i'm thinking the levels of the individual notes have been adjusted between SLA and eo1 or like you pointed out, its the same "notes" (oud, ambergris, civet) but different batch variations or slightly different type of oud, ambergris, ect.

The Oud is most definitely different. Even in the scent description there is different Oud used depending on the batch. I know he was saying an upcoming batch will have more focus on a Hindi Oud he’s keen on and for that I feel there’s minute differences. I feel like the pure Parfum highlights different aspects of the composition like lavender and that beautiful green tea accord in the opening. I don’t get much of the green tea aspect with SLA but different concentrations will completely change how we view these fragrances.

The Oud is most definitely different. Even in the scent description there is different Oud used depending on the batch. I know he was saying an upcoming batch will have more focus on a Hindi Oud he’s keen on and for that I feel there’s minute differences. I feel like the pure Parfum highlights different aspects of the composition like lavender and that beautiful green tea accord in the opening. I don’t get much of the green tea aspect with SLA but different concentrations will completely change how we view these fragrances.
    Yes, I believe the SLA is either absent lavender or it’s unidentifiable in the Attar form, whereas in the EO1 it gives it that herbal kick at first spray.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast