Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Super Member Feedback 32 (100%)

Default Re: 25% off sale Neiman Marcus

Well I contacted them today and just so happened it’s shipping out today. Hopefully the wait was worth it

Dependent Feedback 3 (100%) PrinceRF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spotxc View Post
    Well I contacted them today and just so happened it’s shipping out today. Hopefully the wait was worth it
    Hoping so.

Sillage Monster

I just got a 10% off one item email coupon as a make good for my cancelled French Lover order. It seems to me 25% would be more appropriate since I might have selected another perfume instead during the 25% off sale. I probably won't be using the 10% off offer because it's insufficient motivation for me to buy an expensive item.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Dependent Feedback 3 (100%) PrinceRF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    It seems to me 25% would be more appropriate since I might have selected another perfume instead during the 25% off sale.
    That would make more sense to me. 10% isn't much savings.

Dependent

I've been browsing their site lately, couldn't find anything that I want.
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Missing Oakmoss

I just got a 10% off one item email coupon as a make good for my cancelled French Lover order. It seems to me 25% would be more appropriate since I might have selected another perfume instead during the 25% off sale. I probably won't be using the 10% off offer because it's insufficient motivation for me to buy an expensive item.
    That 10% off coupon is insulting. Since they couldn't fulfill your original 25% off order, they should have let you apply the same discount to something else. This "spring sale" has been quite a debacle.
    Last edited by Bonnette; 29th April 2020 at 06:24 PM. Reason: added quote

They should have offered to ADD an additional 10% to the original 25%.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Banned Feedback 2 (100%)

The horror stories I'm reading in this thread just gave me several other good reasons not to buy in bricks and mortar businesses (if possible). I will keep going with discounters and (reputable) ebay sellers who lately ship in record time, and offer the lowest prices for items that are exactly identical.

Basenotes Junkie Feedback 0

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    The horror stories I'm reading in this thread just gave me several other good reasons not to buy in bricks and mortar businesses (if possible). I will keep going with discounters and (reputable) ebay sellers who lately ship in record time, and offer the lowest prices for items that are exactly identical.

Likewise, especially after my bad experience with Bloomingdales and now reading this thread. Funny thing is I never had issues with any of the reputable discounters like Fragrancenet and now I have a new favorite Fragrancebuy, but I do miss Notino, they had the best deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    That 10% off coupon is insulting. Since they couldn't fulfill your original 25% off order, they should have let you apply the same discount to something else. This "spring sale" has been quite a debacle.
    Looks that way. Nordstrom struggled with their big sale, too, but eventually they delivered the goods.
    Currently wearing: Beach Hut Man by Amouage

Banned Feedback 2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tr88 View Post
    I have a new favorite Fragrancebuy
    FragranceBuy is incredible. Best prices (thanks to a favorable USD/CAD exchange rate), no taxes, loyalty program, and international tracked+insured door-to-door shipping in just 4 days (even during Covid!). Not to talk about a selection that easily beats any dept stores.

But let's not shout it too loud, as I already noticed that the best deals are being sold-out faster than a year ago, so it probably gained in popularity.

Basenotes Institution Feedback 12 (100%) TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    FragranceBuy is incredible. Best prices (thanks to a favorable USD/CAD exchange rate), no taxes, loyalty program, and international tracked+insured door-to-door shipping in just 4 days (even during Covid!). Not to talk about a selection that easily beats any dept stores.

But let's not shout it too loud, as I already noticed that the best deals are being sold-out faster than a year ago, so it probably gained in popularity.
    They are great I get most of my Roja's from there. Unbelievable quick shipping too.

After a week it finally shipped. Tracking says it will arrive May 5th.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Mazzolari

Feedback 8 (100%)

I got a tracking number today, too. Maybe something will come next week. Well, that's something.
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

Super Member Feedback 0

- - - Updated - - -

FragranceBuy, seems to always be "sold out" of all the good/better fragrances.

Dependent Feedback 148 (100%) RedRaider430's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    They (FragranceBuy) are great I get most of my Roja's from there. Unbelievable quick shipping too.
    I had not heard of them. I joined, but for some reason it's not reducing the Canadian dollar price on the website to US dollars. So if something is 70 Canadian dollars, they charge $70 US dollars instead of a little over $50. And they charge nearly $15.00 for delivery to the USA?

Do they not have any discount codes?
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626
    Currently wearing: Néroli Sauvage by Creed

Sillage Monster

My order of Givency Encens Divin arrived yesterday, along with a Frederic Malle fragrance travel case. Sadly, the two travel sized French Lover refill bottles got cancelled by NM so the travel case is useless. I suppose I'll hang onto it for future use. Grrr... I'm still waiting for Grand Soir.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Missing Oakmoss

My order of Givency Encens Divin arrived yesterday, along with a Frederic Malle fragrance travel case. Sadly, the two travel sized French Lover refill bottles got cancelled by NM so the travel case is useless. I suppose I'll hang onto it for future use. Grrr... I'm still waiting for Grand Soir.
    It's a miracle you received the Givenchy and (useless) Malle travel case. This sale has cured me of ordering online from NM again, even if the company avoids bankruptcy. I'm still waiting for some kind of email notification, either a cancellation or shipping notice, on the Tuberose-Gardenia I ordered 4-21. My credit card charge showed as pending, then disappeared, then was relisted as pending yesterday - but the order is still described as "in process" on my NM order page. I hope your Grand Soir and my T-G eventually arrive.

Banned Feedback 2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seldomseen View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

FragranceBuy, seems to always be "sold out" of all the good/better fragrances.
    It gets more and more popular. Now saying they are sold out of ALL the good frags is simply not true, and you may have simply been unlucky/too slow. I give a weekly glance at the new arrivals to avoid missing anything I want. Fraghead level stuff well priced (aka niche testers) doesn't last long indeed, but the NIB stuff is very available (for a few bucks more). That said, they also have a "secret" section with special deals that only the good hunters will find (i.e. some Nishane NIB were sold out while a few testers - at a lower price - were still available under a fake name..... they like to play game haha)

Sillage Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    It's a miracle you received the Givenchy and (useless) Malle travel case. This sale has cured me of ordering online from NM again, even if the company avoids bankruptcy. I'm still waiting for some kind of email notification, either a cancellation or shipping notice, on the Tuberose-Gardenia I ordered 4-21. My credit card charge showed as pending, then disappeared, then was relisted as pending yesterday - but the order is still described as "in process" on my NM order page. I hope your Grand Soir and my T-G eventually arrive.
    The charges on my credit card far exceed what I authorized and I can't make heads or tails what they are based on. I'll wait a week to see what happens once I receive Grand Soir. I have a couple of pending charges too. Sigh...

Missing Oakmoss

The charges on my credit card far exceed what I authorized and I can't make heads or tails what they are based on. I'll wait a week to see what happens once I receive Grand Soir. I have a couple of pending charges too. Sigh...
    It wouldn't surprise me a bit if they submitted the charges several times. I emailed them again this morning, saying that I do not want to be charged more than once - or ever, if they can't get it together to ship the perfume. I emailed instead of calling, because I want documentation. No reply yet. Nieman Marcus is toast, as far as I'm concerned.

- - - Updated - - -

Just received a reply from NM. It did not reference the credit card weirdness at all, but said they expect the perfume to ship on May 6. So we'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

NM had the nerve to send me a request to review my order, and they haven't even shipped it!

- - - Updated - - -

Shipped!